Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. text water mark

Right now we have only Addition of picture for watermark. Adding text water mark option as given in ms word will help us a lot.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Color box - wrong color arrangement

Hello,

suggestion to change the color box so that the basic colors are red, blue and yellow.

The current situation is red, blue and green.

The reason is that green is not a basic color.

Regards

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. insert planet symbols

Would be good to be able to insert symbols for planets to be able to draw charts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create a user defined linear regression channel

A linear regression channel can be created two ways. The first way is to use the Linest function to create a linear regression line. Using the Linest formula, draw parallel lines above and below the regression line at a distance of one standard deviation. Ideally, the option could be given to use other standard deviations and to create multiple parallel lines using multiple standard deviations. The second method is to create Raff lines which uses the Linest Function to create the regression line and then plot the two parallel lines at the farthest distance from the line either above or…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Charts/Graphs need to be static or float

Charts/Graphs need the ability to float so the sheet can be scrolled and the visual data (Graph) remains in sight.
    Much like freezing the top line does. this would be helpful when needing the visual reference while looking at data lines.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Set custom number thresholds for filled map charts

Currently the values for map charts are automatic, which means that providing weekly updates is not possible as the label will change from week to week as the values change. Being able to set a minimum, middle and maximum would fix this and enable the map to be used for consistent periodic reporting

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enter axis options (min, max, grid spacing) in date/time formats

I have time ordered data that I am graphing. I'd like to set the axis options of minimum (starting time) maximum (ending time) and grid line spacing in the same number format as it is displayed. My data uses mm:ss.0, and the axis labels mm.ss, but I have to compute the decimal equivalents of times to enter into the axis options box. I should be able to enter things like 7:15 and 7:45 for the axis bounds and 0:05 for the units.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. excel does not recognize districts and city districts, administrative territorial divisions for applying gradient fill (a new type of diagra

Excel does not recognize districts and city districts, administrative territorial divisions for applying gradient fill (a new type of diagrams)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. excel does not recognize districts and city districts, administrative territorial divisions for applying gradient fill (a new type of diagra

Excel does not recognize districts and city districts, administrative territorial divisions for applying gradient fill (a new type of diagrams)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make Axis in Graphs flexible so that Max and Min values to be set by user

Make Axis in Graphs flexible to set Max and Min values to be set by user. For example one can make the Graph title user friendly by using
    =XX in the title box the same should be possible for the upper and lower limit of the graph. Or change the syntax by Roundup the max value in the graph and Rounddown the min value

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Stop changing the series colors

Whenever I edit the data in a plot by changing the range of a data series, it changes the color of the line/markers in the plot. Stop that. There's no reason for that to be default behavior. I already formatted the plot, and now I gotta do it again. Stop.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Increase icon size in legends

A lot of the little square boxes in legends are so tiny that it's difficult to distinguish different pattern fills. It would be great to make the size of those editable -- the only way I can find to do it is by increasing font size in the legend, which isn't always desirable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. adding 2 surface plot in a single chart

Currently we can add 2 different scatter plot or 2D line plot in a single chart, but there is no option for adding 2 surface plots in a single chart.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. In the "Edit Series" dialogue box, change default mode to editing

When adding or editing a series to a chart using the "Edit Series" dialogue box, clicking the range selection text field and then pressing an arrow key should cause the cursor to move within the string. (I'm pretty sure it worked this way in the past.) Instead, pressing an arrow key appends a cell adjacent to the currently active cell. The attached screenshot shows how cell C16 (adjacent to active cell C15) is added to the series after the down key is pressed.

Pressing F2 to enter editing mode gives the correct behavior of moving the cursor within the input…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fix "Edit Series" dialogue box on multiple monitor systems

When using a secondary monitor, the chart "Edit Series" dialogue box is does not display the selected ranges after selection.

To reproduce the bug, move the Excel window to a secondary monitor, create a scatter plot from any numerical data > right click the chart > Select Data > Add or Edit > use Select Series dialogue box to select series name, X values, and Y values. The range input boxes will be blank. This works correctly only on the primary monitor.

This bug was also reported by somebody here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_excel-mso_win10-mso_o365b/bug-reports-excel-2016-charting/7b89f970-63ae-4dd0-90fb-762927ed5d30

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Excel update the vertical axis high & low values automatically

update the vertical axis high & low values automatically by using the values from other cells

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bulk Selection of data series in "Select Data Source" Window

Just a simple one but could really save a lot of time for me and perhaps many others in the world we live in::; If shift+ block selection of data series (on/off the chart) were possible in the data selection window (it is not, at least for me), flipping a bunch of different charts out would be a lot quicker/easier when the scroll bar is getting tiny and you juuuust want to get the dang data set unselected so you can graph the stats. For me that's really the only thing keeping me from being able to churn out all…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Possibility to manipulate legend name in Waterfall chart in Excel

As of now, I couldn't change the legend name in the Waterfall chart as opposed to default legend names (Increase, Decrease, Total). It would be so nice if MS support teams can take a look at this issue and I'm hoping for a quick fix for it!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Cell Colour Dependent Charts

I have been using Excel to track some progress and have found colour coding quite useful, however I want to convert the colour coding into a pie chart. If I could label 3 categories with red, green, and yellow, wherein the colours change monthly depending on the data, I would like to be able to create a pie chart that correlates to the different coloured cells.

E.G.

Red: Not started
    Yellow: Started
    Green: Finished

I want to make a pie chart that represents how many pieces of work are in each category without having to make a table that outlines…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. give user freedom to set their own font defaults throughout excel i.e. data labels, titles etc.

give user freedom to set their own font defaults throughout excel i.e. data labels, titles etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 26 27
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base