Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Link Map

Make linking options available for Map Chart Types.

I would like to be able to link the title of my maps to cells within my workbook to make it quicker and easier to update them but it is currently not available for Maps.
    See the first note on the following link:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Link-a-chart-title-label-or-text-box-to-a-worksheet-cell-efc8173a-2a8a-423b-b4e2-b10c62fca6f5

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Intelligent options for data labels in charts

We need better options for formatting and positioning data labels in charts.

*better positioning options, including above left, below left, above right, below right, etc.

*ability to specify offset (distance from data point), both horizontal and vertical

*ability to nudge data labels with keyboard arrows

*better number formats (see https://excel.uservoice.com/forums/304921-excel-for-windows-desktop-application/suggestions/14817276-intelligent-number-formatting-in-chart-axes)

*ability to display label for min or max data point, for first data point, for last data point, for every other data point, etc.

*Tickbox option for all the data labels to match data color or some such (match the font of the data label to the line color,…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. MPOC - Add In or Native Feature

I really need to move points on charts like in Excel 2003.
    Can this function be added to every version of Excel ?
    There was an Add-In for Excel 2010 and Microsoft said it was evaluating how to bring this back as a native feature in a future release. Instead, the add-in can't be used for further version.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please check your spelling

In Excel 2010 (Design tab for Sparkline, Dropdown Axis, Vertical Axis Maximum Value Options, Custom Value...) "Enter the maximium value for the vertical axis". Please correct the spelling. It's "maximum" not "maximium". Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. alborz province

I need to find 4 province in map for Iran.
    Kurdistan
    Alborz
    North Khorasan
    South Khorasan
    Razavi Khorashan

Best regards,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Freezing Property for Graphs, Shapes, Linked Pictures/Objects

It will be good to have Freezing Option under Properties for Graphs, Shapes, Linked Pictures/Objects etc. where a user can have an option to lock the objects on screen... and the same should be appearing as constant even if the user scrolls to the left-right & up-down.

This will give End-user a dynamic webpage view/feel especially for huge excel dashboards with specific KPI - graphs and charts appearing on top or on either sides

Like: Don't Move or Size or Scroll with the Cells

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. ordnance survey

Will it be possible to include all the map features from BING into excel 3D maps. I would like to be able to add my graphs to the Ordnance survey map feature

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Excel Maps: Some names of municipalities in Denmark are registered incorrectly

For Denmark, some municipalities are registered under the wrong name. I have listed them beneath (the first name is the correct name, the second one is the one registered in Excel Maps/Bing).

Ikast-Brande - Ikast
    Hedensted - Juelsminde
    Allerød - Allerød Kommune

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. PLEASE PLEASE Better Handling of Date/Time data in graphs

I have used Excel for 20+ years and STILL there is poor handling of time/date data in graphs. Can you make the axis options easier for users when using XY Scatter?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Packed bubble charts

I just saw a very awesome chart in a Bloomberg article (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2020-01-09/the-hidden-dangers-of-the-great-index-fund-takeover). It shows four categories of information in a very intuitive manner. I believe it is a packed bubble chart, but it also has an x-axis (no y-axis). It would be great to have this as a charting option!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Easy dynamic charts using dynamic arrays

Dynamic arrays are great! Please let us use them (in chart series) for dynamic charting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Heat map

Enable the heat map function to hide a location point after it has dissipated in time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Simplefy custom 3D MAPS for visualizing production and logistic processes

I use Excel to analyze data and visualize bottlenecks and opportunities. I always start to create the warehouse or conveyor systems in Excel so the customer can see where the issues are located. The standard 3D MAPS works fine when we analyze distribution processes but internal production or warehousing processes nee their own map. Sample. If I set-up a warehouse the cell height and width both have a value of 1 Meter to make travel distance calculations easy. In a cell I put the location name as used by the customer (first 6 digits without the level and position in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. WHY NOT UN-BREAK GRAPHS?

YOU BROKE GRAPHS AFTER 2013. DON'T TRY TO DENY IT. LINE GRAPHS CREATE CATEGORIES ON THE X AXIS INSTEAD OF USING REAL DATA. SCATTER GRAPHS REPLACE NEGATIVE X AXIS DATA WITH INVENTED POSITIVE DATA>

FIX YOUR MISTAKES URGENTLY. HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO USE THIS GARBAGE?

NO NEED TO ASK FOR EXAMPLES. IT IS TRIVIAL TO CREATE FAILURES. TRY IT SOMETIME IN YOUR INADEQUATE REGRESSION TESTING PROCESS.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Spreadsheets

Ich möchte lade zwei Dateien mit unterschiedlichen Angebotsständen(Angebot 1, Angebot 2).Mit Spreadsheets oder Inquire kann ich die beiden Dateien vergleichen.Leider habe ich nicht die Möglichkeit mir die angezeigten Unterschiede direkt in den beiden Originaldateien mit den farblichen Markierungen abzuspeichern.

I would like to load two files with different offer levels (offer 1, offer 2). With Spreadsheets or Inquire I can compare the two files. Unfortunately, I do not have the possibility to store the displayed differences directly in the two original files with the color marks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Slope Chart

Add a Slope chart; so you can easily have labels on left and right and connect say sales from last year to next year with a line for each store and labels with store name and amount on left and right axis. This is much more useful than, say, the Funnel chart which we already have.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Chart Legends

Allow the ability to change legend key shape on charts. Currently the only/default option is square. Would be nice to have the ability to choose and use circle, triangle, diamond, rectangle, etc. as another option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. allow re-sizing of labels in sunburst charts

Allow re-sizing of labels in sunburst charts - labels for smaller or smallest segments do not appear if there is a wide range of values, resulting in un-named / blank segment(s).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base