Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Alphabet/Numeric markers for lines in line/xy scatter graphs

The selection of markers for line/xy charts in Excel is limited and of the few markers available, some are not impactful. Many times a large number of lines need to be shown in a graph and the available markers are inadequate. It would be convenient if alphabets and numericals could be used as markers so that multiple lines can be depicted with better clarity. This is especially useful when graphs have to be in black and white, say for publications in journals, books, etc.
    In the attached example, I have done this using the picture option in the markers selection,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Gauge chart

Add an easy way to insert a gauge chart, please. Google Docs did it. Just a few clicks and voilà. I attached an example

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Data series label

I would like a data series label. I am trying to plot text on a chart at a certain x, y position. For example, cell B2 contains the label such as “Sales”. I want to plot the label in B2 at an x axis position taken from cell C2 and a y axis position from cell D2. If I can put the text next to the data then I can hide the legend and free up space on the plot. In a plotting language I would write something like plot(text, x, y).

The article https://stackoverflow.com/questions/36611447/how-to-label-scatterplot-points-by-name describes how to do this.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. New chart types for MS Excel.

Dear Microsoft Team,

I would like to suggest Microsoft the following MS-Excel improvement initiatives:

1. Adding to MS Excel a new chart type called "Network Chart" to easily and quickly plot appealing node-link diagrams, which can be synched with the Excel workbook data. It would require the user to provide the name of the nodes and the weight of the links between them. This new chart type would prevent users from relying on fee-based, complex, or unintegrated add-ins, online apps, software, or methods to produce network charts in / for Excel.

2. Adding to MS Excel a new chart type called "Word…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Interactive Stock Charts

It would be useful to have sliding date ranges with the option to zoom in/out.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Chart Type Stock combo with Line chart type

I can build stock chart with candlesticks but I can't combine it with lines chart type. It will be perfect for me if Excel allows me to combine stock charts with lines as Moving Averages (MA).
    I attach a screen-shot as an example. I did it by setting the line chart to 100% transparent and put it in front of the stock chart.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Risk Solver Platform

If we can have a Risk solver in excel add-ins to make a decision tree it would be really helpful

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add Trello like Moving Cards or Lists

You can move cards and lists within a board and you can even change the board to which they belong. You can also re-order checklists.

Moving cards
    The most straightforward way to move a card is to simply click and drag the card up and down in the same list or between lists.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Select and copy only a part of a large chart by using the mouse to draw a box around the selection.

I would like to be able to select and copy only part of large chart by using the mouse to draw a box around the desired selection of the chart. This would be a great time saver rather than resizing the chart by selecting only part of the data set. I frequently select charts to share with others only to find they are too large for effective use in
    email attachments. I'm talking about data that is tracked over lengthy time periods. The alternative is making new selections and/or making one time use charts.This could be avoided if I could…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. EU

Woud be nice to have European Union in Geography data types

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Spellcheck axis titles

It would be very useful to add spellcheck to the axis titles. I was so sure that feature was in there! The poor professor and her charts... She had copied and pasted the format of the chart about thirty times with the same two typos... It turns out she was using the latest version of Excel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Laser point availability in Excel

In depart of Supply chain it's a very common thing that we have to presentate not in PowerPoint, but in Excel. Hence, it'd very useful if we could use laser point in Excel as well (for instance presentation via Microsoft Teams). I know that changing cursor icon in the system settings could be an option, but it's very uncomfortable and it doesn't really work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Change Case Option to be Introduced.

"Lower to Upper Case " & "Upper Case to Lower Case" just like word & Power Point it's so help full for everyone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Default chart color palette looks too washed out

Default chart colors are not distinct enough and look washed out. There should be an option to select a vivid palette (a bit like what an old Excel used to use)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. $ vs time chart

time (x scale) vs. $ (y scale) chart

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add Gompertz trendline to charts

The Gompertz curve is very useful for describing population biology and virus transmission. cumulative and first derivative would be useful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Finance ratios for Money In Excel

Now that Money in Excel is up and running microsoft should add finance ratio options to the templates. Ratios that will help users see their current financial health without adding any more data than what is already downloaded could include:
    Debt to Income
    Housing Expense to Income
    Savings ratio: savings / income
    Emergency fund (months on hand): emergency fund / monthly expense

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base