Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Budgeting with Money in Excel

Can you add a budgeting function to the template Money in Excel? Tracking my transactions is great, but being able to assess if they align with a monthly budget would be ideal.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Error in the translation of the function description "PROCURAR" (MS Excel Pt-Br)

On the Brazilian Portuguese version of Microsoft Excel (desktop and online versions), the "PROCURAR" function has a translation error on its description.

The "PROCURAR" function description text uses the word "LOCALIZAR" instead of the word "PROCURAR", causing an error because "LOCALIZAR" is also another function.

The description states that "LOCALIZAR" is case sensitive. The "LOCALIZAR" function makes no distinction. The more adequate use on this case would be: "PROCURAR" is case sensitive.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The user name should be removed from Office apps title bar for security reasons

Say you work while traveling on a train. Someone wants to know who you are for whatever reasons. If your name is in the title bar of an application or the user name on the logon screen, giving away your credentials that easily... User credentials should not be disclosed in title bar of office applications and there is really NO sensible reason to show them on the title bar. Fancy true, safe nope. Remove it.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Money in Excel should show due dates, statement balance, and minimum owed for debts

Money in Excel should show due dates, statement balance, and minimum owed for debts (e.g. credit cards and loans). Somehow it could track if debts are on "autopay" or paid already for the next due date (or allow the user to specify these).

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Money in Excel Capital One

Without being able to get my Capital One data in Money in Excel I can only get a small fraction of my finances. Either work with a data aggregator that plays nice with Capital One (not Plaid) or allow me to import my data manually.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Currently Money in Excel doesn’t support Capitol One accounts. We’ve shared your feedback to the apt team for review.

Thank you for using Money in Excel!

Regards,

Vipin Nair
    The Microsoft Team

6. Money in Excel: budget template

Create a budget template to make sure you aren't spending more than a certain amount per month in a budget (e.g. shopping, dining out)

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Unhide Tabs in One go

Hi Microsoft Excel can you please introduce a feature wherein if more than one tab is hidden it allows us to select more than one tab so we can unhide al required tabs in one go.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Want to sign in to Salesforce through Salesforce Connector with Excel client

The article below describes how to change the registry key in order to use Salesforce Connector with Excel.
    But we would like you to improve the behavior for us to sign in to Salesforce through Salesforce Connector with Excel instead of changing registry. Hopefully I would like you to improve the Excel client behavior itself.
    Title: Salesforce Connector not working with Excel
    URL: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/-652418aa-7873-4257-90c3-7bce1061b410

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. "Money in Excel" - ability to split a transaction so it can be assigned to multiple categories

Allow users to split an entry into multiple transactions (e.g. a venmo transfer can be split and categorized into rent, restaurants/dining out, shopping, etc.)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Money for Excel...

My husband and I each have our own account at the same institution (2 different account #'s but 1 institution). It would be nice If I could set them both up.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Using 'Search' bar for commands should show you where the command is on ribbon

Let's take a cue from Apple here- when you search for a command with their 'Help' Search, it actually shows you where the command is in the menu. When using the 'Search' bar in an office product, it shows you the command but does not show you where the command is on the ribbon; so instead of teaching you where to locate it for yourself, it builds more dependence on using the search bar (which is slower). Let's use the search results to highlight where the commands are to teach users so they can be faster and use the product…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. money in excel- saving categories and goals

Using money in excel to see saving account(s) organized with categories. Likely best as a template like Network and RecurringExpenses.

In the attached mockup to show the idea. The account has $2,250.00. and the users add categories, goals, and dates to help organize there saving account.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. money in excel

Allow for future cashflow view. It would be great to see if I have enough money in a single bank account for the future transactions I have for the month (or further into the future). This allows me to see my future cashflow predictions which are not like having a budget. This is the one single feature that Tiller doesn't have, Money in Excel doesn't have and I have jerry-rigged in YNAB. This would include a view by bank with a balance column. I created this myself by adding a tab and using a combination of the 'unique' and 'filter'…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. excel Chinese Conversion

1、when using the Chinese conversion function, there always a window pop out showing "Your workbook is not saved. You may not always roll back to where you are after conversion", even click "Don't show this dialog again", it still popped out every time I click convert.
    2、When you choose a box in the excel, click convert, it will convert the entire excel, but I only want to convert the one I choose. Only if I choose two boxes, this function will apply to the two I choose, it is strange that I cannot only choose one box.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Money in Excel: monthly reconciliation

Money in Excel template: I'd like to be able to do a monthly reconciliation against the monthly statement from my bank. I see there are templates for reconciliation. Could one of them be integrated into the Money in Excel template?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Money for Excel...

My husband and I each have our own account at the same institution (2 different account #'s but 1 institution). It would be nice If I could set them both up.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Keep workbooks independent - because they are from a user perspective

If you really want workbooks to all live in one process the user shouldn't know about it. They shouldn't share anything - undo buffers etc. should all be independent. Easiest would just be to bring back the option to have every workbook in a separate process - it made sense to everyone and was easy to understand the behaviour.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. In the case of Excel 2019 store app version, please fix the bug that the content of CSV file is displayed as text on the browser when you cl

In the case of Excel 2019 store app version, if you click the link of the CSV file on the Internet in the browser, the contents of the CSV file will be displayed as text on the browser.
    If you reinstall the previous Excel or desktop version, the CSV file will open normally in Excel, but please fix the bug so that the store application version of Excel 2019 will also open in Excel as well.

タイトル(日本語):Excel 2019 のストアアプリ版の場合、インターネット上のCSVファイルのリンクをブラウザでクリックするとCSVファイルの内容がブラウザ上にテキストとして表示されてしまう不具合を修正して欲しい。

本文(日本語):Excel 2019 のストアアプリ版の場合、インターネット上のCSVファイルのリンクをブラウザでクリックするとCSVファイルの内容がブラウザ上にテキストとして表示されてしまいます。
    以前のExcel、もしくは、デスクトップ版を再インストールすればCSVファイルが正常にExcelで開かれますが、Excel 2019 のストアアプリ版でも同様にExcelで開くよう不具合を修正して欲しい。

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please add my bank to Money in Excel: ING bank

Please add my bank to Money in Excel: ING bank

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Money in Excel: track investment portfolios (holdings, transactions) across brokerage accounts

Tried Money in Excel today with a new subscription to MS 365. It seems to show only the total account balance but does not download holdings and investment transactions at this time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for using Money in Excel.

Since you mentioned that the template doesn’t show investment transactions, kindly confirm which financial institution are you using with Money in Excel so that we can review the issue.

Best,

Vipin Nair
    The Microsoft Team

← Previous 1 3 4 5 49 50
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base