Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Error in the translation of the function description "PROCURAR" (MS Excel Pt-Br)

On the Brazilian Portuguese version of Microsoft Excel (desktop and online versions), the "PROCURAR" function has a translation error on its description.

The "PROCURAR" function description text uses the word "LOCALIZAR" instead of the word "PROCURAR", causing an error because "LOCALIZAR" is also another function.

The description states that "LOCALIZAR" is case sensitive. The "LOCALIZAR" function makes no distinction. The more adequate use on this case would be: "PROCURAR" is case sensitive.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The user name should be removed from Office apps title bar for security reasons

Say you work while traveling on a train. Someone wants to know who you are for whatever reasons. If your name is in the title bar of an application or the user name on the logon screen, giving away your credentials that easily... User credentials should not be disclosed in title bar of office applications and there is really NO sensible reason to show them on the title bar. Fancy true, safe nope. Remove it.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Money in Excel should show due dates, statement balance, and minimum owed for debts

Money in Excel should show due dates, statement balance, and minimum owed for debts (e.g. credit cards and loans). Somehow it could track if debts are on "autopay" or paid already for the next due date (or allow the user to specify these).

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. In the case of Excel 2019 store app version, please fix the bug that the content of CSV file is displayed as text on the browser when you cl

In the case of Excel 2019 store app version, if you click the link of the CSV file on the Internet in the browser, the contents of the CSV file will be displayed as text on the browser.
    If you reinstall the previous Excel or desktop version, the CSV file will open normally in Excel, but please fix the bug so that the store application version of Excel 2019 will also open in Excel as well.

タイトル(日本語):Excel 2019 のストアアプリ版の場合、インターネット上のCSVファイルのリンクをブラウザでクリックするとCSVファイルの内容がブラウザ上にテキストとして表示されてしまう不具合を修正して欲しい。

本文(日本語):Excel 2019 のストアアプリ版の場合、インターネット上のCSVファイルのリンクをブラウザでクリックするとCSVファイルの内容がブラウザ上にテキストとして表示されてしまいます。
    以前のExcel、もしくは、デスクトップ版を再インストールすればCSVファイルが正常にExcelで開かれますが、Excel 2019 のストアアプリ版でも同様にExcelで開くよう不具合を修正して欲しい。

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. "Money in Excel" - ability to split a transaction so it can be assigned to multiple categories

Allow users to split an entry into multiple transactions (e.g. a venmo transfer can be split and categorized into rent, restaurants/dining out, shopping, etc.)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. money in excel- saving categories and goals

Using money in excel to see saving account(s) organized with categories. Likely best as a template like Network and RecurringExpenses.

In the attached mockup to show the idea. The account has $2,250.00. and the users add categories, goals, and dates to help organize there saving account.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Money in Excel: budget template

Create a budget template to make sure you aren't spending more than a certain amount per month in a budget (e.g. shopping, dining out)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Money for Excel...

My husband and I each have our own account at the same institution (2 different account #'s but 1 institution). It would be nice If I could set them both up.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. "Money in Excel" - ability to split a transaction so it can be assigned to multiple categories

Allow users to split an entry into multiple transactions (e.g. a venmo transfer can be split and categorized into rent, restaurants/dining out, shopping, etc.)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Money for Excel...

My husband and I each have our own account at the same institution (2 different account #'s but 1 institution). It would be nice If I could set them both up.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would like to see the return of the use of they keys page up and page down in the print preview screen. It was so much easier to use

I would like to see the return of the use of they keys page up and page down in the print preview screen. It was so much easier to use

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to Disable Dynamic Array Functionality

We would like the ability to disable the recently added Dynamic Array Functionality.
    According to our in-house testing, Office 365 Version 1910 (Build 12130.20272) is the first build to include the Dynamic Array functionality. This new 'feature' basically broke the way our business has managed and shared large spreadsheets made up of calculations consisting of figures from various external links.

For example… In Excel versions prior to the build listed above, when a user with access to the linked data sources opens one of these spreadsheets, the calculations will update including data from the external links. Once said spreadsheet has…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Budgeting with Money in Excel

Can you add a budgeting function to the template Money in Excel? Tracking my transactions is great, but being able to assess if they align with a monthly budget would be ideal.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Disable the Clipboard Warning when you exit Excel - This is really annoying

This clipboard warning is only rarely relevant and incredibly annoying. Please add a clipboard option to disable the clipboard warning when you close a file.

I have been using Excel every day for decades and never once needed this warning. It is very annoying when you are trying to move through files quickly.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be usefull if one can copy values at the quick results bar, bottom right. First option from the bottom up, copy value

It would be usefull if one can copy values from the quick value bar (status bar), bottom right. MIN/MAX/AVERAGE/COUNT. Whatever value you have set in the status bar; having the option in the pop up menu, first option I would suggest. Cheers

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Clean the crud (esp. advertisements & foul language) from this suggestion list

Periodically, clean the crud (esp. advertisements & pointless rants written in foul language) from this suggestion list.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Keep workbooks independent - because they are from a user perspective

If you really want workbooks to all live in one process the user shouldn't know about it. They shouldn't share anything - undo buffers etc. should all be independent. Easiest would just be to bring back the option to have every workbook in a separate process - it made sense to everyone and was easy to understand the behaviour.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add a floating totals row to dynamic arrays

When using dynamic arrays, it would be nice to have the option of a floating totals row at the bottom of the dynamic spill range.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. default margins, default page size, default header, default everything

it would be very good if you could copy and paste everything including: headers and footers, margins, page size, print areas I have set up a template and now want to make many more identical sheets but always have to adjust things

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. money in excel

Allow for future cashflow view. It would be great to see if I have enough money in a single bank account for the future transactions I have for the month (or further into the future). This allows me to see my future cashflow predictions which are not like having a budget. This is the one single feature that Tiller doesn't have, Money in Excel doesn't have and I have jerry-rigged in YNAB. This would include a view by bank with a balance column. I created this myself by adding a tab and using a combination of the 'unique' and 'filter'…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 44 45
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base