Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please make Excel again obey the "Scroll inactive windows" setting in Windows 10

An update within the last quarter of 2020 messed with excel and the "Scroll inactive windows" setting for windows 10 is now no longer followed by Excel

Please fix this once again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Baggrund i ark/gruppe/Workbook vises som transparante

Er der en funktion som gør baggrund i excelark/gruppe af ark transparante
    Er det muligt at få transparant baggrund så jeg kan se igennem et eller flere Excel ark mens jeg taster i øverste / valgte ark i en gruppe af ark ?

Eks.

Når jeg bruger Excel til planlægning for flere teams ligger disse på hver deres fane.

Jeg markerer flere faner som en gruppe, og her vil jeg gerne kunne se gennem et eller flere af arkene som jeg har valgt.
    På den måde kan jeg se/forhindre kolision og dobelt booking mellem opgaver i planlægning af div. teams.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Change column headers from A, B, C etc to be column headers

Allow for row 1 to be row one of data when headers exist.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Money in Excel

Money in excel is not allowing me to search for my bank institution.

Avid Acceptance, Affirm Finance and Homebridge Finance to be available for search to add in Money in Excel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make formulas look different

Please add an option to make cells that contain formulas appear a bit different on the screen from cells that don't. This will help when working in a workbook that somebody else created, won't have to click on each cell to see if it has a formula. And if it's an option (instead of using conditional formatting) it'll be easy to turn off before printing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. make freeze panes sticky between updates

My frozen panes keep disappearing. I spend an inordinate amount of time freezing the same panes in Excel so that I can work in my spreadsheets.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Freezing panes

It is sometimes needed to freeze more than the 1 top row as there may be headings and sub-headings. It would be good for users to select the no. of top rows to be frozen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. re-enable showing notes on mouse rollover.

In older versions of excel this worked but since comments have been introduced the notes rollover seems to have stopped working.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Create default size setting for the Find dialog box in options.

Allow a setting in options to change the default size of the Find (ctrl+f) dialog box OR have it auto adjust to show all the results of Find All..
    Personally, I'd prefer to change the size myself in options, but I'd take the auto adjust feature if it worked well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add option to move the WORK, not the viewport, when you hold down the mouse wheel.

Please allow an option to change the behavior of click-hold mouse wheel. Right now this moves the viewport at varying speeds depending on how far you move the mouse.

I want it to move the work at 1:1 speed, as do other useful programs such as AutoCAD, BlueBeam, Revit, various programming softwares, etc. It's so intuitive, so fast, and you never ever end up with the view zooming away to row 30,000 which is useless.

I understand people might be used to the way it is, but I find the opposite to be actually useful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Menu option for managing tabs

Provide a management function to allow the user the ability to view, hide, un-hide and delete tabs within a file.
    - do not require user to un-hide a tab before letting user delete or move the tab

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Lighter colour for displaying Page Number in Page Break Preview

Currently, the Page Number in dark grey colour hides (or reduces visibility of) data overlapped by it.

If the Page Number is in lighter colour (like 15% or 25% grey), this difficulty can be avoided.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Highlighting of row & column of a selected cell / current cell position

When highlights entire row & column with respect to selected to cell or current cell for easy focus on corresponding data and as well is it increase productivity when working with sizable data work sheet.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be nice if you could choose between loading a new file in a new window or loading only the content in the current window.

I am trying to edit two excel documents in one screen. The left side remains fixed, the right side is edited and pasted on the left side. However, when I load a file from the right, I want to load the file without a new window.
    It would be nice if you could choose between loading a new file in a new window or loading only the content in the current window.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. SEARCH BOX

JUST A SUGGESTION: PLEASE MAKE THE HIGHLIGHTED SECTION MORE OBVIOUS WHEN WE SEARCH FOR AN ENTRY. SOME SPREADSHEETS ARE COLOR CODED MAKING THE GREEN HIGHLIGHT EXCEL USES TO HIGHLIGHT THE SEARCH FEATURE BARELY LEGIBLE

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Faster & Easer Ways of searching and browsing through multiple tabs of worksheets beyond the ones being displayed

1. Allow scrolling with mouse wheel Up or Down over tabs to move the tabs from Left to Right or vice versa for quicker browsing and searching for the target tab when there are multiple tabs of worksheets beyond the ones being displayed.

2. Enlarge the viewing window of the See All Sheets dialogue to include the total number of worksheets for a more direct selection when there are multiple tabs of worksheets beyond the ones being displayed. And additionally and basically, for all Microsoft Office products, the default the entry or display window to allow user to always have the option…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add a feature to manage hidden sheets where allowing to delete multiple hidden sheets at a time

After hiding the multiple sheets, unhiding sheets one at a time. This processs would be cumbersome in order unhide lot of sheets. I would recommend to allow selecting sheets to unhide or allow deleting the sheets from the unhide window itself

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make an option for night time

Make an option for night time using a black background with inverted colors

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base