Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multiple levels of worksheet protection for each cell...

When I protect a worksheet, some cells I don't want the user to be able to select at all, or edit in any way. And some cells I want to lock against the user editing, but still need him/her to be able to select those cells, whether it be for highlighting, copying, etc. Additionally, some cells I want the user to select and enter data, but not be able to edit the formatting of the cell. This is currently easy to attain. However, many of my cells have hidden formulas which I don't want the user to edit but I…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Ctrl + [ shortcut to Danish excel.

This is a shortcut availible in excel in the US and it is very helpful. I would like it to be added to Danish excel.

Suppose you have a formula =Sheet2!A1+5 in A1 on Sheet1. If you press Ctrl + [ in Sheet1!A1, it will take you to Sheet2!A1.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Is there a feature that makes background in excel sheets / group of sheets transparent

Is it possible to get a transparent background so I can look through one or more Excel sheets while typing in the top / selected sheets in a group of sheets?

Ex.
    When I use Excel for planning for multiple teams, these are on their own tab.

I mark several tabs as a group, and here I would like to be able to browse through one or more of the sheets I have selected.

That way I can see / prevent collision and double booking between tasks in planning div. teams.

Thanks in advance

Greetings Roy

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. viewing

View multiple spreadsheet at the same time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. how can transfer my microsoft acount to another computer?

how do I transfer my Microsoft account to another computer?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow a protected sheet to be copied to an unprotected sheet, or Template sheet within non-template workbook

Our business uses a LOT of excel reports, the vast majority of which we have one workbook per year and one worksheet per day, week, or month, where the standard procedure is to copy the sheet named 'Template' and rename it to the new date. However, almost every week at least one of the 'Template' sheets gets overwritten with data and the formulas or settings are lost, requiring me to replace the 'Template' sheet from a backup. If I protect the 'Template' sheet, when it's copied it is still protected so I'd have to give the password, negating the point…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow to make the background of a sheet / group of sheets transparent (except the tab)

allow to make the background of a sheet / group of sheets transparent (except the tab)

This could be useful when using Excel for planning different scoolclasses ,timeschedules and activities over the semester due to conflict handling.
    Especialt if it is possible to use within groups of sheets, and the active tab is the sheet where you write, and still can see the sheets below simultainously

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Use "×" instead of "x" in the Name Box when showing the dimensions during the selection of cells

As you are selecting a range of cells, the Name Box will display the dimensions of your selection in the format "1R x 2C". Please change the "x" to "×" (times sign), since this is the proper symbol.

We no longer live in the days when we need to worry about whether or not someone's computer has the correct fonts installed to be able to display non-ASCII characters. The "×" will display on modern computers.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Shortcut to move cursor to Name Box

I currently avoid using the Name Box because I can only get there by using the mouse. If there was a shortcut to get there it would be a really quick, direct way to name ranges and navigate to ranges.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Interactive Homepage to get to worksheets

Visually group and arrange worksheets on the home page. be able to color code them or upload images or icons to represent the worksheets. Users can click on the icon to get to the worksheet (makes it easier than scrolling left & right when you have a bunch of worksheets). Also makes it more visually appealing, professional. Could be done with VBA but would be nice out of the box.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Scrolling with large cells

Scrolling with large cells is usually a nightmare, when are Microsoft going to do something about this

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Tab Copy "Move to end" Move to Beginning

Whenever a copy of a tab is created, in order to move it to the end, you need to scroll down the list of all the other tabs. The option "Move to end" should come at the beginning of the list!
    What is the point of having it at the end, since you just scrolled down to the end already..
    This is very frustrating when there are many tabs. Thanks!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Feed back for group cell

Dear Reader,

window stacked screen

than excel do not show in right because group cell like as waste of screen view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Worksheet tabs after latest update to W10, seem set in a larger font size. Changing font size seems no longer possible.

Need to be able to change font size of tabs to worksheets. Current sizing is set too large and intrusive,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Highlite Active row for easier navigation on sheet....

I work with lots of lines and its tireing to try and track which row im on,
    Please try and Highlight the active row.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. SHOW ANSWERS TO all student EXCERSISES EXCEL 2016 workbooks/ ebooks

SHOW ANSWERS TO all student EXCERSISES EXCEL 2016 workbooks/ ebooks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Narrow display of group numbers

When you group columns and rows. The numbering of the groups takes away valuable screen space especially when working on laptops. Please create a thin row/column to display group numbers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Refreeze Panes

Create a Refreeze Panes option in the Freeze Panes drop down. This would remove the current Freeze Panes and apply a New Freeze Panes on the selected cell.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Reduce space between command icons in Quick Access Toolbar

I have 40+ such icons on the Quick Access Toolbar for Excel & Word but with the October 2019 update, some of them have been relegated to an overflow toolbar because of the extra space between the icons. Please eliminate that extra space between the command icons in Quick Access Toolbar!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base