Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make VBA accept array formulas in Format Condition (Type 2)

Hello,

This is not an idea but a bug I noticed on Conditional Formatting.
    It occurs in Office 2019 and below. Not sure about 365.

Excel accepts an array formula for Type 2 (Expression) Format Condition entered via the Exel GUI. No need for special validation at input time.

Defining this exact same formula in VBA (.Formula1) does not make it an array formula ! The Conditional Formatting does not work anymore.

The attached file illustrates it in a simple way.

Would be nice to fix this.

Best Regards,
    JP

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make VBA accept array formulas in Format Condition (Type 2)

Hello,

This is not an idea but a bug I noticed on Conditional Formatting.
    It occurs in Office 2019 and below. Not sure about 365.

Excel accepts an array formula for Type 2 (Expression) Format Condition entered via the Exel GUI. No need for special validation at input time.

Defining this exact same formula in VBA (.Formula1) does not make it an array formula ! The Conditional Formatting does not work anymore.

The attached file illustrates it in a simple way.

Would be nice to fix this.

Best Regards,
    JP

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Using Color As A Formula...

Maybe I Could Not Find It.
    I want a formula attached with if function just like...
    I want the cell to be red if value is less that 0, Green if value is greater than 0 and Orange if the value is 0.
    The conditional formatting is too slow to use.
    Kindly Suggest If anyone knows...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. XLOOKUP to return the multiple match if result found

Currently we have FILTER Function which can return multiple result in a array.. but extending the Power of XLOOKUP by adding the 7th Argument to return the multiple match in array form.
    By default it should return only single value but the 7th Argument can allow us to return all the multiple match.

If you like the idea please VOTE & SHARE it to make it happen 😊

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Excel Dynamic Array calculation engine bug

I recently discovered a bug in the Excel Dynamic Array Calculation Engine. If you refer to a formula that has a potential circular reference in it, the dynamic array will create a circular reference when the dynamic array formula is referred to by yet another cell that potentially can be involved in the potential circ, regardless of whether there is an acutal circular reference in the current spreadsheet's state.

For example, if you have a formula that calculates average interest based on the beginning and ending balance of a piece of debt that depends on how much cash you have…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Be more user friendly

Tell me how to ask a question to tech support about a problem I am having when the stated default does not work in excel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Addition of more Date Related Formulas

Addition of more date related formulas like:
    Quarter, Datesbetween, Eoyear, Eoweek

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. More "....ifs" formula

addition of new formulas like:

Rankifs, Rankif, Largeifs, Largeif, Smallifs, Smallif, Productifs, Productif, Maxif, Minif

would make calculation much more easier...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. sequence formula supported in excel table as well

excel table does not support new Sequence formula. it should support as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Consistent syntax

I was told to "show formula" for a polynomial trending line, and then put that formula in the formula bar. Huh? It doesn't work. Look at the formula, as displayed on the graph in the screenshot, and compare it with the formula in the formula bar. Turns out I can't use "standard" floating point notation; "4E-05" (and why can't I put a superscript in a message), so "{=...(4E-05)*($A$1:$A106)^3..." is rejected with "#NAME?" because "E" is a bad name. (The "..." represents everything that came before or after this in the formula bar). I should be able to copy-and-paste that text…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Better error reporting

If I right-click on #NAME? it tells what name it is unhappy with, and where it is in the text of the formula. Similarly for all other errors--you know what is wrong, but tell me what is wrong. It would help a lot!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. СУММЕСЛИМН функциясида "диапазон_условия" аргументида "ИЛИ" ва "И" мантиыий функцияларини ишлатиш имкониятини яратинг

СУММЕСЛИМН функциясида "диапазон_условия" аргументида "ИЛИ" ва "И" мантиқий функцияларини ишлатиш имкониятини яратинг.
    Шунда битта жадвалда "олма" ва "банан" меваларининг қийматларини битта функцияда аниқлаш мумкин бўлади.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. the INDIRECT function does not work if the workbook file name has a hyphon (-) in it

the INDIRECT function does not work if the workbook file name has a hyphen (-) in it

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Inserting multiple rows or columns.

When I right-click in a cell to insert a row or a column, have a drop-down box beside both the row or column add button allowing me to select how many rows or columns I want to add.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bug: Iserror() and IsErr() do not return FALSE for dynamic array eg Filter()

ISERROR and IsErr() should always return just true or false. When using =IsError() in conjunction with Filter(), it returns an array of FALSE values instead of a single False value.

For example:
    =ISERROR(FILTER(Table[Term],(IFERROR(SEARCH(","&$B57&",",Table[Term]),"")<>"")*(_Tabler[Online]=TRUE)))

Version: MS Excel for Mac Version 16.40 (20081201) MS 365 Subscription

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. update stock history to return dividend adjusted prices

It appears that the stockhistory function only returns the close without adjusting for dividends. Price history of a security/fund/etf isn't nearly as useful unless the historical price is adjusted for dividends. finance.yahoo.com understands this, if you look at historical prices you see "close" as well as "adj. close". "adj close" is what you want to use if you're comparing performance or simply wanting to understand the total return over time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. "Cross-join" function for dynamic array that gives all possible combinations of multiple dynamic array?

For example, A6#: {2, 3, 5} and B6#: {A, B, C}

All the combinations of {2 A, 3 A, 5 A, 2 B, 3 B, 5 B, 2 C, 3 C, 5 C} can be returned in a 6 x 2 dynamic array.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base