Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. =filter() function

Include =filter() funciton to excel 2019

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to use cell colors in formulas

I had a 30x100 grid with 2 colors and I wanted to count how many cells there were of each color in each column. Filtering did not work as I expected it to and it would have been so cool if there was just a formula for it, though I can see how it'd be difficult to implement.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. somase

essa formula só considera 15 caractere e despreza os demais conforme exemplo anexo

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I believe that a comprehensive conversion function for "Decimal Feet" to "Feet and Inches with Fractional inches" would be very welcome.

I believe that a comprehensive conversion function for "Decimal Feet" to "Feet and Inches with Fractional inches" would be very welcome. Input would be decimal feet, output would be feet, apostrophe (standard abbreviation for "feet"), integer part of feet, and fractional remainder reduced to nearest 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, or 1/64.
    Example: 10.70833 would convert to 10' 8 1/2"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Kelly Criterion

I think it would be easy and cool if Excel had a Kelly Criterion function. You would only need two inputs from the user (potential profit as a percentage of wager and percent chance of winning). This would allow Excel to return the percentage of bankroll to risk.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add more control to cell array, specifically the make the numbers say 1 in A1 a variable that can be adjusted

So I'm on cell A4 of Sheet2. I tried to manipulate the variable say "4" in a formula containing "Sheet1!$A$4" so that it when I drag the cell down it would print after every 3rd row which is to say the next printed item would be on Sheet2,  cell A7 BUT I want to print the contents of "Sheet1!$A$5" it only prints "Sheet1!$A$7" as if the number "4" is linked between sheets 1 & 2 (I expected it to only be sheet1

Full code: =IF(MOD(ROW()-1;3)=0;TEXT(OFFSET(Today!$A$9;(ROW(Today!$A4)*1)-4;0);"dd/mm/yyyy");"")

Image 1 (capture): Expected outcome when you drag down

Image 2 (capture 2): Obtained outcome

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Text return via cube formula using a criteria

I would like to be able to pull a text field via a cube value formula. For example, in a cubevalue, you're able to pull values based on specific criteria. As long as you specify the formula so the system knows what you're pulling, it returns a value. However, I'm unaware of an equivalent for text fields. Cubemember is the closest, but i don't believe it can be dynamic based off specified criteria similar to "if" functions or filtering.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Mathematical matrix computation relying on lapack

http://www.netlib.org/lapack/

Hello

Lapack is a powerful linear algebra package in fortran around matrix computations (inversion, svd...) developed and supported by researchers/academics. The idea is to make it available within excel matrix functions which are rather poor in terms of resilience/complexity.

thx

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. New Function

We have start and finish date and we need to know how many days of mentioneded period will be matched with specific month or week.

I wrote two functions as DISTDURMONTH and DISTDURWEEK

Please add these functions to Excel platform.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. New Function

We have start and finish date and we need to know how many days of mentioneded period will be matched with specific month or week.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. New Function

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Trend function between an array with multiple data points

This would be a new function that would allow you to calculate a fitted trend value to data, trending between the closest two data points instead of the entire dataset.

For example, let's say you have data for 5 year increments between 2000 and 2020, so data for 2000, 2005, 2010, 2015, and 2020.

Currently, using a trend line will just fit a line of best fit across all data points, but this can produce values that deviate a lot and don't fit well.

Instead, a formula that linearly interpolates between the two closest values would provide a better approximation…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. get threaded comments when vlookup

It would be great if we can get the threaded comments stored in a cell when doing a vlookup!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. excel formula to pull file properties such as, Related Dates: last modified date, etc.; Related People: last modified by name, etc.

This is to provide a timestamp in the sheet so that when printed, it is understood whether the report is old or current.

The excel formula would be able pull file properties such as, Related Dates: last modified date, etc.; Related People: last modified by name, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. All fractional input with correct fractional answer.

All fractional input with correct fractional answer. And, decimal conversion to correct fractional answer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Translation is wrong

= Wenn (Zelle ("Typ"; a1) = "v"; a1 * 2; 0)

Found a typo in the formula: you need to write in "w". It was translated from English into German. In English it's "v" in German "w" -- in the English article the description further down is consistent with the formula, not the German one. Thanks!

Found in the German descr. of : CELL function = ZELLE (Funktion)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Dear developers, please just one variation for function names. Really annoying. English version would be fine.

Dear developers, please just one variation for function names. Really annoying. English version would be fine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Knowing the dimensions of a spilled array

Need formula functions to get the dimensions (row count and column count) of a spilled array.

or a sort of "Append" function for the spilled arrays, to append multiple spilled arrays after one another.

I need to place some text, and / or another spilled array, below a spilled array.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bir kolondaki unique değerlerin sayılması (Distinct Count)

SUBTOTAL fonksiyonu içine ya da ayrı bir fonksiyon olarak bir kolondaki unique değerleri saydırabilen bir fonksiyon yapılması iyi olacaktır. (pivottaki Distinct Count gibi)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base