Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. be able to widen the distance between letters. Makes it easier to see and read

be able to widen the distance between letters. It makes it easier to see and read.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Comment mettre en couleur les multiples communs de 3 nombres qui forment un tableau de plusieurs lignes dans excel? Merci

Comment mettre en couleur les multiples communs de 3 nombres qui forment un tableau de plusieurs lignes dans excel? Merci

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Vorrei ci fosse la possibilità di impostare il carteere in formato "Tutto Maiuscole" anche in Excel com eè possibile fare in Word

Vorrei fosse possibile anche in Excel impostare il carattere in formato "Tutto Maiuscole" come in word

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. In a sparse table for which there are totals at the bottom, one cannot always count on a value in the last row to make an underscore visible

In a sparse table, especially one in which conditional formatting hides "0" values, with column totals at the bottom, one cannot always count on a visible value in the last row to make an underscore visible.

Consider an "overline" control - i.e., one applied to the "top" of the totals value" - visually, it will appear as a conventional "underline" of the row above the totals row.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Widen the Year range supported by Formatting in Office 365 Home User Edition

Please implement an earlier year range for sorting dates. As identified elsewhere, the range goes well and truly into the future but only back to 1900? Please.....
    This is not a power user function, or purely a commercial requirement. Not having it supported in the home user version of Office 365 is frustrating. It is more likely this is what a home user really needs (for genealogy or research etc) and trying to 'force' people to buy the commercial version for such a small change/functionality by restricting the range is .... well I'll say no more.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Conditional formatting for cells using alt+enter

We enter multiple dates in individual cells using ALT+Enter. When a date is over one year, we would like that expired date to change color. For example, today's date is 09/06/2019. One cell has 07/01/2018, 08/15/2018, 02/02/2019, 07/15/2019. Two of these dates are greater than 1 year and should change to red/bold while the remaining two dates remain black. Once the spreadsheet is opened on 2/3/2019, then the 2/2/2019 date would change to bold red.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It will be helpful if you provide cloud option for a cell or multiple cells

It will be helpful if you provide cloud option for a cell or multiple cells. Just in a single click, a cloud appear around the selected cells.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. New conditional formatting function -- any time a value changes, it changes the shading back and forth between two colors.

New conditional formatting function -- any time a value changes, it changes the shading back and forth between two colors. This would be super helpful to see where a group of values changes to a new one. This is different than conditional formatting on "duplicate values" because if there are two sets of values that are adjacent it shades them all currently. This would be super useful! Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. how to open password protected zip file with eSoftTools ZIP Password Recovery

Trying to recover the zip file password, then download and install the eSoftTools ZIP password recovery software for recovers files password by using three recovery techniques- mask attack, brute force attack and dictionary attack. this tool can able to restore all types of the password without any problem in a few minutes.

A FREE TRIAL VERSION available on its official website of eSoftTools

Read More:- https://www.esofttools.com/zip-password-recovery.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make the really bright yellow Fill Color less bright

Can Microsoft please make the really bright-bright-yellow colour which is a default in the Fill Color palette, less bright. It is certainly useful for highlighting cells, but when more than a few cells are highlighted it has a painful effect on the eyes and is quite distracting. It does not have to be that bright to bring readers' attention to certain cells; half as bright is bright enough to highlight cells to readers. If a user really wants to they can set the brightest yellow as a custom colour, but most would go with a less bright default yellow. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Flowcharts (Insert Image): Change color scheme for all objects / or easy way to select all objects in a range

I create flowcharts and modify them between clients. Besides the structure, I change the color scheme to match the client colors. I'd like an easy way to do that. Either a "select all shapes in range" function so that I can draw a box around the objects that I want changed so that I can then change their properties all at once. Or, an ability to take all of the shapes on a page and make my changes automatically.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Patterned formatting

I would like to dynamically copy formatting attributes from a referenced cell so that changing a format attribute in the referenced cell would make the same change in all cells and graphs that reference the pattern cell.

For example, I may use a particular color (e.g. green) to refer to a particular subset of data (e.g. cash on hand). I would like make a color change to a pattern cell and have all the associated items in all tables and graphs change to match and pattern cell colors.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Formatowanie wierszy.

Bardzo potrzebuje formatowania warunkowego całego wiersza na podstawie wartości jednej lub kilku komórek z tego wiersza.
    Czyli wyróżnij wiersz, jezeli komórka w tym wierszu jest wyróżniona.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Format cell

Enable us to again use a double line at the bottom of a table to indicate a total !!!! This feature seems to have disappeared....

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Conditional formatting-when will ever the improvement be done?

I have no idea when will you ever perform the fix in conditional formatting that’s been suggested ages ago! Since 2013! You said in this forum about the need to prioritize, so that you’re accumulating votes!
    But then I’ve voted on a similar idea before, and it was read by Excel staff, and I think this was done in 2016 and still it has not been implemented! When will it be done?!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Paste pivot and unpivot in paste options

it would be great if we see Excel has this feature
    Paste pivot and unpivot in paste options

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix More Borders Tool in Ribbon

Issues with 'More Borders' tool. First use of the tool in any session generates a printing error message, all OK after that. is this just my PC Excel (Office 365) with Win10 64 bit Pro - Desktop PC

Annoying rather than an issue but should be easily fixed?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add a "literal" format

Many times excel interprets a value in a way I don't want it too. But using "Text" does not prevent it from being converted to, say, scientific notation. What we need is a format that will keep the value exactly as it is internally, with no interpretation whatsoever.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base