Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Office 2019 Bug (December 2020) Unable to copy hyperlink into Office 2019

Some of our clients uses protected worksheets in Excel. When they try to copy a hyperlink from word to a protected excel worksheet, the link is lost when placed. There is only plain text. This is with the cell unlocked and the "Insert Hyperlinks" option selected when locking the sheet. We have tested on both a workgroup Windows 10 machine as well as Windows Server 2019 RDSH both with Office 2019, with the same behaviour experienced on both. When the worksheet is unprotected, we do not have the issue. We have also noticed if you copy and paste within the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The Go to and find and replace does not work for numbers. Ctrl E does not centre on keyboard shortcuts.

The Go to and find and replace does not work for numbers. Ctrl E does not centre on keyboard shortcuts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Special paste option in Office 2016

In Office 2016 when special pasting is done it gives a window. (screenshot 288). But other versions give a table. (screenshot 289). So I would like if you can enable that option (table option) in Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 also. Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Formatting for single word in a cell

When conducting Ctrl H search/replace, allow formatting changes to be applied to a single word rather than the entire contents of the cells.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. create a new data type for Global Trade Item number

Create a new cell format for Global Trade Item Numbers(GTIN). It is a 14 Digit String that can have leading zeros. Event though it is a string, it must be numeric, but it is not an integer since it has leading zeros. This will make it easier for trading partners to manipulate, upload and download data in this format. Today, excel loses or transforms the format, which causes data errors as the leading zeros should not be dropped.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. to have a button for "Center across selection"

To have a button for "Center across selection" command

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Accessibility: basic formatting like in HTML or Word

To improve accessibility, basic formatting like in HTML or Word for headlines, table rows, table columns etc. would be very helpful. Screenreader have quite some problems to get information on tables or charts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Enable Live Preview for all Mac Office Apps

Please enable Live Preview for formatting on all Mac Office Apps

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Conditional Formatting rules Manager window resizing

i think it would be a great option to enable the Windows resize in Conditional Formating.

Please unlock resizing in next version of Destop exel.
    I need always to scroll down to see my rules beacuse in locked window size is only five formulas can be shown.

Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. "Conditional Formatting --> Clear Rules" should clear all rules except one of each type.

The Conditional Formatting gets very fragmented as one works on a worksheet. The only ways at present are (1) "Clear the Rules", that clears the lot or (2) Painstakingly clear one fragmented condition at a time.

It would be best if the "Clear Rules" option is designed to delete all but one of each type (i.e., ignoring the "Applies to" cell range/s).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Geography: Data from different countries

When using the Geography-Type, Excel could recognize if e.g. 98% of results are from one country and only 2% are from a wide range of countries and ask "The majority of the places are from [country]. Do you want to automatically prefer results from this country? (Can be overruled individually)".

That way it would minimize false locations (e.g. if a city name is in several countries, and Excel chooses to use the wrong one).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add the use of Bullet Points for Text in Excel

Please add the option to add bullet points to the text functions in Excel. Need a button for this. I am currently copying the symbols from the Character app and adding them to my text to use this. Very cumbersome.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Enable the user to set active cell outline or shading. Current default is difficult to see.

Enable the user to set active cell outline or shading. Current default is difficult to see.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Export button for Conditional Formatting rules

I would like to have in the conditional formatting window an export button for all rules in order to describe the used rules.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow Setting A Default Font Format For All New Sheets

I've searched through Excel options for the ability to set a default font for all new Excel files/workbooks. There is an option to set a default font size. My suggested improvement is to allow the setting of a default entry format with all options in the "Format Cells" command. I spend a lot of time making style changes when I open a new workbook. Yes I know there is the ability to set "Cell Styles". It seems to me that setting up the most used format simplifies things. You don't have to select a group of cells and then format…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add an option to set a default font for comments

It would be useful to be able to set a default font for all comments, Whether that option might be linked to setting the default font for all workbooks is perhaps another matter perhaps for consideration.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Maximum cell height

i know you will have had this before... why the f*ck would you make the maximum cell height 409??? simple as that.. why? what possible reason could there be. fools

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I need excel to understand measurements like kg, ml, meter, miles and their relationships.

I need grams, milligrams, micrograms & liter, ml, & all sorts of length's and measurement conversions.

I need excel to understand the that 1gm =1000mg and 1ounce = 28.34 gm. I need same for volumes, lengths and any other measurement that exists.

please make this reality.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 51 52
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base