Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pick color in Excel Like at Powerpoint

In Powerpoint there is a color picker tool to bring custom colors to the pallete.

Many times we need to do it using PowerPoint to get the RGB combination to be used in Excel.

Could you replicate this color picker into Excel in the same way it exists in PowerPoint?

Portuguese:

Conta-gotas PowerPoint

No Powerpoint existe uma ferramenta para pegar as cores e retornar para a paleta, o conta-gotas.

Vocês podem fazer o mesmo no Excel?

Porque muitas vezes nós precisamos fazer isso usando o PowerPoint para pegar o RGB e colocar no Excel.

573 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

62 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Let add setting to switch gridlines on/off

Now we can do that for current worksheet only. These days it's quite desirable to have an option to keep greedlines off on permanent basis for each new workbook. That could be done using template or by changing/adding registry key https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-ways-of-removing-gridlines-in-Excel-2007.
    That will be much more suitable if we have such option in Advanced section of Options.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Page Setup - Header/Footer - combined feature requests

This idea combines a host of ideas which all call for similar functionality. The individual postings score minimal votes but together they add to 75 votes. I raise this to combine the feature requests, so that it gets prominence as I would dearly like to see this addressed.

Features for the Header / Footer:
    1. include variables based on a cell reference
    2. more than one Picture and Shapes
    3. Print and save dates
    4. Number of pages of the sheet and of the workbook
    5. Add file properties (quick parts in Word)
    6. Option for the header/footer on the…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. sheet tabs

currently the amount of characters allowed per tab is 31 maximium. THIS IS NOT ENOUGH. please make an option to extend the amount to at least 100. If you do this you are good. If you don't you are bad. It is that simple.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make the Conditional Formatting Rules Manager window adjustable

Can the window on the Conditional Formatting Rules Manager be able to be adjusted so I can see more of my rules?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. When using Copy/Transpose, the cell formats are not transposed correctly

Less of an idea, more of a fix. Let's say I have 5 cells with data in them vertically. Formatted will all borders then a thick outside border. When I copy this and paste as transpose, the borders transposed are like you copied one cell and pasted it to the new location and the same will all the other cells. So you end up with the formatting of each cell identical to the formatting of the original cells, which is wrong.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow conditional formatting for spilled array formulas

I use an array formula (e.g. RANDARRAY) to insert some numbers. The size of this array may vary, as the array formula is based on cells with values, which may vary.
    In the spilled array I want to highlight some values using conditional formatting. It would be useful, if the conditional formatting could be based on the size of the array, so that the area the conditional formatting applies to shrinks and grows with the size of the array.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Formatting duplicate values through a slash / Форматирование повторяющихся значений через слэш

Eng.
    Everything is visible in the screenshot.
    The text format of the cells is used so that there are no conversions of numbers to date, while formatting duplicate values is worth filling in red. According to the “opinion” of MS Excel, the numbers 1/1 and 1/20 are the same, 1/2 and 2/20 are the same, etc., the relationship is direct.
    This error exists only with the numbers of the series 1 / X and X / 20, [1 <X <12], X is an integer.
    If my record is not clear to someone, then this is how pairs of "repeating" values…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Slicer Font

Enable the ability to change the font size of text in a Slicer

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Conditional Formatting Labels

When you add a Conditional Format via formula, the dialog box currently contains the sections "Rule", "Format", "Applies To", and "Stop If True". Another section should be added called "Label," a text input box

If I have 20 conditional format formulas applied to one cell, I would have to backtrack each formula to remember what each does.

By including a "Label" section, user can input "this formula italicizes text in cell if...(insert met condition)"

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Merged Cells with wrapped text, can't be autosized

When i merge cells and enter a lot of text then set the merged cell to Wrap Text, I can't autosize the row by double clicking on separator between the rows. I have to manually size the rows.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow position based formatting

I have a spreadsheet I'm constantly adding values to, so A60 is the last spot with a value in a column right now, but it will change down the sheet. I want to have A60 displayed as a currency currently since it is the end of that column, but then when I add a value into A61 such that it ends that column I want A60 to display as number and A61 to now display as currency. I would also like to be able to use an =(A,End) type command to copy the value at the end of the A…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Dynamic Array

Provide a visual cue that a cell is the primary cell of a dynamic array. That is, not being required to place cursor in cell to identify.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fix the date formatting on cell values

Referencing the attached file, Excel does not seem to be properly calculating a logical sequence with dates using the Western calendar system. For example, when using Autofill the sequence is by year when the date is clearly set to day. Typing in a date in earlier versions resulted in an easy to work with date format; this appears to have been corrupted in the current version. As an added bonus, you can also look at the Autofill date column that provided dates beyond the 31st of the month! (May 32, 33, 34, etc)

Thank you for your consideration of this…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. WORD to EXCEL Navigation

Excel should include word attributes that include italics and some customizations to induce the written materials on Excel.
    Another thing is how can we also fill something like this; see below:

NOVEMBER 1, 2019
    NOVEMBER 2, 2019..............how do i auto fill this? is it feasible on Excel?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Expand find and replace function to colors.

to easily find a certain color and replace it with another color

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 50 gb

i want farmate old data in xcel sheet and write a new data

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make Scientific values a background feature or at least, add the option to disable it. Please.

Large Numbers are used in for documentation and inventory when using excel. The scientific notation feature causes confusion and frustration. Can you put an option to disable the scientific notation feature in the Options menu, for those who use excel for inventory and documentation.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 42 43
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base