Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. STILL HAVE TO HIT ESCAPE WHEN COPYING IN EXCEL. FUCK_YOU_MICROSOFT. UNFUCK_YOUR_CRAPWARE

STILL HAVE TO HIT ESCAPE WHEN COPYING IN EXCEL. FUCKYOUMICROSOFT. UNFUCKYOURCRAPWARE

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Leave the f'ing leading zeros!!

If my data has leading zeros, then I want leading zeros!.... How is that so hard to understand!?!... Make truncating leading zeros an optional setting, not the default.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. HEY FUCKFACES AT MICROSOFT- I DON'T NEED 18 ******* DECIMAL POINTS EITHER.

HEY FUCKFACES AT MICROSOFT- I DON'T NEED 18 ******* DECIMAL POINTS EITHER.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. You ***** at microsoft know what would be a great ******* idea? How about if everytime you copied something you would have to press escape?

You at microsoft know what would be a great ** idea? How about if everytime you copied something you would have to press escape?

Which one of you * pieces of thought this was a good idea? Go ** yourselves. FUCKINGGODDAMNYOUYOUFUCKs.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. LEAVE_THE_FUCKING_NUMLOCK_ON. FUCK_YOU_MICROSOFT.

LEAVETHEFUCKINGNUMLOCKON. FUCKYOUMICROSOFT.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. HEY FUCKFACES AT MICROSOFT-******* YOU FOR ADDING 16,000 NEW COLUMNS TO MY_FUCKING_WORK SHEET. FUCK_YOU_YOU_FUCKING_PIECES_OF_SHIT.

HEY FUCKFACES AT MICROSOFT-******* YOU FOR ADDING 16,000 NEW COLUMNS TO MYFUCKINGWORK SHEET. FUCKYOUYOUFUCKINGPIECESOFSHIT.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. STILL HAVE TO HIT ESCAPE WHEN COPYING AND PASTING IN EXCEL. FUCK_YOU_MICROSOFT. FIX iT.

STILL HAVE TO HIT ESCAPE WHEN COPYING AND PASTING IN EXCEL. FUCKYOUMICROSOFT. FIX iT.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. HEY_FUCK_FACES_AT_MICROSOFT- WHY CAN ONE NOT PASTE A SINGLE COLUMNS CELLS FORMATS ACROSS MULTIPLE COLUMNS TODAY?

HEYFUCKFACESATMICROSOFT- WHY CAN ONE NOT PASTE A SINGLE COLUMNS CELLS FORMATS ACROSS MULTIPLE COLUMNS TODAY?

DID YOUWORTHESSFUCKSWAKE UP TODAY AND DECIDE USERS DON'T NEED TO DO THIS ANY MORE? WHY DO YO U KEEP ADDINGSHITUSELESSFEATURES AND REMOVING PREVIOUSLY USEFUL ONES?

WHY IS COPY AND PASTESOFUCKED UP IT BARELY FUNCTIONS ANYMORE?

FUCKINGGODDAMNYOU YOUFUCKINGPIECESOFSHIT. ********!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. La validación de datos tiene deficiencias

Deben corregir la validación de datos, ya que solo valida cuando se escribe sobre la celda, pero no hace la validación cuando pegan un valor desde el portapapeles, así que los capturistas pueden evadir la validación presionando copiar y después pegar, así pueden introducir cualquier valor invalido y la validación lo permite sin problemas.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. HEY DICKSUCKERS AT MICROSOFT(IE MOST OF THE COMPANY)- STOP SHIFTING THE EXCEL VIEW WHEN WORKING IN EXCEL APPLICTIONS. FUCK_YOU.

HEY DICKSUCKERS AT MICROSOFT(IE MOST OF THE COMPANY)- STOP SHIFTING THE EXCEL VIEW WHEN WORKING IN EXCEL APPLICTIONS. FUCK_YOU.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. HEY FUCKFACES AT MICROSOFT- FUCK_YOUR_GODDMAN FEATURE THE TAKES THE CURSOR TO THE TOP OR BOTTOM COLUM/ROW WHEN ACCIDENTLY CLICKING ON THE CE

HEY FUCKFACES AT MICROSOFT- YOUR GODDMAN FEATURE THE TAKES THE CURSOR TO THE TOP OR BOTTOM COLUM/ROW WHEN ACCIDENTLY CLICKING ON THE CELL BORDER. DO YOU KNOW HOW * ANNOYING IT IS TO HAVE THE ACTIVE CELL 10,000 CELLS AWAY FROM WHERER YOU INTENDED TO BEGIN TYPING THE NEXT INPUT? ** YOUYOUDICKLESSWEASELPIECESOFSHIT.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Watermark in Excel workbook

Idea of insertion/ removal of Watermark in the excel sheet like in word is likely for some creative work

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. STOP JIGGLING THE ******* SCREEN UP AND DOWN WHEN SCROLLING THROUGH YOUR FUCKING_SHIT_ASS _PRODUCT. FUCK_YOU_MICROSOFT.

STOP JIGGLING THE ******* SCREEN UP AND DOWN WHEN SCROLLING THROUGH YOUR FUCKINGSHITASS PRODUCT. FUCKYOU_MICROSOFT.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bring back F3 = Find Next

Even in Windows F3 means "Search". Why in Excel and Word this useful key does not work anymore?

It looks like now it is Shift+F4. My fingers will get arthritis from pressing this combination all day.

Also I suppose to be able to change the hotkey but now the Keyboard Shortcut option in the "Customize Ribbon" has disappeared.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Double Click or F2 Cells in a Protected Workbook - see the cells used in a formula

Please allow users to double click a formula in a protected workbook to see which cells are pulled into the formula. I still want to know how the formula is working even though I can't change it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Instead of adding new useless features, unfuck cut and paste function. ******* you microsoft.

Instead of adding new useless features, unfuck cut and paste function. ******* you microsoft.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Default Note Size and Shortcut Keys for Resizing Note and Note Panel

The note shows up too small. I would like a much larger default note size. I see no way to set a default size.

Along the same lines, I would like to be able to resize the note with the keyboard. Resizing with the mouse is tricky and time consuming.

Somewhat related, I would like the option of not having the user's name at the start of the note. I do no share the workbook and putting my name at the start of each note takes up space or requires delection.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Protect Workbook-scoped names against edits when the workbook is protected

The Protect Workbook button in the Review tab is great for preventing the addition/deletion/renaming of sheets and the modification of Power Query queries. This protection should also apply to names (in the Name Manager) with the "Workbook" scope, similar to how names with a sheet scope cannot be edited when that sheet is protected.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Filling series for a cell containing "m³" leads to strange results

If you have a cell that contains "m³" (without quotes) and you use the fill handle to fill cells below or to the right, you will get "m132", "m133", etc. Similarly, if you fill cells above or to the left, you will get "m130", "m129", etc. "m³" acts as if its value is "m131", which is clearly incorrect behaviour.

There are probably many other examples where filling series acts weird. Please fix this. There are 2 acceptable solutions. One is to simply copy "m³" to the destination cells. The other is to treat the "³" like "3" and assume the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add 64-bit Unix time as a data type

Excel currently represents dates, times, and datetimes as double-precision floating-point numbers that store the number of days since a particular date. This has many problems:

• The user will encounter precision issues when they deal with times and datetimes. This issue only gets worse for datetimes over time as a greater number of the limited significant digits are required for storing the date, leaving fewer digits for the time. The precision issues require users to set up their equality tests with a tolerance in mind and generate their timestamps in a numerically stable way. This is too much detail for…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base