Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have an option for different default printer

Add a separate default printer option, strictly for Excel. I have users that printer primarily to label printers, for example. They are often in a rush, and forget to change the printer when they are printing from Excel. This leads to many wasted labels/time/etc. If Excel had its own default printer, that would make life so much easier!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. How to unpin a document ??

Printer won't print a document in Excel with wide sheet document

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Page numbering based on assigned print area

The footer should use only the pages defined by the defined print area for calculating the total pages.

If a spreadsheet that contains data that will fit onto one page wide by several pages tall, yet also has data in columns to the right of the single page, those pages get included in the total page count. This problem is seen in the footer when a page number formatted as Page X of Y, the Y value will use all the pages that contain data on them as opposed to just the number of pages contained in the defined print…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Insider v1912

Page Layout / Margins drop down is corrupted under current Insider version. After restoring to prior regular version, it display correctly. After going back to Insider, it fails to display properly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Is there a way to print userforms using the print preview screen?

Pinting flexibility with userforms using vba?

I am using userforms to enter data into an excel workbook. I am ALSO using the same userforms to recal and display the data in the said workbooks. HOWEVER I CANNOT figure out how to PRINT the displayed data while it is displayed in the userform!! Any solution out there?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Better label creation.

Allow user to create labels using data from multiple cells in a table row. Now that Excel can be used like a database, it is almost the perfect app (mixture of database and spreadsheet) . If you add better navigation forms, then we're talking, as it is too inefficient to require two applications (Excel & Access or Excel and Word) to work together to meet basic needs. But for now we need the ability to create labels using data from multiple cells (fields) in each record entry (row) just like in MS Access. Or, you can add the ability to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When I Freeze Panes can it also set Print Titles and vice-versa if I'm given the choice

When I set Print Titles, can there be an option check box to set Freeze Pane at the same time based on the Print Titles Rows/Columns being locked for Printing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base