Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow users to print gridlines in color filled cells

Allow users to print gridlines in color filled cells

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Printing Multiple files from Excel

Office 2016 Home and Business Version 9226.2114 does not allow you to select multiple files and right click and print them anymore, this works in version 8528.2147 but has now stopped working, this only affects Excel as Word still works as expected

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Print at actual size

Why doesn't Excel print to actual size? Visio will print a 10cm box the correct size but Excel prints it at 9.7 x 10.8 cm. In the past I have copied and pasted from Excel to Visio so I can print the shapes correctly.

Due to the changes in licencing I cant buy current Visio for my personal use and the old version doesn't work on Win 10.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. HAVE NUMBER OF PAGES ALSO SHOW AT TOP OF PRINT PREVIEW SCREEN

Trying to verify that print will be as intended, when open Print Preview, one has to scroll down to see how many pages are avail to print, but then have to scroll back up to see what the top looks like, then go back down. It would also be helpful if the default print preview screen scaled to fit most screens -- that would then mean that my first suggestion not needed after all - maybe there's already a fix and I am just ignorant of it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. PRINTING - Have excel check how many pages are being printed and not print numerous mostly blank pages or pages where font is unusably small

Have excel check how many pages are being printed and not print numerous mostly blank pages or pages where font is unusably small, by default if these are detected open a print dialog which tells you how many pages will be printed and ability to select pages 1,3,5,6 etc, fit to one page, fit to minimum font size, adjust margins etc.
    Too often I end up printing an excel document multiple times and wasting lots of paper and ink because the print options in excel are kind of stupid.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add Page Break Preview and Print Preview functionality to MSExcel in Office 365 for Mac!

MSExcel for Office 365 for Mac does not provide the absolutely necessary functionality of Page Break Preview or using Print Preview before printing. This needs to be fixed immediately to support MSExcel Users. This capability exists in MSExcel for Window, so why not Mac's?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Excel Images and Pictures

Clicking on the image or picture in Excel and right click the mouse to print and print preview.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. print to printer and PDF at the same time

As a small business our invoices are printed with a printer and then converted to a PDF so we can email them the customer.

Having one button to click on to preform both features would save some extra clicks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to make Frozen Row(s) Print as headers (on every page)

If I have a tall spreadsheet that will print on multiple pages, it would be nice to be able to easily turn my top row or two in to a header that appears on each page when I print the spreadsheet. I think expanding the existing row freeze tool would accomplish this most intuitively.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. monochrome or colour option to choose in print setting directly

Better if we could have monochrome or colour option to choose in print option directly without goig to printers settings choose box option

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. multiple print areas

Allow multiple print areas to be created at any one time. Allow to choose which one when printing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix Image/Logo Distortion When Printing

Please fix that images get expanded about 10% horizontally when printing. It saddens me that I have to choose between having my company logo look good on the screen OR in print, but not in both.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Why is not possible to print a "named section" of a sheet?

Solving some printing problems of parts of a sheet, I wonder if it would be possible, after to have named a group of cells inside a sheet, then print them just recalling them from a remote cell (write in a different or in the same sheet) in wich the name of the group is written.
    This will be a very good and easy way for printing differents part of a sheet and could be very creative without passing through MACRO Function that are not so easy to manage.
    So we could print different parts of a document making different printed…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. print selection should recognize if users selected cells and automatically choose "print selection" instead of the default

when I select cell and then open the print dialog the print select stays default. Instead it should automatically change to "print selection" as I have chosen cells

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Clarify which Print Preview (Ctrl+P) settings are global vs. per-worksheet

The print preview and settings window that appears with Ctrl+P needs to clearly distinguish which settings are global (set once per print job) and which settings are worksheet specific (set per worksheet in preview, or in the Page Layout tab's Page Setup dialog box). Otherwise you assume that changing any setting in the print preview and settings window will apply to the print area selected (especially Print Entire Workbook).

For example, the Printer drop down and print area drop down (e.g. Print Entire Workbook) are global settings. Group these under a heading that makes that clear. Meanwhile Scaling (e.g. Fit…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Option for saving a preset or template for multiple custom margins.

As of now, we do not have an option for saving a preset or template for multiple custom margins. Please add such a feature. It is so helpful and much required for me.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Print to JPG function

the ability to choose a JPG printer. I have to save as a PDF then export the PDF to jpg. Would like to skip several steps.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Create a cell property that is printed vs non-printed

cell contents should have parameter that is printing or not printing so that we dont have to hide entire rows or columns. in various CAD programs you can have entities that are non-printing but used for "construction" purposes. Same concept.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)