Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How do I prevent Excel from redisplaying multiple minimized open documents when opening a new document?

Excel 365, minimized workbook pops up when opening another workbook from explorer.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring back 'SAVE AS" so I can DO MY WORK !!!!!!!

Bring back "SAVE AS" so I can DO MY WORK !!!!!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 512 bit Microsoft Excel.

My projects continually run out of memory for Microsoft Excel. What is the feasibility of 512 bit applications?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. use to excel

all types use excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Get rid of "copy of" when doing save as

Please get rid of the "copy of" prefix that automatically comes up whenever I do a file save as! It is never, ever helpful and always has to be deleted.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Excel autosave function

Please enable autosave function for local PC , now autosave function only work for onedrive not for local PC. When user enable autosave no option can choose for local PC

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Let autosave save my file locally and not OneDrive

Please stop nudging and forcing me to use OneDrive in all ways.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I CANNOT FIND PASSWORD PROTECT FOR EXCEL FILES ANYMORE;

PUT IT BACK WHERE IT WAS;
    ALSO SHOW undo BUTTON AGAIN UNDER SAVE FILE i DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS cONTROL z

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Stop turning off ONE DRIVE. Leave it on at alll times.

LEAVE ONE DRIVE ON! NEVER TURN IT OFF. I have to turn it on and that is a really bad idea. One Drive is a bad dog when it is OFF - USELESS AND NOT DEPENDABLE. LEAVE IT ON. WORTHLESS WHEN OFF. LEAVE IT ON! PERIOD! I PAID FOR IT; SO, LEAVE IT ON. i LOSE DATA WHEN YOU EXPECT ME TO TURN IT ON EVERY **** TIME I DO A SAVE ON MY OWN. I HATE ONE DRIVE UNLESS I NEED IT. NEVER TURN IT OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Let user select delimiter when saving as CSV

When saving a worksheet as CSV, Excel doesn´t allow me to choose which character to use as delimiter. It uses the character set as list separator in the Windows´ Region settings. The only way to change the delimiter Excel uses for CSV is changing that Windows setting, but it causes a lot of side effects in other applications (even in Excel).
    It would be very usefull allowing the user to choose the CSV delimiter when saving a sheet as CSV (at least let the user choose from a set of characters, in order to avoid conflict with decimal separator).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Open protected workbook file with Windows Face recognition

I think if we can make more options to open a protected workbook file, like Windows face recognition or Microsoft authenticator, it will make opening a protected workbook faster. Also, these options will make working with protected files safer and secure.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mac OLM para o formato de arquivo PST

Agora converta facilmente todos os arquivos Mac OLM para o formato de arquivo PST do Outlook com a ajuda do melhor utilitário conversor de Mac OLM. A ferramenta é simples, fácil de usar e converte todos os arquivos OLM sem qualquer alteração ou perda de dados. A ferramenta pode importar todos os itens de arquivo OLM, incluindo e-mail, contatos, notas, calendário, tarefa, diários, etc. Portanto, se você está procurando uma solução rápida, confiável e eficaz para migrar arquivos OLM, deve usar esta ferramenta.https://www.kdetools.com/mac/olm/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Why is it so difficult to export to XML with Excel?

In Access I can just select Export to XML and done. It's would be great to have that option in Excel too, rather than having to assign fields one by one. Surely it's great to have such powerful options, but when I just want a simple XML file it's not worth the effort. I always end up exporting to Access and doing the job from there.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. best Mac OLM converter

Now easily convert all the Mac OLM files into Outlook PST file format with the help of the best Mac OLM converter utility. Everyone knows about OLM file data such as notes, text, photos, calendar events, convert into Outlook PST, EML, MSG, and MBOX format. this software provides a free demo version tool with the help of this tool user can migrate only 30 files as a trial.https://www.kdetools.com/mac/olm/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. AFilter

Add A option into filter menu where show count of the total Data & another show How many we selected for the Filter.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. OLM su Gmail utilizzando software

Puoi importare facilmente file OLM su Gmail utilizzando software di terze parti come KDETools OLM Converter. Lo strumento conserva gli elementi OLM come e-mail, contatti, calendario, cartelle, sottocartelle, note, diari e così via. Questa applicazione è completamente sicura e protetta. Con questo software, puoi convertire più file OLM. Questo convertitore supporta più formati di file come PST, EML, EMLX, PDF, HTML, MBOX, NSF e così via.https://www.kdetools.com/olm/gmail/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 512 bit Microsoft Excel.

My projects continually run out of memory for Microsoft Excel. What is the feasibility of 512 bit applications?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Keep the dimensions (width and height) of the spreadsheet as it was saved.

Keep the dimensions (width and height) of the spreadsheet as it was saved and not only be able to resize it to 50%, even though you can adjust it later (Win + arrow). In previous versions it was like this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base