Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add power pivot option for Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016

Please add power pivot for Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016. It would be much helpful

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Task reminder

Can we put a reminder for the task like due date reminder in excel? so, when we start any excel, we can see the reminder and also we can put extra features like reminder can assign to the group or users.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. MPOC - Can I get an add in for 365 pro?

I really need to move points on charts.
    Can this function be added to excel 365 pro?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Modernise VBA Class Syntax

Writing Classes in VBA makes me ….. nervous. Any improvement would please me already ;-(

Why is VBA developing so viscously? Millions of VBA programmers but no further development of the language, is somehow strange I would say.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Content Pane Remove Size Limit, Add Positioning, Resizing

There is a limitation to the width and height of a Content Pane at 1000 x 1000px. This limit is imposed when resizing via mouse in Excel Desktop and the JavaScript API. This (via mouse) is not true in Excel Online (or in PowerPoint) where the size can be set and saved to any size via mouse.

It would make the Content Pane consistent and open up a huge number of innovation opportunities to remove the current 1000 x 1000px limitation in the JavaScript API and Desktop Content Panes in Excel.

The ability to position and resize the Content Pane…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Correct illogical limit of 255 characters for entering Matrix formulas using VBA

When you use Excel, you have a limit of 8192 for the lenght of a formula.

When you assign a matrix formula using VBA, it is restricted to 255.
    Even using macro recorder, it'll save the correct instruction, but then it'll be useless as VBA won't execute that instruction.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Expand/Collapse of code block in VB Editor

For easier reading and more effective coding, I strongly hope you add a feature of Expand/Collapse of code block in VB Editor.
    読みやすさ、コーディングの効率化のため、VB エディターにコードブロックを展開・縮小する機能を追加してください。

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Scroll Wheel support in the MSForms ListBox control

Please, add mouse wheel support in the ListBox control on Office UserForms.

There is a hack using the low level Win32 API, hooking the Window Procedure with SetWindowLong(GWL_WNDPROC) and CallWindowProc, but it is too easy to crash Excel with that hack.

http://www.xtremevbtalk.com/excel/178071-scroll-mouse-scroll-button-listbox.html#post812821

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. TypeScript as an excel scripting language

I think typescript should be considered alongside python, since as many (if not more) people already know it and/or Javascript, so the learning curve would be much smaller and easier than having to pick VB or Python to learn...

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add a shortcut for incrementing variables (VBA)

The option to use variable++ as an equivalent to variable = variable + 1 would be very handy, I think.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. VBA Programming language lacks syntax for sorting and compressing 2 dimensional array variables

Sort arrays both single and two dimensional as well as being able to groups and sum array elements. As arrays run 20x faster than normal VBA code this would make programming fast running macro's much easier.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Spreadsheet Compare - use original number format when exporting results

The Spreadsheet Compare tool included in Excel 2013 and the Inquire add-in has the ability to export the results of a comparison to a new spreadsheet in a handy tabular format.

However the "Old Value" and "New Value" columns are formatted as text. If the number format in the spreadsheets being compared was "number, one decimal place", the Spreadsheet Compare output looks like this:
    22.0 (21.990702621768023)

This makes it difficult to compare Old Value and New Value using formulae because one first has to strip out the value between parentheses and convert to number.

My suggestion is to output the…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Safe Macro Detection

Certain types of macros could be guaranteed to be safe to the user of a workbook. Such an example would be a UDF that does pure numerical manipulation.
    I propose that there is some mechanism to detect whether VBA could have unwanted side effects and block those, but workbooks containing only VBA that does pure numerical manipulations or makes use of only other worksheet functions should be enabled by default.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. MacroOptions to redirect Help for VBA UDFs to web page

Currently, if I write a UDF in VBA, I can arrange that the user sees help for that function in the Excel “Insert function” dialog box by using Application.MacroOptions. I can also hook the “Help on this function” link of that dialog to a help topic in a help file.

But I don’t think Application.MacroOptions lets me hook “Help on this function” to a web page. My suggestion is to make that possible please.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Stock Transactions in 'Money in Excel'

Money in Excel should be able to pull in stock transactions from investment accounts via Plaid.

For each transaction, this should include the stock symbol, the quantity of shares purchased/sold, and either the total currency amount or the price per share.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+G close the Immediate window in the VBA editor

In the VBA editor, when I press Ctrl+G to open the Immediate window I expect the Immediate window to close when I press it again.

I suggest making this keyboard shortcut works as a toggle button to open and close the Immediate window.

We currently don't have any way to close this window except pressing the exit button.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. VBA error object to include line number/text property

VBA Error object should have properties called line Number and line text which will let us know the line number of the code and the line text of the code where error occurred. This will help us very much in case of offline troubleshooting through logs

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow Lua for scripting instead of VBA

I know the Python scripting idea has 5000+ votes. But if it's decided that Python is too heavy weight for scripting in Excel please consider Lua. It's small, modern and lightweight and built for this exact use case, to be embedded into larger programs and be used as a scripting interface.

https://www.lua.org/

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add SharePoint and Onedrive OAuth authentication in VBA

Currently I use rest with SharePoint and Onedrive, but in VBA this is not very easy and can sometimes be troublesome.
    Like in the newer languages (e.g. C#) authentication can be done in a few lines of code and it would be good to have some thing similar built into VBA.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base