Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Prevent Copy-Paste in Excel all applications including Web, Android etc.

The idea is preventing other users from copy-paste into Excel sheet. So that the user can enter only correct values in excel.

Why it is required?
    I have applied Data Validation on specific column about numbers only, then this validation works fine if user enters manually, but if user copy from external source or paste into that column then the data validations won't work on that cell.

And if I supposed to use Macros to prevent copy-paste, however the limitation is macros only work in Desktop Application only.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Date and Time picker

Why the Date and Time Picker which is a such useful Object file it NOT included in the Office Excel 365 64 bit Version

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Creating macro or repetitive function without writing code in VBA.

We need to be able to write repetitive Excel tasks through simple functions or formulae so that whenever we need to re-perform that task we can just use the same function to process the same.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Money in Excel - update is cropping the merchant field, losing payee info - need to import ALL merchant data to better identify transactions

For example - in Quicken and on my bank website a transaction shows up as

"Ext Credit Card Debit KEYME 888-380-0394 8883800394 NY"

but in the Money Addin it shows up only as

"Ext Credit Card Debit"

which makes it impossible to identify versus all the other "Ext Credit Card Debit" charges that are trimmed the same way. Including the entire field versus the first part would make it MUCH more usable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add prediction level to regression analysis.

Analysis ToolPak Regression tool should include Prediction Level and interval percent just like the Confidence Level and interval percent that already exists. This would be valuable for those that also want to see the prediction interval information for their data analysis.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Give us a QR Code font

Please give us an add in with the ability to create text into QR codes. We have a system that loves QR codes and a lot of part number we need to print in QR code and now we have a lot of work to do to make it work in excel.

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Give us a QR Code font

Please give us an add in with the ability to create text into QR codes. We have a system that loves QR codes and a lot of part number we need to print in QR code and now we have a lot of work to do to make it work in excel.

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Replace new "Workbook statistic" function with Inquire

Hello,

Workbook statistics functions was introduced recently in Version 2002 (Build 12527.20194).

So far it's just plain crazy simple window with useless information.

You show me i've 10 tables in my workbook? Cool, mind to show me all of them with names and references?

What do i've to do with those plain numbers?

There's already insanely useful add-in called "Inquire" where info from "Workbook statistic" and much much more is available already.

Please just make Inquire available for all excel desktop users!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please get the Excel VBA cpontext sensitive help back to work!!

I don't really care, if it's offline or online help as long as it's fast and reliable, but currently pressing F1 in VBA shows only the MS documents content list (https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/).
    For 20 years the context help with F1 was really fast, informative and helpful. Now its just scrap. BTW: Germany is an online underdeveloped country!! Remember: we Germans need OFFLINE HELP. (I still have a 1 Mbit connection!)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to add a table of contents, one hyperlink for each worksheet in a workbook.

Ability to add a table of contents, one hyperlink for each worksheet in a workbook. When adding additional worksheets, ability to refresh the TOC to make it easy to find a particular worksheet within a workbook that has many worksheets.

I AM NOT ANONYMOUS - I DID ENTER MY EMAIL ADRESS

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Code for VBA to return or set the column width in pixels instead of points

Pixel values vary depending on the monitor used, my issue is if you sum the range of column widths that suit your print area for 1 page example 7 columns in points total points = 89.33 (853 pixels) and try to apply this total width to another column let say 1 column then 89.33 points becomes (811 pixels). I understand why this happens due to how points are calculated, however you can display the pixels when you click on the column in excel im assuming code to retrieve or set by this pixel value wouldn't be too much of an…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Money in Excel: Add a nonbank account

Adding an account which isn't linked to a bank account, to be able to track cash.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please replace VBA with a modern scripting language

Please replace the VBA scripting language by something more modern.
    I would like to see a .NET language with editing and debugging capabilities in Visual Studio.

I think that VBA is no longer a viable option as a scripting language.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. money

Add starone CU to financial institution for money in excel

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ignore cell style while using .find in VBA and the xlWhole parameter

When a macro fills a cell with a text and later needs to go back to that cell the .find method and the xlWhole parameter should do the job. However it fails when the cell style is not standard. That behavior is very odd. Please ignore the cell style when searching whole texts. xlPart works fine, but often you simply need exactly the whole cell text.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Office Scripts for Excel Desktop

Hi Excel-Team,
    on Ignite and on the Excel Tech Community blog, you have announced Office Scripts - including a macro recorder for Excel JS.
    That's really awesome and I am looking forward to the preview at the end of this year. However, Office Scripts will (is) currently only available for Excel on Web.
    I would like to suggest to add this feature to Excel Desktop too in the (near) future.
    This, as on one hand not all files are stored/used in the web and Excel for Web has less features than Excel for Desktop and on another hand, I guess,…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. [BUG] Listbox autoselects item if openned under cursor via doubleclick on cell

If it happens that userform with listbox opens (via on cell doubleclick) under cursor it automatically selects listbox item (that apperas under cursor).

Reproduced in Excel 2013, 2016, do not have other versions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Convert all VBA references in twips directly to pixels

Convert all VBA references to screen measurements to pixels. The twip is an arcane unit that has an actual defined distance. Monitors of the same native resolution come in a wide range of actual sizes.

Twips are also too granular - I can't actually choose to position a window on a display in fractions of a pixel.

It's very easy for a coder to find their monitor resolution, and also to think about other standard resolutions. It's a lot harder to first, figure out what the heck a twip is to begin with, and then it is unnecessarily unwieldy to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Range.Find should use cell values, as opposed to the displayed text.

The following equation fails if you change the column width. See attached pictures.

colNum = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("E5:DA5").Find(-10).Column

It should be finding that cell H5 has a value of -10.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base