Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. VBA histogram bin

Please make the number of bins and bin width for histograms open to VBA. I can read the values, but I can't change them. I want to create a macro that allows me to use a spinner so I can adjust the number of bins or the bin width.

I am working with statistics and need to be able to quickly adjust these numbers for students.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Spell out Number with Currency

Can excel have an add-in that spell-out number from figure and selection of currency name like sample
    123 - One Hundred Twenty Three
    $123 - One Hundred Twenty Three Dollar
    $123.01 - One Hundred Twenty Three Dollar and 1/100
    P32.09 - Thrirty Two Pesos and 9/100

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Disabeling Calculate; norma, page layout & page break Preview on task bar at the bottom.

I suggest Disabling Calculate; normal, page layout & page break Preview on task bar at the bottom. Allow the user to make any of the options, their default view, but only for the active workbook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Analysis ToolPak's Regression tool should not use the clipboard

After you run the Analysis ToolPak's Regression tool, you can paste some of the numbers that appear in the output. There is no warning that the Analysis ToolPak will use/clear the clipboard. Users may have had important stuff on the clipboard. It is also bad practice to use the clipboard as part of a macro. Please change the Regression tool so that it does not use the clipboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. AutoFit columns in the output sheet of the Analysis ToolPak's Regression tool

Currently, many cells in the output sheet of the Analysis ToolPak's Regression tool are cut off by default because the columns are left at their default width. Please AutoFit the columns as part of the generation of the output. Also, select cell A1 by default so that the output sheet looks cleaner.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Eliminate double spaces from the titles of the graphs generated by the Analysis ToolPak's Regression tool

The residual plots use 2 spaces before "Residual Plot" and the line fit plots use 2 spaces between "Line Fit" and "Plot". Please change these to be a single space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Non-overlapping arrangement of graphs generated by the Analysis ToolPak's Regression tool

Currently, the graphs generated by the Analysis ToolPak's Regression tool are cascaded (i.e. the next graph overlaps most of the previous graph, but offset a little). This arrangement is useless since you can only see the last graph, and you must spend time to move the graphs out of each other's way.

Please arrange the graphs in a grid by default. There should be a row/column of Residual Plots and a row/column of Line Fit Plots right next to it. The Normal Probability Plot will have to reside outside of the grid. Luckily, there is a nice space for it…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Provide search boxes on every VBA Help page!!

Provide search boxes on every VBA Help page!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Be able to use SQL directly on Excel Tables

Excel Tables are great, but they would be super is you could use SQL on them directly (like a range or worksheet). Select, Join, Insert, etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "Block macros from running in Office files from the Internet" causing operational issues.

"User Configuration > Administrative Templates > MS Excel 2016 > Excel Options > Security > Trust Center > Block macros from running in Office files from the Internet" is causing operational issues for the org I work for.

Probably it should not be in Microsoft security baseline until it works as expected.
    It blocks macros for files that are opened from Trusted or Intranet sites. Another interesting finding is that it seems like this GPO will block macros in files saved and launched from INetCache folder, the folder where IE11 stores temp Internet files. Trusted or Intranet sites can store…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Have a feature that will auto send an email of your excel worksheet through outlook to coworkers at set times when the spreadsheet is runnin

Allow you to auto send emails at set times while a spreadsheet is open from excel through outlook to your coworkers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make Personal Macro Workbook sync across O365 when logged in as same user

When a user creates a macro in their Personal Macro Workbook, in the Office 365 Desktop version, make this available to them on any machine where they are using the Office 365 Desktop version of Excel.

The simplest way to achieve this would probably be to simply store the Personal Macro Workbook in a hidden folder in their OneDrive Sync folder so the existing OneDrive Sync will keep all machines in sync.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Provide Within parameter for Range.Replace method

VBA Range.Replace method applies the current Within (Workbook) setting of the Find/Replace dialog box even though an explicit range of workbook.sheet.cells is provided to the method. The desire is to replace only within the scoped range, not across all sheets of a workbook. Although the VBA can be coded to first execute a benign Range.Find instruction which "magically, without the option to indicate" resets the Within property value to Sheet, the responsibility of having to do so should not be necessary. The Range.Replace method should provide for a Within parameter and stick to the range of Sheet or Workbook according…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow form focus to break out of cell editing

If you have a VBA modeless form up and you double click on a cell to start editing, the form is "dead" until the user gets out of the editing mode. It should exit the edit mode just like clicking on a different cell would. Users keep reporting this as a bug in macro code.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. More vba events

VBA events are extremely powerful but currently they are seriously lacking! If the Excel team went through and exposed more events VBA would a lot easier to manage for complex applications.

Events to expose:
    * Row and column insertion
    * Table specific events:
    Table - Insert_Row
    Table - InsertColumn
    ** Table - Cell
    Change
    Table - On Filter
    Table - On Filter button click
    * Chart events!
    Chart - On Mouse Down
    Chart - On chart object select
    Chart - On chart resize
    * Shape events
    On shape resize
    On shape click
    * Comment events
    On Comment Edited
    On

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Inventory data sheet

I want to multiply data in column c by data in column d and have the formulas decend down the table without having to type in the formula in each cell
    so I can create an inventory sheet

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enable Macabacus Productivity Add-in Compatibility - Home & Office 2019

Macabacus is a productivity suite that really cuts down on my work time because they allow you to cycle through precedents within a formula (by using arrow keys) so that whenever you click on a precedent cell within the formula, you can choose to be taken to that reference cell automatically (any tab throughout the workbook) and continue auditing the formulas in the precedent cells.

However, I've spent hours trying to incorporate this Add-in into Excel, but I think there may be some sort of issue with the 2019 Excel Release. I'm an advanced user and just purchased Excel 2019…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Modernise VBA Class Syntax

Writing Classes in VBA makes me ….. nervous. Any improvement would please me already ;-(

Why is VBA developing so viscously? Millions of VBA programmers but no further development of the language, is somehow strange I would say.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Offline Help for office 365 version

How is possible that your latest version is not the best? Offline help is key for the Office 365 Excel version. Also if you didn´t have it just say that is not avaible. You made me lost precious time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base