Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Python integration

It would be nice if we could use Python for writing macros rather than VBA. (I realize that it's possible to automate Excel externally using Python and the COM interface, but this is slow.)

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to allow add-ins in restricted workbook (IRM)

The new Information Rights Management (IRM) is great to protect workbooks from being opened or edited by non authorized users.
    Unfortunately it also deactivates all ad-ins. In principle this makes sense as add-ins can access and modify information within the workbook. However, current restrictions go a bit too far as even as an owner/author of the workbook with FULL CONTROL my add-ins are deactivated. Should I not have full rights to do anything with the workbook? In our company thousands of users across EMEA use a self developed add-in to calculate service costs. Now they cannot use IRM as it…

109 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. New version of the VBA Editor

Excel is subject to so many great updates with new features, but it seems, that the VBE remained the same since first introduced. Can you please upgrade the VBE to a state of the art editor similar to Visual Studio or other programming editors? Excel Makros are a great feature, used in so many workbooks, but the editor looks and feels like from the 90ies;)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. convertitore da ost a pst Software convertire OST in PST

Tramite OST to PST Converter Software puoi anche riparare i tuoi file OST danneggiati e recuperare facilmente il tuo file OST cancellato. Attraverso questo strumento puoi convertire i file ost in file PST, Office 365 con Zimbra, Gmail, EML, EMLX, vCard, ICS, MSG, PST, server Live Exchange, MBOX e così via. Questo strumento di esportazione di file OST funziona senza problemi per convertire la casella di posta OST ed e-mail database in file PST come: contatti, elementi del calendario, note, attività pianificate, appuntamenti, diari, bozze ecc.

https://www.kdetools.com/blog/how-to-convert-ost-to-pst-manually.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Money in Excel - Import Transactions

In Money in Excel, it would be nice to have the option to import transactions. I have transactions I would like to include in my spreadsheet, but they aren't able to be imported via Plaid.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. office scripts

Hi Team,

I would like to suggest making the scripting functionality available to the Microsoft 365 Family Subscription. I would love to be able to automate Excel tasks in a more modern built-in scripting environment. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sending the feedback. Your input is valuable to us and helps improve our products.

Support for consumer accounts is under review. We’ll use this UserVoice link to update on the progress.

Let us know if you have any scenarios in mind for automation and that’ll definitely help us with making informed decision.

Thank you,
    Sudhi Ramamurthy
    suramam@microsoft.com
    The Microsoft Team

7. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Money in Excel is not signing in

Money in Excel is not letting to sign in nor through Excel desktop neither through online. No error message appear, software just not letting to sign in.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Date Picker Add-In

This is an old request for the date picker since Microsoft removed the feature. I have copied an admin response and request for votes starting from 2016.
    How is it possible after 5 years there has not been any advancement on this?

With the amount of people that utilize Excel, you are not supporting your customer's needs.
    Please get your coders to rectify this as soon as possible. This delay is not acceptable by any means.

Add 'date picker' to enable users to select a date from a mini calendar into cells
    votes
    Vote
    Figures shared this idea ·…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. convertitore da ost a pst Software convertire OST in PST

Tramite OST to PST Converter Software puoi anche riparare i tuoi file OST danneggiati e recuperare facilmente il tuo file OST cancellato. Attraverso questo strumento puoi convertire i file ost in file PST, Office 365 con Zimbra, Gmail, EML, EMLX, vCard, ICS, MSG, PST, server Live Exchange, MBOX e così via. Questo strumento di esportazione di file OST funziona senza problemi per convertire la casella di posta OST ed e-mail database in file PST come: contatti, elementi del calendario, note, attività pianificate, appuntamenti, diari, bozze ecc.

https://www.kdetools.com/blog/how-to-convert-ost-to-pst-manually.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. How to unlock 7z file password?

Here perfect resolution to, remove, recover & unlock 7z file password by using PassFixer “7z password recovery Software. Users can easily ***** any type of password combination like numeric, alphabetic & symbolic character with the help of Mask attack, Brute Force attack, & Dictionary attack. This software gives a free demo edition to the recovered password. It supports all 7zip file versions and Windows editions up to 10.
    Know More - unlock 7z file password https://www.7zpasswordunlocker.com/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. PLEASE.....Add TTS Turbo Macro to the Microsoft Office Add-in Store

Training the Street, Inc. (TTS) is a prominent Wall Street financial modeling company that trains the majority of Wall Street/finance firms in the United States. TTS has developed an Excel Add-in that thousands of professionals use to enhance their Excel modeling speed. But since Office 365 has started churning out rapid updates, the Add-in has become unreliable and TTS has stated they no longer are making the updates necessary to counter Microsoft's changes. https://trainingthestreet.com/macros/

Is there a way your Dev team could look at this simple Excel Add-in and find a way to add it to the Microsoft Office Add-in…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Spreadsheet Compare to build workbooks with interim steps

The Spreadsheet Compare tool/add-in should show the user the list of changes between workbook 'A' and 'B' (functionality exists) and then allow the user the ability to group changes together (new functionality). It should then generate as set of workbooks that move from 'A' and add make the changes of each change-group. The changes would be cumulative so the final workbook produced would match 'B'.

The user should then be able to select a cell in the workbook 'B' and the tool should read from the set of workbooks (as created in the previous paragraph) to show how the value…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add Office Scripts to the native Excel Application

I understand getting full blown VBA working on the web is extremely unlikely (impossible?).

So - make Office Scripts run on native Excel (and other Office apps). That way we get

1) One common development language across all Microsoft Office applications

2) Support for Javascript/Typescript in native Office.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sending Microsoft feedback. Your input is valuable to us and helps improve our products.

Office native platforms already supports JavaScript/TypeScript for the add-in (extensions) model. The built-in Office Scripts/automation is not yet supported.

We do intend to support Office Scripts across other platforms and hosts. However, the priority and schedules for such expansion in coverage is not yet finalized. We are right now focussed on delivering it for Online platform with Power Automation support. Please stay tuned for future announcements to learn about the coverage.

Thanks,
    Sudhi

15. onedrive workbooks fullname http instead of c:\

Use the correct name and path when opening a file. Now I have somthing like https://d.docs.live.net/6eSOME_STRANGE_USER_ID_CODE4a/Documents instead of C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Documentens

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make an Acronym Look-Up for Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, and Excel

Be able to create and edit an Acronym list, and have options to right click a popup with the definition when you get the acronym in an email, word document, powerpoint, or other excel file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Money in Excel should show Net worth trended over time so you can see your progress!

Give us a Money in Excel enhancement to show Net worth trended over time, so we can see our progress over time!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sending your valuable feedback.

Currently, Money in Excel do not support trends on Net worth. We appreciate you sharing this feedback. We’ll make sure that this feedback goes to the right team and is worked upon.

Best,

The Microsoft Team

18. Checkboxes are mistakenly activated by arrow keys

Dear Excel-Team,

Unfortunately, I don't have the Feedback-button, therefore I would like to post a bug here. Thanks for your understanding.

in Version 2104, checkboxes within a UserForm are activated when approached by arrow keys (w/o mouse click or space bar). When for example a user navigates from one textbox to another using the arrow keys, all checkboxes in between will be activated. The checkboxes remain activated when approached again by arrow keys.

This behavior doesn't seem to be intended as it was different in earlier Excel versions.

Please see also the Microsoft Community Post, there is also a link…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I have a reproduceable bug in XLTMs.

Crossposting from here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/i-have-a-reproduceable-bug-in-excel/c1f18efd-2f7c-494b-84df-b81fac32bb21 , where a moderator discovered that it's happening when the first part of a filename is also a cell address, like A1 - XFD9999 or the like.

Make a new workbook, add a new module to it in the developer IDE.

Put this code in the module. The function just makes a button on the first tab. That button, when pressed, will pop up a messagebox saying "Hello World". (.....sorry, pasting in here blew up my indentation and I can't seem to fix it!)

Function makebuttons()

Dim wb As Workbook

Set wb = ThisWorkbook

Dim ws…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. BUG: VBA References in the cloud.

Cannot currently add VBA references to xlsm files on sharepoint or stored elsewhere in the cloud.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base