Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. excel macros

When the user uses the remote desk of the laptop(the system of the laptop is windows 10 1903 rdp) to connect to another computer, the excel document with Macros cannot open or save(the version of the office365 is latest).

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Update Visual Basic for Applications

Visual Basic for Applications is still version 7.1 from 2012. It's high time that power user portion of the application received updates to the interface, IntelliSense, and features. That portion of the program needs to be aligned with the current features now available within the Microsoft Suite. It also needs a facelift to the Userforms palette. I suggest starting with Excel, where VBA is most widely used, then PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.

Don't go destroying developer's programs, just add interoperability, functions, and facelift.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please support Unicode font in VBA

Please support Unicode font in VBA.

Thank you!

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a persistent unique "eternal" ID for each sheet as an alternative to name and index.

It would be extremely useful to me, and perhaps other developers, to have a unique read-only ID for each sheet that would *never* change. It would be assigned internally by Excel at the time the sheet was created. The idea would be for it to function as an auto-incrementing identity column does for a row in a database.

Why would this be useful? If you store sheet names anywhere in the workbook--such as in range or table--for use in VBA code *and* you allow the user to rename worksheets, your code will break as soon as the user renames a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. VBA Developer should highlight paired parentheses

While editing VBA code within the Developer window, there should be some basic syntax highlighting such as paired parentheses. This would help while coding complex nested conditions.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Improve VBA protection

it is not a secret that the VBA protection password is very weak, it is very frustrating that I can't defend properly a sensitive code in the one of the biggest and popular software (Excel) in the world.
    improving VBA protection is a game changer for lots of people.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. VBA doesn't check the maximum text line length when importing a module

VBA doesn't check the maximum length of every text line when importing a module (.bas file). This can cause an issue when saving the VBA project inside VBA when the text line of the .bas file is higher then allowed, which can lead at the end to a full crash of Excel. This is a major issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Lock some cells in all sheets

Hello
    I want to lock some cells in all the sheets at once. Please guide. Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Create a command line tool for signing Office files with a digital certificate

Besides Office, Excel files can be created using numerous software tools. More often than not, batches of macro-enabled Excel files are processed with scripts for productivity purposes. However, VBA code signing cannot be part of an automated process, as it is a manual task that requires opening & saving the file in Excel.

This request is about creating a command line tool for signing Office files with a digital certificate, similar to MS SignTool.

In addition, the existing macro signing process in Office is not 100% compatible with Open XML specifications. I can clarify this statement in a private discussion…

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. MPOC - Can I get an add in for 365 pro?

I really need to move points on charts.
    Can this function be added to excel 365 pro?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please add power pivot option for Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016

Please add power pivot for Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016. It would be much helpful

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Task reminder

Can we put a reminder for the task like due date reminder in excel? so, when we start any excel, we can see the reminder and also we can put extra features like reminder can assign to the group or users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. MPOC - Can I get an add in for 365 pro?

I really need to move points on charts.
    Can this function be added to excel 365 pro?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add volatile functions to Inquire Workbook Analysis

Please add to the Workbook Analysis a report on any volatile functions found in the workbook and their cell locations. It would be very helpful when trying to debug and re-factor slow and complex workbooks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Followhyperlink event to trigger with Hyperlink() function

Have the Hyperlink function trigger the followhyperlink event.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make more efficient object collections and cell format operations in VBA

VBA Excel user objects are so slow, that i have to mimic it with my own procedures managing user data types, and it speeds up a process by times! Fix it somewhen, please!
    Similar situation with cell formatting. Why it's so slow? And more of it - I just can't copy/paste the pattern of different formatting on several cells at once? and some time ago had to spend a lot of tyme to resolve this problem with optimization tricks in VBA/

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. VBA histogram bin

Please make the number of bins and bin width for histograms open to VBA. I can read the values, but I can't change them. I want to create a macro that allows me to use a spinner so I can adjust the number of bins or the bin width.

I am working with statistics and need to be able to quickly adjust these numbers for students.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Spell out Number with Currency

Can excel have an add-in that spell-out number from figure and selection of currency name like sample
    123 - One Hundred Twenty Three
    $123 - One Hundred Twenty Three Dollar
    $123.01 - One Hundred Twenty Three Dollar and 1/100
    P32.09 - Thrirty Two Pesos and 9/100

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Disabeling Calculate; norma, page layout & page break Preview on task bar at the bottom.

I suggest Disabling Calculate; normal, page layout & page break Preview on task bar at the bottom. Allow the user to make any of the options, their default view, but only for the active workbook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Analysis ToolPak's Regression tool should not use the clipboard

After you run the Analysis ToolPak's Regression tool, you can paste some of the numbers that appear in the output. There is no warning that the Analysis ToolPak will use/clear the clipboard. Users may have had important stuff on the clipboard. It is also bad practice to use the clipboard as part of a macro. Please change the Regression tool so that it does not use the clipboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base