Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to allow add-ins in restricted workbook (IRM)

The new Information Rights Management (IRM) is great to protect workbooks from being opened or edited by non authorized users.
    Unfortunately it also deactivates all ad-ins. In principle this makes sense as add-ins can access and modify information within the workbook. However, current restrictions go a bit too far as even as an owner/author of the workbook with FULL CONTROL my add-ins are deactivated. Should I not have full rights to do anything with the workbook? In our company thousands of users across EMEA use a self developed add-in to calculate service costs. Now they cannot use IRM as it…

106 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Money in Excel - Import Transactions

In Money in Excel, it would be nice to have the option to import transactions. I have transactions I would like to include in my spreadsheet, but they aren't able to be imported via Plaid.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Money In Excel - Add Capital One 360 Bank

Money In Excel - Add Capital One 360 Bank

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow for more categories in Money in Excel

The Categories spreadsheet only allows for the addition of 20 categories. My Quicken account, which I am trying to terminate, has over 70 categories in current use. This limits the usefulness of Money in Excel.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. PLEASE.....Add TTS Turbo Macro to the Microsoft Office Add-in Store

Training the Street, Inc. (TTS) is a prominent Wall Street financial modeling company that trains the majority of Wall Street/finance firms in the United States. TTS has developed an Excel Add-in that thousands of professionals use to enhance their Excel modeling speed. But since Office 365 has started churning out rapid updates, the Add-in has become unreliable and TTS has stated they no longer are making the updates necessary to counter Microsoft's changes. https://trainingthestreet.com/macros/

Is there a way your Dev team could look at this simple Excel Add-in and find a way to add it to the Microsoft Office Add-in…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add functionality to Money in Excel to allow data to be downloaded from a Bank Account back further than 30-60 days

Add functionality to Money in Excel to allow data to be downloaded from a Bank Account back further than 30-60 days; for at least two years. Or for the time period to be selected by the user.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Money in Excel should be available in Microsoft 365 business

It looks like Money in Excel is only available for Personal and Family Microsoft 365 accounts.
    We have several Microsoft 365 Business accounts that we use for both personal and family business activities, but we cannot access this feature.
    We end up paying more at least for some accounts, but we do it for simplicity of management.
    Microsoft should make Money for Excel to business accounts as well - at least small business accounts.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add Calendar Picker and Time Picker tools to the toolbox

Cannot imagine why a the Calendar date picker was taken away... so useful and easy... (The date functions are clumsy)>
    Please give the Calendar back... and a click time picker would be good to for user interfaces

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Stock Transactions in 'Money in Excel'

Money in Excel should be able to pull in stock transactions from investment accounts via Plaid.

For each transaction, this should include the stock symbol, the quantity of shares purchased/sold, and either the total currency amount or the price per share.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. VBA doesn't let add a comment when the cell contains middle dash symbol

I get an error 91 when I try to add a comment in a cell with "-" value.

To fix it I have to add a space after and before of "-".

Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(1, 1) = "-"
    Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(1, 1).Comment.Text Text:="-"

If I made this manually, not from vba, it works fine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Money in Excel enhancement to show Net worth trended over time

Money in Excel enhancement to show Net worth trended over time. Example: show net worth monthly as of the first of each month:
    1 Jan = $20k | 1 Feb = $22k | 1 Mar = $19k | 1 Apr = $21k...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow access to the "Spreadsheet Inquire" add-in for Excel without having to upgrade an entire suite of applications to a business license.

I have Microsoft 365 Family and I need the "Spreadsheet Inquire" add-in for Excel to troubleshoot a couple of very complex worksheets. The only way to get it is for me to upgrade my entire suite of Office applications to a business license with no other option to get it. A tool to help maintain and repair an Excel sheet should be included with the product, or AT THE VERY LEAST offered for a reasonable additional price.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Python integration

It would be nice if we could use Python for writing macros rather than VBA. (I realize that it's possible to automate Excel externally using Python and the COM interface, but this is slow.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Date Picker/Input for VBA form

I know there is ActiveX control for date picker. but when I using VBA form, it don't have such as control to make user input date easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. VBA doesn't save pictures

We now can save pictures from Excel. But we can't use VBA to do the same thing. VBA needs to have the same ability.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When recovering version from history, macro calls point to a wrong file

When recovering a previous versions, all OnAction properties are screwed up and point to some weird path to a file that doesnt exist.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Provide a data analysis option for factor analysis

Even offering just varimax rotation principal component analysis would be an excellent feature!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Can’t remove the Macros button

I’m not able to remove the Macros button from developer tab in the new Excel version by right-clicking it! In the previous version2010 (build 13328.20292), we are able to remove the button by right-clicking it. Please revert this function in the new version! Currently I’m using 2010 (build 13328.20356).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base