Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. CTRL+M to launch Power Query Editor

Well, we know that
    the language behind Power Query is called M;
    it takes at least three clicks to launch Power Query Editor;
    the shortcut CTRL+M is currently unassigned...
    Why not using CTRL+M to launch Power Query Editor?

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please just make Inquire available for all excel desktop users!

Please just make Inquire available for all excel desktop users!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Aplication RAB Struktural Proyek Bangun

***** mendapatkan Software untiuk RAB

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. There should be a feature to enter into particular sheet just by typing the sheet name.

When i search any word in word it automatically rolls to locate the word. The same feature i.e. when I search the name of particular sheet the sheet list should roll automatically to locate the sheet,should be in excel too. It would be convenient.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow boxed software to be uploaded

I spent a lot of money buying Office in a box with disks. Allow us to upload and use what we've paid for. Not all of us are rich like MS employees. You make me buy a new Mercedes every 6 months whenever I need air in my 10 year old Toyota's tires. You people are ridiculous.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Things you need to know about email signature

Many people are mostly not interested in their email signature because, they may have thought the email signature was just a sign. But certain things are hidden in the email signature. In this article, we will let you know what you should add to make perfect Email signature.

Sigsync Office 365 Email Signature service is server-side centrally managed signature service. With just a few clicks, you can generate your signature with user-friendly signature generator.

What can I add to an email signature?
    Here are the details about what you can add to your signature:
    - User profile photo
    - Personal…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add a button on the Data ribbon to open Power Query query dependencies view window

It would be helpful to have access to the query dependencies view directly from the Excel Data ribbon, instead of having to go through a few clicks to open Power Query editor first and a few other clicks to get to the Query Dependencies view window.
    Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Click copy version of program

Please make it so it is possible to click and or select the version of excel and copy to the clip board. As it is now it is only viewable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Safe EDB to PST Conversion Tool

If you want to recovery password protected files then you should try the SysOZ EDB to PST Converter for the data recovery and data conversion. By using this tool you can convert your data into various formats like PST, EML, and HTML MSG. You can also split the large size PST files into small bits as per your need. SysOZ EDB to PST Converter keeps the originality of Metadata such as To, Cc, From, Date, Object, Subject, Time and Bcc after the conversion. It does not consume more time for the data conversion.

Read More: https://www.sysoz.com/products/edb-to-pst-converter.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow user interface preference default setting (i.e. Gridline viewing and printing)

Please allow a simple user default interface/preference setting option so that any user can start using Excel in the way each user uses Excel the most frequently. For example, one may like to remove the gridline in view by default because that is the most frequently used format and etc. It is useful to allow users setting up a basic default profile to suit their most used preferences.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. make excel free for everyone! and see that people will stop migrating to Gsheets. right now there is mass migration happening inc. students

make excel free for everyone! and see that people will stop migrating to Gsheets. right now there is mass migration happening inc. students. stop this migration and make Excel free.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add BMO Harris Bank

Add BMO Harris Bank

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add www.fnb-online.com to Money in Excel.

My bank currently is not available for connection w/ Money In Excel. If it's included in my subscription, I should be able to use it as I'm PAYING for it. That's all. It's First National Bank and the website is www.fnb-online.com

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Incluir na versão de assinatura do 365, para pessoa física o suplemento Inquire do excel

Incluir na versão de assinatura do 365 para pessoa física, o suplemento Inquire do excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. activation problem of 2013 office

ı bought office 2013 retail licence almost 4 years ago and up till now ı had no diffucilty about licencing because key password which comes in office box was enough.But today neither phone call activation nor internet activation process dont work even ı give the setup procedure correct key.what should i do, the count down says 4 days .remaining.please contact me via kamilkamci03@gmail.com from Ankara,TURKEY

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Help "What's New" not opening

With last night's install I can't open "What's New"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please Fix the "Select Office for this device" screen

I have one Personal Email connected to 6 Copies of Microsoft Office 2016 products.
    when I try to activate the Office on a new PC , I don't know which license is linked to which PC ??? and always trying to guess which license to choose …

So Please Microsoft add the Activation code Number or the Product Key under each one , because the name method is stupid and confusing and creates a lot of issues when trying to activate a device to the same email … see attached file

ps: in this example the correct license to choose…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Protect your data by using EdbMails software

Certain methods/commands are there to recover Exchange database. Exmerge Utility, Exchange Admin Center (EAC), Exchange PowerShell (Exchange Management Shell) commands.

With the above methods/commands, you may face many obstacles like it can’t convert heavily corrupted, encrypted, password protected, and offline EDB files, it does not support Exchange server 2007 and next versions.

A small error can spoil your original Exchange database. Don’t worry, by using best third party tool you can recover your corrupted database as original. There are several database recovery tools available in the market. But in this blog we will suggest you one good and efficient third…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base