Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multiple values in one cell

Provide way to enter multiple values into a single cell AND then view these as separate rows (e.g., in Pivot table or via formatted Table).

E.g., A1 = "Banana", B1 = "Fruit, Yellow"
    Then provide way to view table that shows "Banana" TWICE (as two rows: under "Fruit" and "Yellow").

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Making a directory in Word importing information from Excel.

How can I make a directory using text information from Excel and photos? I'd like to put them in a Word Table. This needs to be updated several times a year, so would like to be able to insert information as it changes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Filter doesn't show Oct, and Nov Month in large dataset

I applied a filter on a large dataset which consists 30k row its shows the months till Sep but not Oct and November

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Improve the functionality of data tables:

Improve the functionality of data tables:
    - so you can control which data tables need updating and others that don't need updating everytime you do a calculation. This would improve the performance of updating calculations where only certain aspects of the model have changed.
    - make it easier to run nested data tables

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 해 찾기 추가 기능 - 종속변수 활성화 체크박스 추가

해 찾기 추가 기능에서 종속 조건 변수에서 체크 박스를 추가하여 활성화 및 비활성화 기능을 사용 할 수 있게 만들어서 활성화 시켰을 때 결과 값과 비활성화 시켰을 때 결과 값을 비교 할 수 있었으면 좋겠습니다

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. [Accessibility] Keyboard shortcut to move rows and columns

ALT+SHIFT+ARROW_KEY, similarly to tables in word and OneNote

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Return refresh auto filter old style

Please return to old-style refresh autofilter method.

On 2016 version, it is necessary to re-aply filter to refresh the results.
    In older version, after select an item in a column, others colums was already filtered.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Excel AutoFilter

Summa securos acie apparere dum scrolling adde transitum. Commode enim magnum lists

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Excel bug when copy a filtered long list

Hi I have a Speedsheet with a lot of data with over 90740 registres from different years, as some data was filled with blank and 0, It was a large file over 80 Mbytes. I filtered to exclude the data and to copy de resulting in to a new spreedsheet to reduce the size of the file.

when I analyze de copied data results I have found that only about 1/3 of the valid data was copied even do Excel filter shows that only 0 and blank data has been filtered in reallity the filter took more away, I just…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Excel tables should be separate UI elements from the tabbed spreadsheets

I love the Excel Tables and I believe they should have been part of Excel from the beginning. Now that we have them, I am not happy with the way they are forced into the legacy GUI, namely that we still have monolithic single spreadsheet for a "canvas" that may contain more than one of these Excel Tables, but because these tables share the same spreadsheet grid, one always runs into undesirable side-effects, such as disabled Insert/Delete of spreadsheet rows and/or the "This won't work because it would move cells in a table on your worksheet" errors that should not…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Remove duplicates form should open the first item in column list having focus. This improves shortcuts.

This will make the form easier to use for keyboard users. Currently, the most common way to use the form from the keyboard is alt-a-m tab tab enter. This suggestion gets rid of the two tab strokes.

The current form opens with the "select all" button having focus. There is never a need to press the select all button first thing when the form opens, because it opens with everything selected by default.

The first column list item is a natural place to start the focus because the enter key activates the ok button; so alt-a-m-enter would remove dupliates, or…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Updated filter handling, with possibility to select e.g. the only filtered text in a column.

If I have filters active on all columns in a file and I e.g. filter on someting in column A which results in that e.g. only one value is left in column B, then I would like to be able to select that value in column B and filter on it. At this point, of course nothing will happen, but then if I now remove the filter from column A, I could get a different result, but since Iäm not able to select as describe above in column B, I will instead get ALL results when I remove the filter…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I want the text filter to be active when I select a filter.

Quite often i have excel files with filters in the top row of each column.

I would like it if the generic text input filed was active immediately after I have pressed the filter arrow in a certain column. That way I can either directly start entering the text filter, or even pasting an already copied text into that field. Now I have to click the field with the mouse and to me that seems an unnecessary step. It would be much faster if that field was active directly. I can't really see that it would hurt any other feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sort & Filter

When "Sort Warning" box pops up with 1 of 2 choices Prepicked for us, delete the prepicked setting and have it remember the choice we make.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Slicer to display count of records when selecting criteria

I learnt to create slicer and also able to move them to another work sheet. I am able to play with the data by filtering based on conditions but when I have huge sets of data where my slicer is on another work sheet, I am unable to count # of records found based on that criteria. If there can be another row or field which displays the # of records found within the work sheet where slicer exists, it'll be useful and we don't need to go to original sheet and count how many records each time, it'll save…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base