Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Revertir filtro

Ayudaria mucho tener la opción de revertir filtro, es decir si en las filas tengo los valores A,B,C y D con un filtro aplicado que me muestre solo los valores A y C, que tenga una opción que me permita revertir el filtro es decir que me muestre B y D y los valores A y C me los oculte.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. オートフィルターにおける「曜日フィルター」の追加を希望します。

セルの値が「日付」かつ「曜日」が表示されている場合に
    「指定された曜日」でフィルタリングできる機能を希望します。

「曜日」については例えば、
    セルの書式の設定→表示形式→ユーザー定義→ggge"年"m"月"d"日"(aaa)

のように「aaa」また「aaaa」で曜日が表示可能な状態で
    フィルタリングしたい。

現状は、「日付」列の隣に「曜日」列を作成しています。

どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Filter Option - for 6 Months

In Filter, there are options for Last Week, Month, Quarter & Year. There could be following 2 options that can help user a lot:
    1) Last 6 Months
    2) First 6 Months (Current Year)

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Table filter "Equals" does work unless you match exact format of number

If you use the table filter on a column of numbers and select that the number must be "equal" to X, you have to enter your criteria in the exact format of the number in the column. For example if you have 0 in a column, but the column is formatted as 0.00, when you try to apply a filter where cell must equal 0, it returns no rows. But when you change the filter where cell must equal 0.00, it works. Same goes for something like 1000 that is formatted as 1,000.00. Filter "equals" doesn't find it if you…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Create an array to store data for filtering

I have created code to collect data from any Excel source and store it in an array. I am then able to filter for that data in the same or any other Excel filter list. The data I collected does not have to be in single row or column and does not have to be in adjacent cells.

I store this code in a hidden workbook that is opened in my Start directory. This allows the code to be available in all Excel workbooks and in other applications such as SAP.

This ability to easily collect and filter for data…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. enable sorting by different year types (academic = august to july, tax = april 6 to april 5 etc)

Hi, I work for a university and use pivot tables regularly (I realise I have posted this in Tables, Sorting and Filtering - it's the better place for the suggestion).

I can sort by date however this is in an absolute chronological array only.

It would be great if we could structure tables etc so that 1st August was at the top and July 31st was at the bottom.

Similarly, if we could sort by tax year (the uk tax year runs from 6th april to 5th april the following year) that would be very useful.

Thanks,
    Su

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enable adding a Worksheet into a Shape Object

Enable the ability to Insert a Worksheet Shape Object into a worksheet and to enable the Worksheet Object to be grouped with other shape objects and charts.

By enabling a Worksheet shape object (even better, a workbook shape object), all the formatting and behaviors available to a regular worksheet (or workbook) could float along with the shape (or chart).
    This would add a new capability to better define and visualize the associated with charts and other shapes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Targeting a first sum of similar sums.

The dial on the excel spreadsheet a bit antiquated. I scroll sums of about 60k or more. The upper and lower dial could be increased speed (center being a moderate slower speed) makes problem resolution faster.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please add "Show selected items" button in filter. It will help in finding selected items in a large list of items.

Please add "Show selected items" button in filter. It will help in finding selected items in a large list of items.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. filter view: place filter text box above a filtered list to easily show what a spreadsheet is filtered to

I have a spreadsheet which I'm filtering (i know I could use a pivot table but in this case that's not what I want).

Every time I want to add a filter item I click the filter down arrow, which opens a text box and a series of values with checkboxes to add or remove these.

When we make a list filtered, could you please add a box, perhaps above the filter line, that shows what that column is filtering to? Perhaps this box could also be used instead of having to click the down arrow to open the filter…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. List counted cells

I have been searching the web for a way to list the cells that has been counted with countIf so that i can then print the data from those cells to make it easier to keep track of which numbers are remaining (a list to cross out details that have been made) Does it make any sense? Also sometimes you have counted cells and just want to see which cells are counted.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. My suggestion is to have additional TOGGLE command or feature in MS EXCEL while putting filter.

Greetings!!

My suggestion is to have additional TOGGLE command or feature in MS EXCEL while putting filter. One can put filter to available fields for example A, B, C, D and E. When I put filter to A and B, and then I want to put TOGGLE filter like C, D and E, it's time consuming. This new TOGGLE feature or command will be really helpful when there will be large number of data. Example showing short data with five numbers only. Thank You!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. filter box

I use the excel filter function a lot. Each time I click on filter, the filter box appears as a small box. I resize the box to show more entries, however when next selecting the filter, on any column, the box has returned to the default small size. Can Excel remember to keep the filter box to the size that I adjust it too.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow slicers to dock

I use slicers with a fairly big table which results in the being either on top of the data or just out of sight. If they could dock to for example the right side of the screen (like the pivot table options do) and also snap together. It would be a very welcome addition.

Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I would like the Filter data in a table or range feature list to be customizable to display a specific number of entries

I would like the Filter data in a table or range feature list to be customizable to display a specific number of entries rather than or in addition to defaulting back each time it is used to a fixed length. It is annoying having to expand or scroll down the list each time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. table heading item count

When clicking on a table heading, for example to select items in that column, it would be great to see a count beside each listed item. I realise that this could carry a performance hit, so perhaps it could be selected as an Advanced Option.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. absolute reffernces in table formulas -be able to click F4 for absolute refference

I want to be able to write a formula with absolute reference with the excel table formulas the same way as with the regular formulas ( F4 OR TYPING $$)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sort by designated row in a multi-row header

PROBLEM: We continually face a problem with sorting tables (Excel and Word) if we employ two or more rows for the column headings in the table.

DISCUSSION: First, it is not uncommon for tables to have headings of two or more rows. Often the first row includes labels that group the sub-labels in the second row and so on. However, we cannot create such headings because they disrupt the sort feature used with tables. Second, the visual or printed headings may not be conducive to the sort feature.

As such, the user often has to use workarounds where multi-row column…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base