Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Indentação Função DAX (Excel e Power BI

Criar um botão na Caixa de Diálogo Medidas do Excel que permita a Indentação da Função, em Anexo segue os detalhes com imagens ilustrativas para melhor exemplificar.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display pivot table headers in the columns headers

With the tables, if the header is not visible, Excel displays the headers of the table in the columns headers (see the picture attached)

It will be great to have the same behaviour with the pivot tables

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow non-calculated data in pivot tables

There are times when I need to add a column to a pivot table that just shows the value from the field without calculation. For example, part number and part name. I will setup the the pivot table to summarize by part name, but I need the part number to show up in a column, not as a sub-item of the part name in the first column.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide a better way to display dates in a pivot table drill down result

I use pivot tables daily and often have to drill down into the data to understand some additional details or context but one annoying 'feature' is that the date column is never expanded to display the whole date.

Please could this be looked at as it is very frustrating to have to resize the field every singe time I drill down.

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable 'Show Items with no data' in pivot tables build via data model

The show items with no data selection in Pivot field settings is available in Pivots created in the normal manner, however, when creating pivots using the data model this selection is no longer available. The implication is that if no data exists for a certain selection the structure i.e. column headings are removed and I need them to remain. I need to use functionality given in the data model pivot tables and do not expect a trade-off in loss of other functionality.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bring Power Pivot closer to Power BI Desktop Functionality

Development for Power Pivot for Excel seems to have stopped around 2016. TREATAS got added as a DAX function that works, but it never got added to Intellisense, and that was nearly 3 years ago.

Today, the two measure editors (still no idea why there are different ones) are a very VERY poor substitute for the fantastic DAX editor in Power BI Desktop. It is a real pain to properly tab and indent in the Excel Measure editor(s).

In the last year there have been about a dozen new DAX functions and several updated functions per https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/new-dax-functions but NONE of…

124 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide a better way to display dates in a pivot table drill down result

I use pivot tables daily and often have to drill down into the data to understand some additional details or context but one annoying 'feature' is that the date column is never expanded to display the whole date.

Please could this be looked at as it is very frustrating to have to resize the field every singe time I drill down.

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Provide a better way to display dates in a pivot table drill down result

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Create a better shortcut for pivot table creation

Create a better shortcut for pivot table creation. Currently the shortcut I most use is ALT+N+T to create a table and immediately use ALT+N+V to use that table to create a pivot table. However there was a recent introduction of the need to do ALT+N+V+T. Bad move. Table creation and Pivot table creation deserve more love in the form of a better shortcut.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. New Pivot Table Style

For Pivot Table Styles, the options are to use an existing Style or Create a new style from scratch.

It would be useful if we could:
    - modify an existing Style and give it a new name

In this way, we do not have to re-configure all of the formatting elements from scratch.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Preserve Pivot Table layout if field was renamed in source table

Hello,

Background

1. Create table:

|Date|Number|
    |01.01.2020|10|
    |02.01.2020|20|

1. Create pivot table based on table from p.1.

2. Drag field "Date" to rows of pivot table.

3. Drag field "Number" to columns.

Problem

1. Rename field "Date" to "Date 1".

2. Update Pivot Table.

Field "Data" has been removed from Pivot Table because it's been renamed to "Data 1". Now you need to manually add this "Date 1" back to Pivot Table.

Proposal

Based on example from "Background" and "Problem" sections:

1. Don't remove field from Pivot Table if it's been renamed.

2. Rename field in Pivot Table according to a new name in source table and don't…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Export M and DAX

It would be helpful to be able to export all DAX and M from Power Pivot / Query. Something like “Script Data Model”, similar to the functionality in SSMS.

I want to reuse code, and I’d rather not have to get all the way into the data model to grab the code.
    This could open the door to importing a data models architecture too...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. allow auto sort with custom calculations

I have pivot tables with % difference from and get error message that I can not sort the table high to low with the calculation. this is a serious limitation that I'm hoping is upgraded.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Thousands separator and no decimals as a default number format in Pivot Tables

World WILL BE a better place if you make this happen.

The frustration of having to go through the following cycle EVERY TIME a non-data model custom measure (i.e. a numeric column) is added or re-added to the Values area of a PT is enormous:

1. Right click,

2. Scroll down,

3. Value field settings,

4. Click Number Format,

5. Select Number,

6. 2 clicks on arrow down to bring the decimals to zero,

7. Check the thousands separator box,

8. Click OK,

9. Click OK again.

Imagine the tens of millions of professionals who currently have to do this several times a day...

Could you please change the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Power Pivot: Enable one to one relationships

It is often the case that I have two large tables both with the same unique identifier columns, one as my main table the the other as my lookup table to fetch more information about a certain item. When I try to create a one to one relationship between them power pivot malfunctions and fetches and displays all the rows in the lookup table for every row in the main table. Please fix this!

Power BI has this functionality and it would be great if Power Pivot had it as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Power Pivot: Add option to prevent clearing all slicer filters on a certain pivot table

There is often a LOT of data behind the scenes in a pivot table and so adding this feature would prevent accidentally loading thousands of rows into a single worksheet and slowing down excel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. There must be option of having Grand Total row in the top of pivot table

There must be option of having Grand Total row in the top of pivot table

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Pivot Table - Value Field Setting: No "Sum of..." please

Pivot Table: Value Field Setting

Show just the value (no stats). Remove "Sum of", "Count of" from pivot tables and charts.
    Pivot Tables are Fantastic Tools to quickly filter and display data, but I have to run VBA every time I do a new selection to remove the wording "Sum of..." or what ever the default is...
    Please assist
    Thank you
    John Murray

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Increase maximum limit for characters in a table or column name in data models

Can you please increase the maximum limit for characters in a table or column name for data models?

The maximum limit is 100 characters as per this article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/data-model-specification-and-limits-19aa79f8-e6e8-45a8-9be2-b58778fd68ef

I would very much like to see a higher limit, say 256 characters.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Calculating sum of non numerical values in pivot

I often use Pivot for large datasets that also contain repeating non-numeric cell inputs.

If I want to know the sum of those non numeric inputs, there is no function currently that can do that.

Pivot needs to be able to give the user the sum of unique values, such as names, without adding other parts from data.

For example:
    Drag some part of non numeric data (example: company names) to Pivot rows,

Pivot then gives the sum/is capable of giving sum of unique values without adding other data.
    As a result it shows how many times the input (example:company…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base