Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Indentação Função DAX (Excel e Power BI

Criar um botão na Caixa de Diálogo Medidas do Excel que permita a Indentação da Função, em Anexo segue os detalhes com imagens ilustrativas para melhor exemplificar.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display pivot table headers in the columns headers

With the tables, if the header is not visible, Excel displays the headers of the table in the columns headers (see the picture attached)

It will be great to have the same behaviour with the pivot tables

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Reference pivot table columns by name (like regular table columns)

The ability to reference table columns by their name (Like, [columnA], [columnB]) in excel is very useful but pivot tables do not have this functionality. If you want to use a pivot table column in an excel formula your only option is to use the column letter (A, B, etc) as the reference.

Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. On a pivot table, have it so you can have comment field to the right of the data that follows the specific number when refreshed.

On a pivot table, have it so you can have comment field to the right of the data that:
    1) you can enter you comment from the pivot table, and
    2) follows the specific number when refreshed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. add mode and median as calculation types in pivot tablest

add "mode" and "median" as calculation types in pivot tables.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Create a shortcut to expand and retry fields in a pivot table

Actually, we need creat a shortcut in the spacebar and use it together ALT + number. Would be better if we could use for example ALT + "+" to expand and ALT + "-" to retry the fields.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Pivot Table using the same source - enable different group settings

So I'm generating 4 different Pivot tables from source - need to be able to select and apply different groups for each of these Pivot tables.

For example, 1 table should be grouped according to day, month and year, the next table only by month and year, and so on.

What happens when I use the same source is when I apply a different group, it changes the other Pivot tables.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow non-calculated data in pivot tables

There are times when I need to add a column to a pivot table that just shows the value from the field without calculation. For example, part number and part name. I will setup the the pivot table to summarize by part name, but I need the part number to show up in a column, not as a sub-item of the part name in the first column.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. in the slicer tool add a search Textbox

In ordinary PivotTables one can find a Search Textfield within the Filter Function of a PivotTable Field (dropdown arrow Menu).
    I would like to have such a Search Text Box within a slicer toolbar. See Screenshots below. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Provide a better way to display dates in a pivot table drill down result

I use pivot tables daily and often have to drill down into the data to understand some additional details or context but one annoying 'feature' is that the date column is never expanded to display the whole date.

Please could this be looked at as it is very frustrating to have to resize the field every singe time I drill down.

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. pivot aggregation, calculate then sum

Kindly look at the possibility of managing calculated fields, so it is possible to choose between 'calculate details, then aggregate' and the other way around.
    This feature would be very strong, since it is missing from excel pivots but are present in many BI/database systems.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enable 'Show Items with no data' in pivot tables build via data model

The show items with no data selection in Pivot field settings is available in Pivots created in the normal manner, however, when creating pivots using the data model this selection is no longer available. The implication is that if no data exists for a certain selection the structure i.e. column headings are removed and I need them to remain. I need to use functionality given in the data model pivot tables and do not expect a trade-off in loss of other functionality.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bring Power Pivot closer to Power BI Desktop Functionality

Development for Power Pivot for Excel seems to have stopped around 2016. TREATAS got added as a DAX function that works, but it never got added to Intellisense, and that was nearly 3 years ago.

Today, the two measure editors (still no idea why there are different ones) are a very VERY poor substitute for the fantastic DAX editor in Power BI Desktop. It is a real pain to properly tab and indent in the Excel Measure editor(s).

In the last year there have been about a dozen new DAX functions and several updated functions per https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/new-dax-functions but NONE of…

128 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Improve date functionality in pivot tables

Improve date functionality in pivot tables. It's fairly clunky and not easy to manage even when all your data is in a fixed date format mm/dd/yyyy

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow number formatting for fields in Rows, Columns (for Pivot Tables), and Axis (for Pivot Charts)

When adding a number field from the Data Model to the Rows or Columns section of a Pivot Table or to the Axis of a Pivot Chart, it defaults to 'GENERAL' number formatting and there is no way to change it; not by changing the format in the Power Pivot window, not by changing the number format in the Axis Options, and certainly not by changing the number format in 'Field Setting' since the number format option is only enabled for 'Values' fields.

Yes, I know that you can create an extra text column with hard-coded formatting using Power Query…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. There must be option of having Grand Total row in the top of pivot table

There must be option of having Grand Total row in the top of pivot table

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Provide a better way to display dates in a pivot table drill down result

I use pivot tables daily and often have to drill down into the data to understand some additional details or context but one annoying 'feature' is that the date column is never expanded to display the whole date.

Please could this be looked at as it is very frustrating to have to resize the field every singe time I drill down.

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provide a better way to display dates in a pivot table drill down result

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Create a better shortcut for pivot table creation

Create a better shortcut for pivot table creation. Currently the shortcut I most use is ALT+N+T to create a table and immediately use ALT+N+V to use that table to create a pivot table. However there was a recent introduction of the need to do ALT+N+V+T. Bad move. Table creation and Pivot table creation deserve more love in the form of a better shortcut.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. New Pivot Table Style

For Pivot Table Styles, the options are to use an existing Style or Create a new style from scratch.

It would be useful if we could:
    - modify an existing Style and give it a new name

In this way, we do not have to re-configure all of the formatting elements from scratch.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base