Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Resize documents embedded in sway

You can resize everything except documents in sway. Meke it so..

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Be able to group tabs the way Onenote does

By using a tab system the way Onenote works (with tabs showing vertically on the right hand or left and side) would significantly improve the usability of large workbooks, as you could group sheets into sections like, inputs, calculations, outputs, setup etc. It would also make it easier to see a listing of tabs rather than having to scroll along the bottom trying to find what you are looking for.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix the small resolution dialogs, like Text to Columns, Edit Links and more

Many dialogs are small and haven't changed since the days of 800x600 size displays. The Text to Columns dialog in particular only manages to show 5 lines and 63 columns using just ~450 * 80 pixels. I have a huge monitor. This is completely unnecesary. Other old dialogs can be resized, but still have default windows and column sizes appropriate for latter 1990s monitors.

Please fix this dialog and any others that are either not capable of resizing, or have inadecuate defaults.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. We need different currencies in excel online!

can only use dollar at the moment

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Teacher/instructor

I am trying to assess students work I need be able to see formulas and functions used in the cell with out downloading the Excel worksheet.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Replace Document Version Option

It would be nice if there was a file upload option for replacing a document on OneDrive. I've run into a perfect instance for this feature. I downloaded a document, made extensive changes to it, but need to replace the older version on OneDrive. Currently, I have to delete the shared document, upload, reassign sharing/permissions and write a message to alert users that I uploaded a new version. But if this feature was present, I could simply upload this new document and the previous would be replaced. I could not apply the extensive functionality using the "Online" version, the "Open…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Additional Date Functions

Hi,

Love Excel -- the one thing which is always a pain is working with dates (which is quite common). Although it is possible to do with long formulas these are really common things which I think deserve its own formulas:

1) Adding to dates with the type of component specified: e.g. it would be greate to add 1 month, or 2 years or 5 minutes to a date time in a very clear readable way: e.g. DATEADD(<component>,<date>,<increment>) ... to add 17 months to the date in A1: =DATEADD("M",A1,17)
    2) Unhide DATEDIF ! It's there, but people don't know it. …

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. hyperlink formula

Please fix the hyperlink formula's in excel online. I know there is an option to embed but using a formula allows me to hyperlink to the next available blank cell rather than just a static location like A1. Here is the formula:

=HYPERLINK("#INDEX('1102'!A:A,MATCH(REPT(CHAR(122),255),'1102'!A:A)+1)","Silver Poly T-Shirts (1102)")

Either that or please add an option in the hyperlink embedding process to go to the next blank cell in a column or row.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Excel for Mac: import cal data map.

A feature that's been missing from the Mac version of excel has been the developer>import from rss/ml feature. I don't understand why this wasn't added in Mac 2016!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Right Click to "delete". . .

There should be ability to right click with mouse to delete selected items from document(open) tab(or bracket{?}).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. More Room

On a small 13 inch screen the online excel is cluttered and takes up space. I suggest getting ride of the top bar that reads, "Excel Online".

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Offline Functionality for Editing Shared Documents

As a user who goes in and out of network/wifi access, I would like to edit shared documents "offline" that will temporarily store my data locally until I am inside my network/wifi area when I can sync the data back to the master document.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Survey needs an exit link

When survey is complete, the completed survey form needs to have customizable features such as a redirect link and customized survey options

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Transparency option for Fill

Allow an option in Format Cells -> Fill to change the transparency of a fill color

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. There should be an easy way to revert to a previous version of the file

There should be an easy way to revert to a previous version of the file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. What other user are doing and what cell they are accessing

When same excel file is used by many person, click somewhere to see what others are referring also Allow Guest user to change their name

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. survey form save button and return to survey

There are times when I have a lengthy survey. One page is too long and the user may not have the time to complete the survey in one sitting. The ability to save the survey would be helpful. Perhaps the user could enter their name & email address and then receive a link in their email to return and complete the survey. This feature should be part of the survey design setup when creating the form.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add an option to boot users on shared documents if idle for a certain amount of time.

In my office, we are currently running into an issue that people leave the office still logged in to live documents. This causes a problem because at the end of the day we like to have one person open the document in the desktop app so they can make formatting changes, etc. This is not possible with the forgetful users still logged in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)