Feedback by UserVoice

Excel Online

Welcome to the Excel Online feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Do not create a link. I am only trying to type. It becomes frustrating that I have to reformat what I am typing.

Do not create a link. I am only trying to type. It becomes frustrating that I have to reformat what I am typing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I feel like the desktop version of the app should just be connected to the internet and behave as if it was in the browser.

The desktop version of excel should allow you to make changes while others are using. Additionally, in word and ppt you have to press the update button -> It would be better if it was just an always connected interface similar to the browser that made real time edits for all users to see.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to see all formulas on a sheet at one time

As a teacher, I need to see all formulas entered on a sheet. In Excel 2013 we had the ability to use Fn & ~ in order to do that - can't do it now with Excel 2016 online (which is the only program we can use with Chromebooks).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. "lock-out" feature

Good Morning –

I have an excel document that several people access online. When someone opens it locally, it locks everyone out, as you know. I experience this problem periodically; If I open it locally, but then save and close out, it continues to give me the error message when I try to re-open online, even though the local version has been closed. Since Excel Online has some limitations, it is necessary to open the local version at times, but it really jams us up by locking us out. How can I fix this?

Thanks,
    Emily

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. on Excel online documents, why the update by multiple users is not managed, Google can do that

when I try an access to an online Excel document, if this one is opened by a single user....no more RW access is possible. Google Sheets is allowing multiple users to work in the same document

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I would like to be able to edit the area under recent documents.

For example under File the dialog box opens showing recent documents. Over the years some of my documents have changed and I would like the option of deleting some of them. Or the info on how to edit this area, Ive looked everywhere and have not found instructions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. could you please include the function to calculate quadratic mean ?

Since you have harmonic and geometric mean calculations in your statistical functions, i suggest you bring on board quadratic mean.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Moving Documents

Would be not be nice to be able to move a document from one folder to another when you are in 365? Now I have to save it to my computer from 365 and then click and drag it to the folder I want.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. browser tab shows name of spreadsheet instead of "XLSX File Viewer"

When I have multiple spreadsheets open in the web browser, it would be helpful if the tabs displayed the name of the spreadsheet instead of the text "XLSX File Viewer | Microsoft Teams" for each one

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to expand filter - the filter function is almost useful to me without the ability to expand to include adjacent columns

Ability to expand filter - the filter function is almost useful to me without the ability to expand to include adjacent columns

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I want the online version to have a way to full screen

I want the online version to have a way to full screen... the online version can only see like 25-30 lines with the default row height.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Copy and Paste from clipboard to excel

When copying outside of o365, I can paste in powerpoint and word, but not excel for some reason. Please fix!
    Thank you!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Quick pick filtering

Desktop excel has the unique set of values as a tickable list when you click the drop down on a table column. This is very useful, and a real timesave compared to using the "contains" etc options in the filter context menus.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Displaying of Formulas in Excel 2016 365

I have Excel 2013 on desktop & Excel 2016 365 online (through my school). I also have an Ultrabook Ideapad laptop by Lenovo. My function keys on laptop do not work with Excel. I treid MANY suggestions.

I needed to display all the formulas in my workbook in Excel for a class assignment & it has to be saved in 2016 Excel. Problem is the function keys dont work & there is no formulas menu in 365. So I thought Id display the formulas in Excel 2013 & import into 2016...it complained & said it couldnt do it! Its so…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Excel online for multiple departments in business

In a business, an owner may want several departments to work on one shared excel online. But If owner wants different departments to see only few sheets and restrict them from seeing and editing master sheet then how it can be done. Ex- finance department can see and edit only finance sheet, HR can see and edit only HR sheet and other sheets could not be opened by them.

Please add such feature that can benefit the owner.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. i suggest you make copy/cut selections larger. and auto align all cells if that doesnt already exist.

i tried to select 1 million cells to cut to a new document and it wouldnt let me so i suggest increasing the size or ammount of cells you are allowed to copy. also when you have 365 cells across it is a pain in my butt to align all of them by hand when the dates are wider than the preset offset. also i suggest that you increase the maximum size of the files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Isnotblank

I believe in many cases I need Isnotblank instead of isblank.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base