Feedback by UserVoice

Excel Online

Welcome to the Excel Online feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Excel online was very slow. Also had me sign in several times... very annoying DISlike

Excel online was very slow. Also had me sign in several times... very annoying DISlike

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. DIE

YOU COULD DIE

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  World Readiness  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. stop

stop

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. allow the ability to notify or lock when someone tries to filter sort

when collaborating on an Excel document if someone applies a filter when i am editing the filter applies to my view and disrupts editing

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hi, make an option to transfer a word from excell in google translate.

Hi, make an option to copy a word inside the box excell to google translate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Freeze the header line of a spreadsheet be static as you scroll through the workbook?

Want the header line (1) to remain visible while scrolling through workbook.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to merge worksheet. Query function, consolidate or macro are available

We need the ability to merge data from several months into one consolidated sheet and be sorted correctly. Before the company changed from Google sheets we did this with a SQL query.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Let me know which range does not exist in the sheet

Let me know which range does not exist in the sheet

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. My company uses One Drive as a follow up log. None of us can input or change anything. It says it exceeded space but we barely have anything

My company uses One Drive as a follow up log. None of us can input or change anything. It says it exceeded space but we barely have anything on our drives. One Drive has been unusable for over a week.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow multiple people to sort the same spreadsheet differently based on their preference.

For instance: I want to show only the entries I care about in a spreadsheet so I filter the spreadsheet. But when someone else tries to look at the spreadsheet they'll see the filtered spreadsheet.

They could just remove the filter or I could remove it when I'm done but I can't really reasonably ask everyone else to remove the filter I set or be bothered to add and then remove the filter every single time I use the spreadsheet.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. i think it's a lot better if you will automatically open (provide support to) whatever unsupported files of excel as long as it is excel!!!

i think it's a lot better if you will automatically open (provide support to open files) whatever unsupported files of excel as long as it is excel!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Provide user info who has the document checked out in the online version

I need to open the desktop version of the spreadsheet in order to view who the file is locked by. If this info was provided in the onlinver version, it would save this step.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. allow printing from the preview document page (w/o having to click "open online")

When you click on a document and it opens into a preview document page, you should be able to just click a print button from that page and print what it shows you as the preview, without having to click "open online" and then selecting and printing. This would make it much easier when people are sharing a document and jsut need to print it and not edit it. This was an option about 4 months ago, but suddenly dissappeared.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Shove this online piece of **** up your collective *****.

Shove this online piece of **** up your collective *****. Nothing seems to work correctly, or when it does, it doesn't the next time I try if for some unknown reason. Google was able to create collaborative apps and provide them for free. And now I can't even delete my own document from my own OneDrive location? This is inexcusable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Application Error for Excel

I cant open my excel file ,see the attachment .
    Please give me some suggestion.Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base