Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Side by side in Microsoft Teams

Could you please add the option to view multiple sheets side by side in Microsoft Teams just as you have the option in Excel desktop?

Thanks! :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Define Name for a range

Name a range in Excel Online and make available to use in formulas in other workbooks

168 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Include a script search box in the Scripts pane

Add a search box in the Scripts pane. Also , perhaps, add the ability to create folders in the pane , too. Enter text in the search box would filter those scripts that are listed making it easier to find the one you need. I am, already, having to scroll through a hundred scripts and that is, only, after a few months of using Office Scripts. In a year or two I will have hundreds of scripts which will, actually, be impossible to navigate.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "Dar nombre a un rango de celdas"

Consdieraría muy útil recuperar función que tenían las versiones anteriores del Office Excel

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Excell should launch directly without opening the browser

Excell should launch directly without opening the browser

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Linking of excel sheets in multiple files using formulas in sharepoint.

Working in single file is a basic thing. However linking of multiple excel files through formulas are not present in sharepoint. For example VLOOKUP(), SUMIF(), MATCH() e.t.c.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 2 Step Verification for individual Office (Excel, Word, etc.) Files

This is much needed in the business community when the product for sale, e.g. is a single large Excel file. Present day password protection capabilities don't provide the necessary protection that a compiled program does. 2Fa would solve this concern.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Be able to change formatting for single word in a cell (Ctrl H)

Ctrl H - change format for a single word within a cell rather than apply the format change to the entire cell's content.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Row height adjusts for merged cells as well

Very simple: unmerged cells, when wrap is enabled, result in the row height adjusting accordingly. Wrapped cells do not, which is a formatting gap.

Please can merged cells, enabled for text wrap, adjust the row height just like for a single cell meeting the same conditions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. excel online : Changer le séparateur décimal pour la France

Pour excel online en France, prévoir l'utilisation du séparateur de décimal "," à partir du clavier numérique (à ce jour, c'est un point et la saisie est considérée comme du texte)

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Pause edit of a calculation

Often when one is editing complex formulae in a cell it becomes necessary part way to leave that cell and double check some of the input cells. This is not currently possible without 'cancelling' that change and losing any progress, prefixing it with ' or 'entering' the change. ' or entering the change has other impacts, e.g. #value forcing a column width adjustment.

By adding a pause calc option, this would allow one to 'step out' of the editing process but keeping that cell in a limbo stage (identifiable in the Evaluate formula) based on the cell's last entered value…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Cell screentip formula

Complex Excel-based business tools are often used widely in the organization or by clients. User guidance would be considerably aided (even more so than cell comments) by a new formula, or a modification to the HYPERLINK formula.

Firstly, XHYPERLINK (like XMATCH) to allow users to exceed the 255 char limit.

Option 1: New formula
    =XSCREENTIP(linklocation,[friendlyname])

Option2: Hyperlink formula update
    =XHYPERLINK(linklocation,[friendlyname],[link_click])

where the new [link_click] in the modified XHYPERLINK formula is TRUE or FALSE, false resulting in a non-clickable hyperlink (i.e. purely a screentip cell).

In addition, to be able to concatenate this new function, for example: …

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make standard colors primary instead of Theme Colors.

Have the option to have Standard Colors and its gradients as the working colors or have Theme Colors as working colors. I prefer the Standard colors as they match my other applications and the Theme colors do not.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add the option to use formulas for conditional formatting

What we really need is consistency between Excel 365 and the desktop version. I love the Xlookup function, and since it is only available in 365, I am stuck working on the web. That means that I need other options, such as using formulas for conditional formatting and more color options, on the 365 version as well. I read that more color options are available in 365, but I haven't seen them yet.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Improve the compatibility in between Excel Desktop version and Excel Teams version. Hiding Columns and adding pdfs is impossible

It is impossible to make columns invisible or add pdf files to the Excel Microsoft Teams file. It would be great if the online Version of Excel would be fully compatible with the Desktop Version!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Data Streamer for Mac

So many Mac users, how about allowing us to stream data as well?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I don't know how to turn off autocomplete on 1Drive

I can't use Excel for the web because I don't know how to turn off autocomplete, which has been causing data entry errors and is an extreme annoyance

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base