Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. hyperlink on single words like google sheets, formatting, and hyperlink interface file directory with link

1. URL can be linked to single words in google sheets, thus allowing to click the cell without navigation, or better looking format.

2. conditional formatting if it cell contains hyperlink, to prevent other conditional formatting from undoing the normal hyperlink formatting

3. the hyperlink interface that can look at files like in the desktop. But use the URL link instead of file Path link. So folder can move and not break linking and open correctly from all interfaces (instead of thinking its a download if done wrong)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. open in desktop app

pressing open in desktop app should not need another pop up for approval to open in desktop app

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Workbook Links Excel 365 on the web

Dear All,

I am user of Excel 365 web. I would like to connect (link) two excel files, both files are in my OneDrive. I would like to do this in Excel 365 web. I tried this procedure:

https://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-brings-support-for-external-workbook-links-to-excel-on-the-web/

But it doesn't work.

Karol

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Need a button in the ribbon or Quick Access Toolbar for "Center Across Selection"

Merging cells makes copying and pasting of those cells difficult, so I almost never merge cells. Instead, I use "Center Across Selection" extensively, but it requires 4 mouse clicks or 9 keyboard clicks. Please provide a standard button for this in the ribbon, or at least a command icon that I can add to my Quick Access Toolbar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. bind office script to events

bind custom functions written with office scripts to events such as "onChanged" as described in the documentation for addins:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/add-ins/excel/excel-add-ins-events

it's essential to enable automation

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback.

Currently, events APIs are not supported within Office Scripts. One of the main reason is that events can be long running and scripts have a defined start and end points. Unlike an add-in, the script doesn’t stay in the background to listen in and act on the events.
    Could you please let us know how you’d utilize events API support? That will definitely help us understand the requirement better.

Thank you
    Sudhi Ramamurthy
    Program Manager

7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Die Ausrichtung der Schrift/Zelle

Die Ausrichtung der Schrift/Zelle sollte ein Muss in Excel für das Web sein!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. radio buttons

Radio buttons don't work and are not visible in online version. If file is uploaded to sharepoint there's only empty area where radio buttons are. If fsharepoint file is downloaded then again, the radio buttons are missing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Power query metadata in VBA

It would be nice to have metadata from a PowerQuery table. The text encoding, recordcount, list of fields and data types, the table as a recordset, etc. There is Binary.InferContentType, and separate queries can return headers etc but IMO it would be better to surface them as Query properties.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enable Office scripts on the Home/Personal version of Office 365

I need to learn Office/Excel scripts for work, so that I can update some older spreadsheets that are programmed with VBA. However I do not have the time at work. I would like to be able to play with this at home - I have a personal office 365 subscription, but cannot access the automate tab.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enable Auto expand column width

Enable Auto expand column clicking functionality. When double clicking, on the edge of a column, on its boundary, it should expand to show the full contents of all the cells in that column - as is, currently, the case in Excel desktop app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Insert image in a cell

Insert Image in a cell, with various options of adding the file to the cell, like from camera or from a gallery or from a any one drive.
    This option is currently available in google and can be implemented in MS-Excel, due to this the productivity is enormous in construction industry.

I request upon to bring it as soon as possible.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please consider allowing multiple font colors in a single cell of an Excel Online spreadsheet. Thank you!

We use excel online with Huddle to allow multiple users make daily updates to a file. It would be nice if the functionality in regular Excel, that allows multiple font colors in a single cell, were incorporated into Excel online. The way we would like to use it, the user would highlight changes made to a cell in red text, while the existing text remains black. Thanks for your consideration.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please add 'full HTML formatting' option in excel 365 to import data from web

Please add 'full HTML formatting' option in excel 365 to import data from web

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. unlock sheets

It's very important and necessary to be able to "unlock" sheet in the site of Excel 365 in line, because the lack of this option make the user the mandatory the necessity of have Excel.app installed in the hardware, so because of this the fully potential of the "on line" services are not so functional and not allowd us to become in a "fully movil collaborator" to our companyes

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Table Name

I think Excel online can customize table name

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Office 365 Excel needs the show formula function

CTRL + ` would display the entire sheet in formula view. As a teacher, I need this feature to correct student work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Value field In a Pivot Table

In Value Field in a Pivot Table there are various options of calculation of that field . At times one may not require calculation but to display the values as in source Cell. so in calculation option one more option may be added "same as Source Cell"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base