Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Excel Online - sheet print area

Excel Online - Set Print Area - would be nice to be able to set a print area that can be saved, so that when others use the document, it will print the same way without having to redo all the settings.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Restrict editing sheet views by requiring the view to be saved

Require a sheet view to be saved if someone adds a new filter within an existing sheet view so it doesn't modify the sheet view for everyone.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Opening and saving files

To have access on how to save information of a client and opening it again

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve Conditional Formatting in Teams

I just posted an excel file to Teams and the conditional formatting did not come with it. I haven't done any trouble shooting, but it appears that it's because I used formulas for the conditional formatting, rather than the other options.

Is there a reason you can't use formulas for conditional formatting on Teams?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add an option to "Freeze up to Selected Column"

Add an option to "Freeze up to Selected Column", not only the first column. Also, an option to "Freeze up to Selected Row".

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Different Color or Theme

It would be cool to have different color or theme of your preference.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. In the view tab, Split is essential but presently it is missing

In the view tab, Split is essential but presently it is missing, kindly provide

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. evaluate Formula

Make Evaluate Formula and Formula tab available online.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Multiple cell selection using Ctrl+selecting non-adjacent cells should be activated for copying and pasting values across a spreadsheet.

Multiple cell selection using Ctrl+selecting non-adjacent cells should be activated for copying and pasting values across a spreadsheet.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The right click Show/Hide Field List option on a pivot table is not saving.

The right click Show/Hide Field List on a pivot table does not save. My field list keeps coming back, even though I have set it to Hide.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Excel for the web and Excel Online should handle ODC connections to PowerBI

In PowerBI it is possible to "Edit in Excel", which creates an ODC connection to the data model.
    But the resulting report is not possible to view/slice from either Excel Online or Excel for the web from either SharePoint Online or PowerBI.
    This forces us to build and maintain separate data models for every single report.

Please let Excel Online and Excel for the web be able to authenticate towards the PowerBI, that would make the BI tools much more useful.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Select multiple Sheets to delete on sharepoint

Select multiple Sheets to delete on share point. It currently makes you go one at a time. The Shift and CTRL button does not work in Sharepoint when the Excel sheet is live.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Default view of excel sheet in 'Reading view'(no edit)

Default view of excel sheet in 'Reading view'(no edit)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. How to Zoom In and Out in Excel files in Teams ?? I cant find the Zoom option. This is crucial for the work.

How to Zoom In and Out in Excel files in Teams ?? I cant find the Zoom option. This is crucial for the work.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow multiple user edits in real time.

Users should have the ability to collaborate edited documents in real time. Allowing users, especially large groups, would advance the work task to be accomplished more quickly and efficiently.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. allow full use of excel features on the online version.

The one drive excel does not have the full features of excel and so I cant use it for my Intro to excel class which is frustrating. Please allow the full version from Online.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Online Excel needs to have 'Name Manager as an option'

The online Excel version does not have the 'Name Manager' option, which I use frequently for Macros and VBScript. To get the features I need, I end up having to open the application on my desktop.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I need Change Forms Question Column Position In Excel . Because The Excel Question Order By is different than Forms

I need change Forms Question Column Position In Excel . Because The Excel Question Order By is different than Forms

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Excel is a Powerful calculation tool. But Excel speed of loading the cells with formulas , data, filter, should be improved a lots

Excel is a Powerful calculation tool. But Excel speed of loading the cells with formulas , data, filter, should be improved a lots

If Speed of Excel data loading both 32bit & 64bit is improved.

In Office Excel sheet can be widely used in many applications effectively.

I request Microsoft has to think of autonomous Dynamic Memory Management , for Excel data Very high speed Executions.

Currently Excel usage is limited, due to low Speed of Excel file opening, closing, data loading, formula loading, Filter loading, macro supports lag time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base