Feedback by UserVoice

Excel Online

Welcome to the Excel Online feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make all funnctions available. i.e. Power Pivot, Power View, Power Maps, and Power Query.

Student using Excel need the Power features such as Power pivot, Power View, and Power Query

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. cursor visibility

Please improve the online edition for cursor visibility? We still have a poorly visible cursor (green and has no editable options) in Office Excel 365 due to the restrictions on not allowing Windows schemes it appears. It may seem not to be a problem when looking at a simple sheet. But for very large complex sheet with colour this is major issue. This is a problem for partial colour blindness, and especially where the cursor must be used on coloured sheets. No contrasting colour is applied. Can we have an option to have -
    1). A larger cell cursor line…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Setting to Block Excel Online

I have some complex excel files with Macros and references to other spreadsheets.

They are stored in a Sharepoint portal which exposes them to Excel online.

As soon as somebody opens them in online it breaks the external spreadsheet links and breaks some macros functions.

And since the macro doesn't work in Online would be great to have a slider, Block from Excel online. It would start to load online then see this flag make no changes and force local excel to open and download.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. CHECK-MARK A CELL

I'd like a way to check-mark a cell instead of highlighting it...to show I've completed the task in that cell. For instance, if I'm going thru a listing and checking it against something, I'd highlight in yellow that I've checked it, but I'd rather have a small check-mark in the cell. So I don't have to un-fill the color etc. A quick way to tag a cell...check-mark that toggles off and on.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Pivot Table Right Click options to Expand/Collapse Entire Field

Pivot Table Right Click options to Expand/Collapse Entire Field

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add "Define Name"

Add Define Names and the Formula tab

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make lables for charts work in excel online

When you hover over different points on a chart in Excel you can see the values of those points. This does not work with Excel online. Because of this I will often have to open the file in Excel as opposed to just using online.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. there should be a shortcut for paste special or an option when you right click the mouse

shortcut for paste special or an option when you right click the mouse

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. stop excel online

if I click on a excel file, I would like the excel to open in excel and not online. how can I stop excel online. is there a way we can get rid of this online nonsense.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I would like to be able to change the excel theme to night mode

It would be cool to have a night theme for excel if somebody is up late, excels color scheme can be ******* the eyes. Look at reddit night theme, they have a pretty good one

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make Excel Online support all features just like Actual Excel

Make every feature supported in excel online just like the actual excel. Only then People will start using excel online.Unless Excel online is supporting all features, people wouldn't be using your cloud based platforms like Microsoft TEAMS.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add developer tab including VBA

Enable a developer tab so that users can add macros and edit the VBA behind them. JavaScript would be nice to be able to use as well.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Color or the text in one cell

With the current version of Excel Online, once you change the font color of a particular text in single cell it automatically changes the font color of every text or data in that cell.
    It would be handy if we could use different colors for the text in one cell

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. No apparent capability to Zoom within Excel Online

No apparent capability to Zoom within Excel Online

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. More color choices, especially for highlighting.

I have a running file that I no longer have access to some of the colors I have used for 3 yrs now. More colors, and more SHADES of colors, please.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. modify excel online to open password protected files

like other email websites (gmail, etc), excel online should also have feature to open password protected files without download to the pc, it should be open online by entering the file password

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Where is custom sort?

Would really like to have the custom sort feature on the online version.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. probably formula function should be available for online excel

IF function not working in online excel but working in local excel. Probably it should be provided for online excel as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Open Excel application automatically

It would be great if there was an option to open the Excel application automatically instead of having to manually click "Open in Excel".

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base