Feedback by UserVoice

Excel Online

Welcome to the Excel Online feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Excel Online the exact same as Excel Offline

Make Excel Online the exact same as Excel Offline

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show who is editing the Excel spreadsheet on Sharepoint so that I can track that person down so that I can edit the doc.

Currently, when I try to edit an Excel spreadsheet online (shared with other users), I can't edit it because somebody else is using it. However, I have no idea who that person in the office is. It would be great if Sharepoint stated who the user is so that I go and talk to them to resolve the issue.

In the interim, I guess I'll just use Google docs wherever possible.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Macros

Please provide a facility to run macros online.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please add user changes log

Please add some extra feature like change history, please make undo redo function more efficient in system copy paste and excel itself

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable Full screen mode and zoom slider

Enable Full screen mode and zoom slider

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Trendline with Excel Online

Excel online needs the capability of adding a trendline to a graph. How is this not possible when it should be a basic function of any excel program? With my present job there's really no point in using excel online when it can't add a trendline. If google sheets can add trendlines then excel online should be able to also.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. expand the sorting capability

expand the sorting capability so that users can sort by multiple criteria not just a single one

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please allow macros within Excel online 'Edit in browser' mode

You should be able to run macros while editing in your browser for an Excel Online Sharepoint/OneDrive document. Currently, you can only do this if you select 'Edit in Excel'

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. right click paste options

Currently in Excel desktop when you copy something to your clipboard the right click menu includes a Paste Special drop down menu, as well as icons for paste, paste values, paste formula, etc etc

In Excel online the only way you can access Paste Special options is the long way round on the Home menu. Can the Paste Special drop down menu be added to the right click (or better still the icons)?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Zoom % should be actual

The zoom % in Excel online is always 100%. It would be good to load the file with the actual view size saved in the file. Secondly, there is no zoom option available in the screen. We have to use the browser zoom option to do the same.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Row and column highlighter

Row and column targeting highlighter. I would love a feature that when I point or click on a cell, the entire row and column is highlighted with a
    color that I can choose from a pallet. This feature would confirm when entering values into a specific cell, that you can ensure you are working on the right row or column because often sheets are very large and making sure you enter a value into the right cell can be a problem especially after hours of staring at a spreadsheet with many values. This feature can of course be turned on…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow users to cut and insert rows in between existing rows

Currently, when you cut and 'insert' rows, it pastes over existing rows and information. The insert function should insert the rows and move the existing rows down.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add text rotation option

Excel Online lacks one important feature: text rotation option is not implemented and even opening existing xlsx file with the text formatted as rotated is not showing it correctly

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. If too large for Excel online allow the ability to download the file and open locally.

If too large for Excel online allow the ability to download the file and open locally.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. cursor visibility

Please improve the online edition for cursor visibility? We still have a poorly visible cursor (green and has no editable options) in Office Excel 365 due to the restrictions on not allowing Windows schemes it appears. It may seem not to be a problem when looking at a simple sheet. But for very large complex sheet with colour this is major issue. This is a problem for partial colour blindness, and especially where the cursor must be used on coloured sheets. No contrasting colour is applied. Can we have an option to have -
    1). A larger cell cursor line…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Filtering whilst in a shared workbook should not affect all users , each user should be able to manage their own view of the data

Filtering should not affect all users in a shared workbook, each user should be able to manage their own view of the data independently

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. No apparent capability to Zoom within Excel Online

No apparent capability to Zoom within Excel Online

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. More color choices, especially for highlighting.

I have a running file that I no longer have access to some of the colors I have used for 3 yrs now. More colors, and more SHADES of colors, please.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base