Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sort columns and update formulae

e.g. column A cells have formulae with cell references to their row. Column b has strings. when I sort data by column B, the references contained in column A aren't adjusted to refer to their new row number.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Online forms to support "grid" as exists in Google forms, and when done so to allow more than a single answer per row (Google does not)

Support Grid or matrix as a survey option and allow user to select more than a single answer within the matrix (grid as Google calls it). (Google does not support multiple answers). An example is dates as rows and class names, time of day, availability (yes/no), etc. as columns. When dates are recorded in the form and then the spreadsheet, allow the format to be in date format unlike Google where they are text.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

We don’t understand the title of your idea, and there’s no description. Can you make the title more clear and add a description?

Thanks,
    Dan [MS]

4. SAVED notification.

When editing a document, whether Word or Excel, to show a message in the middle of the screen, or the top, in a BRIGHT COLOR, that ensures that our document was saved. :)

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. a field to add explanations in surveys, which do not require an answer

a field to add explanations in forms, which do not require an answer

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Editing a copy online Error

When an error occurs that prevents you from editing a file online. Can the type of unsupported formatting or shapes, or any other unsupported items be highlighted to make easier to suggest if the information can just be removed?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I need to be able to choose my Language to use Excel Online, but a can not do it.

Even if it allows me to choose Language, then when opening the application appear again in English.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. After making a selection from a drop down list that we created; Excel starts shaking up & down

My team at work, uses Excel in SharePoint for almost everything that we need to track. We've all (16+ people) have been having an issue. While editing Excel in the Browser, it randomly shakes up and down, the best way to describe it is the sheet moves up and down a few rows, really fast). One of my peers noticed the sheet starts 'shaking' after selecting a word in a drop down list of the sheet. To fix the issue, we have to completely close out of the Excel Tracker and then re-open it... Which causes a lot of extra…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. print background colours for cells

Print cell background colours, they show in the printer friendly view but do not print. I use conditional formatting for a lot of my reports and it is frustrating that printing these through excel online reverts to black and whit

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Increase capacity of dropdowns

As a manager with the Ga Dept of Ed, I routinely poll all of the school systems. I would love to use Excel Online Survey tool- but there is a limit as to how many selections I can have in the dropdown. I cannot get all 190 districts on the dropdown - which would require me to have 3 dropwdowns- which prevents me from requiring a seletion.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Build research capabilities directly into online app (for ALL Office Online apps). Include ability to select sources and CITE them.

Build research capabilities directly into online app (for ALL Office Online apps). Include ability to select sources and CITE them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make comments in excel be also saved when downloaded to pc

Whenever I download a copy of my online excel file and open it, it says "Excel found unreadable content in <filename>. Do you want to recover.." It doesn't include the comments which is very important to me as they are like my diary, reminding what that was all about.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Business Intelligence removed from Office 365 Business Premium :(

Have Office 365 Midsize Business and Microsoft is forcing us to go to a new plan. Office 365 Business Premium which is the same price has Business Intelligence missing which we use. It would cost $90 a year more per person to go to E3 which has the BI we need or I have to cancel the plan we have now (because user names are attached to the online email address) and start another account. Please add option to purchase BI for some reasonable amount!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. When using Excel online Survey it would be ideal to be able to change the font of the questions.

I will be using the Survey in Excel online with K-5 students so to have the survey look appealing for this age group would be a big advantage.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. View sheets in full screen mode much like viewing a Youtube video.

I have a sheet that 6 people can update and I would like the sheet displayed full screen on one of my computer screens permanently as an image with nothing else

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base