Feedback by UserVoice

Excel Online

Welcome to the Excel Online feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. If the scenario manager is stopping a spreadsheet from being opened then give the option to open without scenarios

If the scenario manager is stopping a spreadsheet from being opened then give the option to open without scenarios

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. can excel online show limited number of rows user is interested in?

If we can apply filters while opening the file to limit number of rows, it will save some time of users. Sometimes, we only need to see first few rows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I'm told: can't automatically save so I might want to download my work. But I don't know how to download my work. "Details" pop-up shd help

I'm told: can't automatically save so I might want to download my work. But I don't know how to download my work. "Details" pop-up shd help vut doesn't. I recommend a "Download Now" link right after that message.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Indication at bottom of screen to indicate that the current spreadsheet has been autosaved

It would be great if there was some sort of indication to say that the current spreadsheet that the user is working in has been autosaved. This would give the user more confidence before closing the tab and just assuming/hoping that their latest changes were saved.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. it is a nightmare for me to log to update my record in the UK FILE TRACKER via Excel Online

Option 1 : create and using a proper online system/software instead of Excel Online. access using ID to track the last update.

Option 2:
    Split the entry by countries instead of putting all eggs into 1 basket,
    this will ease the over-loading of the file and allow faster opening and saving the data. most important more work efficient.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Download or save excel online.

You can't "save-as" and you can't download when you open a file via an emailed link from a guest. Can't copy into desktop excel app as the data set it too large. The capability to export is there, just not accessible when it's online.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Download or save excel online.

You can't "save-as" and you can't download when you open a file via an emailed link. Can't copy into desktop excel app as the data set it too large. The capability to export is there, just not accessible when it's online.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. "Save As" to another Sharepoint folder

Please add functionality to "Save As" to a different Sharepoint folder.
    Currently have to exit out of Excel Online and go to Sharepoint to move the file to another folder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. double sheet

I can double a sheet in a workbook online, I have to dowload my file to double sheet and then upload ít to onedriver,
    I want to shared a sheet to another but nots a workbook,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Better Navigation to Solutions

While working on a file in Excel 2016 I mistakenly selected & saved a setting that configured it to only show certain named items in the workbook. Unfortunately they aren't any named items in the workbook!
    So, even tho the file exists, attempts to open it result in the attached "No Items to Show" notification. I'm the files' author so I already know what the issue is.
    What I need to know now is what are the solution steps to follow to be able to make this file visible again in Excel.
    :-)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When "copy to" or "move to" make the first available location the same folder you are alrady working in.

When "copy to" or "move to" make the first available location the same folder you are alrady working in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I will be imputing every day, so it would be nice to have an option to save as one types, so not information is lost.

I will be imputing every day, so it would be nice to have an option to save as one types, so not information is lost.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow for a file to save as to a folder in OneDrive - reference this link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_oned

In OneDrive web client - when 'saving as' a file, there is no option to choose a folder/path. It would be great if this was there. Seems like a straight forward and intuitive way to have it done. Please reference this link to the posting on MS community: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_onedrivefb-mso_win10-mso_o365b/saving-as-odfb-web-client/aa165cab-2920-48dd-a5e0-7ac1e0100908

Thanks,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I had use first time but it's not working,showing "We couldn't open this workbook because it's protected with a password."what i have to do?

I had use first time but it's not working, showing "We couldn't open this workbook because it's protected with a password.",please see att.screen shot,what i have to do?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make sure it opens the file, even if it limits what you can do in the file. Sometimes all that's needed is to view, not use the functions.

Make sure it opens the file, even if it limits what you can do in the file. Sometimes all that's needed is to view the file, not use the functions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Regardless of xls file size, I'd expect that I'd be able to open the file in MS OneDrive vs. having to open in Excel.

I have a large, multi-tab xls file that I've added to OneDrive. When I try to open it in OneDrive, an error tells me that the file is too large and that I have to open it in Excel, making OneDrive simply a storage hub vs. a workforce tool. Like Google Drive, I'd expect that I'd be able to upload a file to OneDrive and view and edit the item within OneDrive.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Save As

I have already downloaded an attachment but there is no save as feature so I renamed it and sent it on once I had amended but now I want to amend it differently for another person and find I cannot resave the original file to One Drive which is very inconvenient as I do not have Excel on the laptop I am using. I'm not trying again by using the preview feature to see if I can copy paste. If I had known I would have copied the original.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base