Feedback by UserVoice

Excel Online

Welcome to the Excel Online feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Better Navigation to Solutions

While working on a file in Excel 2016 I mistakenly selected & saved a setting that configured it to only show certain named items in the workbook. Unfortunately they aren't any named items in the workbook!
    So, even tho the file exists, attempts to open it result in the attached "No Items to Show" notification. I'm the files' author so I already know what the issue is.
    What I need to know now is what are the solution steps to follow to be able to make this file visible again in Excel.
    :-)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When "copy to" or "move to" make the first available location the same folder you are alrady working in.

When "copy to" or "move to" make the first available location the same folder you are alrady working in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I will be imputing every day, so it would be nice to have an option to save as one types, so not information is lost.

I will be imputing every day, so it would be nice to have an option to save as one types, so not information is lost.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow for a file to save as to a folder in OneDrive - reference this link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_oned

In OneDrive web client - when 'saving as' a file, there is no option to choose a folder/path. It would be great if this was there. Seems like a straight forward and intuitive way to have it done. Please reference this link to the posting on MS community: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_onedrivefb-mso_win10-mso_o365b/saving-as-odfb-web-client/aa165cab-2920-48dd-a5e0-7ac1e0100908

Thanks,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I had use first time but it's not working,showing "We couldn't open this workbook because it's protected with a password."what i have to do?

I had use first time but it's not working, showing "We couldn't open this workbook because it's protected with a password.",please see att.screen shot,what i have to do?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make sure it opens the file, even if it limits what you can do in the file. Sometimes all that's needed is to view, not use the functions.

Make sure it opens the file, even if it limits what you can do in the file. Sometimes all that's needed is to view the file, not use the functions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Regardless of xls file size, I'd expect that I'd be able to open the file in MS OneDrive vs. having to open in Excel.

I have a large, multi-tab xls file that I've added to OneDrive. When I try to open it in OneDrive, an error tells me that the file is too large and that I have to open it in Excel, making OneDrive simply a storage hub vs. a workforce tool. Like Google Drive, I'd expect that I'd be able to upload a file to OneDrive and view and edit the item within OneDrive.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Save As

I have already downloaded an attachment but there is no save as feature so I renamed it and sent it on once I had amended but now I want to amend it differently for another person and find I cannot resave the original file to One Drive which is very inconvenient as I do not have Excel on the laptop I am using. I'm not trying again by using the preview feature to see if I can copy paste. If I had known I would have copied the original.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Syop trying to prove that I shot any police officers/ Steven Lew and his 811in the year of 1997

I new all of this AND MY PERSON AWAY FROM tHE ROADRUNNER INN AND HOWARD JOHNSON PROPERTY AND ROGERS STREET AREA. tHERE IS NO BOUNTY FOR INNOCENT PEOPLE AND THE gREENSHEET WAS PREVIOUSLY FOUND UNDWER TOW Names on the internet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Why can't we just save a local copy!!!! It is simple surely.

Simple request! Just let us download and work OFFLINE. What do you do when you have no signal or the data is too large to copy in one go. I'm going to avoid Office Online like a plague

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. View only

I want user to view only my spreadsheet and not to be able to save or download the file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Is there a way to open a file as a copy and/or read-only? These were options in Mac Excel 2011 -- please bring these options back!!

Mac Excel 2011 allowed files to be opened as copies and/or as read-only. Is there a way to do this in Mac Excel 2016? Please bring these options back!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. open file on specific sheet

wouldnt it be nice if its possible to recall a specific sheet when opening an excel file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. why can't i open an email excel file in excel online without downloading it first?

When I get an Excel file as an email attachment, I'd like to open it in Excel online (Office 365) and be able to edit it. Seems like I must download it first, then open it again before I can edit it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. add box to office online apps and need to add visio app to the office online and access office online app and microsoft movies and tv

add box to office online apps and need to add visio app to the office online and access office online app and microsoft movies and tv
    and also add microsoft photos app to office online apps

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Show audit trail

Show an audit trail of folks who edits. Like Google does

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. OneDrive - See who is working on document Offline

You should be able to see has a document opened through onedrive, just like you can see who has the document open online.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base