Feedback by UserVoice

Excel Online

Welcome to the Excel Online feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. enable password usage

Allow opening a file with a password without having to download it

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Do not change the "date modified" date unless the open file is saved.

When I view a 2010 Excel file and DO NOT save it, the date modified date changes to the current date in windows file explorer. This is horrible and needs fixing immediately.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Excell

Just download data first. Then worry about opening it if it's a file over 5 MB. It gets hung up trying to open large files anyway.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. make it possible excel to work not only in ios but os also. is it possible.

Excel does not down load on Google Chrome Books

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow 2 files to be open with the same file name-Excel can recognize the full file path so display the full path in the title bar

Allow 2 files to be open with the same file name-Excel can recognize the full file path so display the full path in the title bar (or make that an option).
    This way comparing files is easier without the need to rename and lose datalink information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. the file with password are not oppened with excel online

the file with password are not oppened with excel online

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. More 'Save As' options are needed

Please add Save As CSV and Unicode CSV.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Notify user locking the file

If file is locked notify user

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. we need open the excel encrypted in the online excel without downloaded it

we need open the excel encrypted in the online excel without downloaded it

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to Download File when it exceeds the file size limit.

I hope there is an option to view the folder and download it if it cannot be opened because of the file size.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please show these features in the browser: • Objects like form toolbar controls, toolbox controls, and ActiveX controls.

Please show these features in the browser:
    • Objects like form toolbar controls, toolbox controls, and ActiveX controls.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Change confusing error message (corrupt file or file format not supported)

Issue:
    One of the operational Excel workbooks cannot be opened in Excel Online, on the opening attempt the following error message is received:

We’re sorry, we couldn’t open you’re your workbook. It’s possibly corrupt or using a file format that’s not supported.
    Do you want to try and open this file in Excel.

However when the file is opened and inspected in the Excel reach client no corruption is detected.
    The file contains External Links that are not supported (i.e. cannot be resolved) in Excel Online. After removing the "unresolvable" links, the file can perfectly be opened in Excel…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When I open a file from sharepoint in Excel online, it shows that I updated the file even when I didn't make any changes.

When I open a file from sharepoint in Excel online, it shows that I updated the file even when I didn't make any changes. Perhaps you should give a "view only" option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Last saved time/date stamp for online apps

On the online apps (Word, Excel, etc) it would be nkce to have a visible last saved time/date stamp. I know it happens as you make changes, but this would eleviate the has it saved or not feeling I always get before closing the window.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Change Interface color when file is read only

Change Interface color when file is read only...enuf said !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Version history option missing in Excel Online.

Version history option missing in Excel Online. Placement in nav bar optimal, but any place would fit needs. Win for clients as easier to restore and review past changed to files. Win for Microsoft as reduces quantity of file copies placed in cloud storage.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. View-Only feature

View-only option for excel files that are not compatible with online due to a feature or MACROS.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base