Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. allow full use of excel features on the online version.

The one drive excel does not have the full features of excel and so I cant use it for my Intro to excel class which is frustrating. Please allow the full version from Online.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Could we add Team foundation server add-in, it will be easy to refresh the sheet directly at shared place

Could we add Team foundation server add-in, it will be easy to refresh the sheet directly at shared place

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please make it to where ALL macro functions (buttons, etc.) work in the Excel online

Please allow for ALL macro functions to work online and not inhibit the online functionality.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make all funnctions available. i.e. Power Pivot, Power View, Power Maps, and Power Query.

Student using Excel need the Power features such as Power pivot, Power View, and Power Query

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Improve compatibility between Excel formula and VBA formula

Ability to copy a formula created in excel and paste directly in vba code.
    example: Excel formula is if (A1="",TRUE,FALSE) but VBA formula is if (A1="""",TRUE,FALSE) remove the requirement for the additional " in VBA so formula can be easily created and validated in excel and then simply paste directly into VBA code without further edits required

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Micros utility

same as ms excel please give facility for micros

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make Excel Online support all features just like Actual Excel

Make every feature supported in excel online just like the actual excel. Only then People will start using excel online.Unless Excel online is supporting all features, people wouldn't be using your cloud based platforms like Microsoft TEAMS.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add developer tab including VBA

Enable a developer tab so that users can add macros and edit the VBA behind them. JavaScript would be nice to be able to use as well.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. How about a scripting language or help creating javascript to run macros in excel online

Create a scripting language based on javascript or set up an excel class for users in the new edge browser - I know, easier said than done.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hi, if you could make all the functionality of Excel (eg macros) work on the online version, that would be awesome. Thanks

As above. Hi, if you could make all the functionality of Excel (eg macros) work on the online version, that would be awesome. We all work as a team online on these spreadsheets and the fact that only one person can have it on their office computer seems a little outdated to me. You're clever people, looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Nothings free in life, happy to pay my way, just need the product to exist. Thanks :)

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hi, if you could make all the functionality of Excel (eg macros) work on the online version, that would be awesome. Thanks

As above. Hi, if you could make all the functionality of Excel (eg macros) work on the online version, that would be awesome. We all work as a team online on these spreadsheets and the fact that only one person can have it on their office computer seems a little outdated to me. You're clever people, looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Nothings free in life, happy to pay my way, just need the product to exist. Thanks :)

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Developer Options Custom Ribbons

custom Ribbons on excel online, can't access developer options. cant develop excel sheet, need to build custom Spread sheets

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please add some advanced excel functions.

There is no advance excel option. Short cut keys not work, every we have wipe the mouse and change the tab, remove filter add filter, No slicer. No cell formatting option. many more.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Office Addin Excel API JS - Insert Images programatically

Hi,

I am trying to add image in excel worksheet using JS api for office Addins.

I came across this thread where users were asking to have option to support images insertion in office excel online.

Now that it is possible to insert images in excel online from UI, do we have anything planned in office JS for addin in future releases to support inserting image to worksheet in excel online programatically?

I didn't come across any documentation for achieving this functionality in

https://dev.office.com/reference/add-ins/excel/excel-add-ins-reference-overview

Please advice.

Thanks in advance!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would like you to consider an Australian calendar on this site , there are millions of Australians who use a calendar

I would like you to consider an Australian calendar on this site , there are millions of Australians who use a calendar. We use the Christian calendar in Australia which starts on SUNDAY (the first working day of the week) , and ends on Saturday (the last day of the week).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I have been following the macros that you guys suggested by long time but for some reason I can't lose weight I am 53-year-old female help

I have been following the macros for a long time I am a 53-year-old female . I have been trying to lose weight for a long time . For some reason I am actually gaining weight gradually instead losing fat.
    Need help adjusting please.I don't know what should be my next move.
    Thank you!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base