Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Add ability to Zoom in/out a workbook

Add the ability to zoom a workbook in the web browser, without zooming the entire browser window.

(2015-11-05 Dan [MS] - updated idea title and description to be clearer.)

619 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Accepting Votes  ·  Tamar Tzruya responded  · 

Thanks for your feedback! We’re reviewing your suggestion. Remember, the more votes a suggestion gets, the more likely it is that we’ll do it.

109 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is ridiculous that it takes people to "vote" to allow a simple "zoom in/out" on a workbook. If this is not going to happen can an admin please notify us so we can explore moving to other platforms?

• skp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

exactly how many votes does it take to get something "more likely" to be done? Because then maybe we can start a petition/campaign to get these votes.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been years since this recommendation was made. THIS IS NOT A REVOLUTIONARY UPDATE. Please fix or we will switch to Google Sheets.

• Zoom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Must have zoom capability (status bar) for Excel Web Access. This would be a gift!
        EWA is nice, but then users have to still open the document up in excel because they can't zoom in/out to see specific details or the bigger picture for something similar to long range training calendars in excel.

This is one of the primary reasons I often have to download & open a workbook in Excel online. Please fix this.

• dfffsdfs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been almost four years since this recommendation has been made, this isn't a revolutionary update. please fix or we will switch to google sheets

• Ivo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cloud first? Then go ahead, don't loose customers to Google Sheets and implement features like this. Thank you!

pretty sad not one person from Microsoft responded to this post. Seems like a no brainer to me. Someone said Microsoft does not use their own products. I would agree; they should eat their own dog food.

I don't honestly believe that Microsoft employees use their own products. Otherwise key features like this would not go un-resolved for so long. This is another example of a MS Online product that gets 95% of the way there and then fails to be usable because of some crucial, glaringly obvious, key feature that is missing. This is the 3rd or 4th time I've started using one of their products, then I get to the middle of a project and realize that I can't continue because some really essential feature is missing. Like... I tried to use planner, but it didn't have a calendar. I tried to use teams... but it didn't send notifications. I tried to use flow and one drive, but it doesn't alert you when a new folder is dropped added a team member... Maybe these things are fixed now? But why even launch a product if its not close to done?

Erica, they have a **** one.... Tamar Tzruya is obviously unable to the job she was hired for ... shame really. but hey, her linkedin profile is pretty ......

• Erica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I started working on an excel sheet in microsoft office online for the first time yesterday and needed this functionality immediately because the text was too small. I cant believe this has not been taken care of, in two years???? What kind of development team do you really have over there?

• Emma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quite clear that Satya Nadella couldn’t give a **** about his customers… you know… the ones that fund his income.

Mr Nadella, why has it taken over 2 years for your company to respond to your users? Is Microsoft lacking the technical skill to make this update?

Would love to hear from you

Shared sheets in Google has this option. Why doesn't MS? 2.5 yrs later and still nothing. What's the point of even voting?

please MS, it is terrible to use the Browser Zoom. Need a microscope to see menue etc.

like this post is the 2nd most votes on this forum
        Can Microsoft care any less about this product ?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base