Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Add ability to Zoom in/out a workbook

Add the ability to zoom a workbook in the web browser, without zooming the entire browser window.

(2015-11-05 Dan [MS] - updated idea title and description to be clearer.)

738 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Accepting Votes  ·  Tamar Tzruya responded  · 

Thanks for your feedback! We’re reviewing your suggestion. Remember, the more votes a suggestion gets, the more likely it is that we’ll do it.

117 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • bcot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes PLEASE ADD! I have a large timeline I view and when I zoom out the menus become ridiculously small. I just want the WORKSHEET to zoom- not the entire browser window!

• Chris Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Please Please add this to Excel online. With the movement going to cloud based applications I tend to use Excel online more than I do actual Excel. Not having this as an option adds extra steps to my workflow (save copy locally, edit return to SharePoint) multiple times a day and is creating a bottleneck.

Thank you,
    -Chris Miller

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have an excel sheet that is shared online that immensely limited because excel can’t zoom out online (iPad)

• Lorena Fdez. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good morning, I recently opened a ticket with Microsoft in relation to being able to zoom the contents of an Excel Online document because at the moment, according to what I have been told is not available.
    For me it would be of great help to have such functionality since to visualize documents with great information it is not feasible not to have it.

Thank you.

Adrian I think you have missed the point, Ctrl + or Ctrl – increases/decreases the size of the screen, not the spread sheet.

• AC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is ridiculous that it takes people to "vote" to allow a simple "zoom in/out" on a workbook. If this is not going to happen can an admin please notify us so we can explore moving to other platforms?

• skp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

exactly how many votes does it take to get something "more likely" to be done? Because then maybe we can start a petition/campaign to get these votes.

It's been years since this recommendation was made. THIS IS NOT A REVOLUTIONARY UPDATE. Please fix or we will switch to Google Sheets.

• Zoom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Must have zoom capability (status bar) for Excel Web Access. This would be a gift!
    EWA is nice, but then users have to still open the document up in excel because they can't zoom in/out to see specific details or the bigger picture for something similar to long range training calendars in excel.

This is one of the primary reasons I often have to download & open a workbook in Excel online. Please fix this.

• dfffsdfs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been almost four years since this recommendation has been made, this isn't a revolutionary update. please fix or we will switch to google sheets

• Ivo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cloud first? Then go ahead, don't loose customers to Google Sheets and implement features like this. Thank you!

pretty sad not one person from Microsoft responded to this post. Seems like a no brainer to me. Someone said Microsoft does not use their own products. I would agree; they should eat their own dog food.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base