Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Allow for personal user views/filters

When using Excel Online, if you add a filter, everyone using that spreadsheet in Excel Online will see that filter. Can you please add an option for only the one user to see that filter?

1,044 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Joseph shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminExcel Team [MSFT] (Admin, Office.com) responded  · 

Thank you for your continuous feedback over the last few months. I’m glad to update you that this work has now been planned.

To help us design the feature to properly serve your sort/filter needs in your collaboration workflows in Excel, please help to fill in this short questionnaire – https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=v4j5cvGGr0GRqy180BHbR4rWDU67-bdHnMt3Vmrztn9UNjJZUFg5UkxSSVFEQVJHQ1JDT1RCMkJLSy4u

249 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this needs to happen faster. 3 years and still no change...this is slowing our productivity.

• Anno Nymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How far are we in the process? Almost live? Final testing? Beginning tests? Finishing programming? Starting programming? Design is ready? Forming a team? Launching a questionnaire so you can say "we put out a questionnaire"?

Finally some action!

If I can give you some advice, so that it does not take another 3 years before this is finished: please do this agile, start with number one in the questionnaire, launch it and then take care of the rest.

• Samuel Korthof commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Thank you for your continuous feedback over the last few months. I’m glad to update you that this work has now been planned."

Lol, it was planned before like almost a year ago....It is a very simple feature. Why ask a customer to fill in a form while you can look at Google Sheets and just make it work like that...This is a joke.

• Amy-lynn Corey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

UPDATE: You can disable this feature!
        File > Options
        Quick Access Toolbar: On the Choose Commands From, select "Commands not in ribbon"
        Scroll down to "Share Workbook (Legacy) and add it to your toolbar
        Click it and select "Use the old shared..." and OK
        Tell it to pound sand when it suggests going to collaboration mode. DONE.

• Varun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm happy to hear this issue is gaining traction... i'm also reluctant to share the update from the Excel Admin considering the timeline that has been followed to date.

We have a 2019 Q1 activity that would greatly benefit from this change, do we have a timeline to implement the basic features of this request?

As for the "just use google sheets" comment, it isn't quite that easy in a corporate environment where proprietary information exists (or we would have already done this).

• Amy-lynn Corey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh great, so another 2 years before it's implemented? The decision to remove this feature is mind-boggling. I guess it's back to Google Sheets.

Hi all - please ask all your end users to complete the form above!!!
        I recommend we all prioritise critical elements (to make a release faster)

I see it as follows:
        1) personal filters while co-editing without persistence or personal filtering
        2) then personal freeze panes without persistence with co-edit
        3) then personal filters without persistence with co-edit
        4) then persistence of all the above eg personal view profile on a common file

Yes, there are multiple tickets for this problem - mainly because it is a deal-breaker trying to use Teams/Excel Online to collaborate. When you've invested millions in the Microsoft solution, it's not easy to just use Google Sheets... Come on Microsoft, sort this one out!

• Natasha Gossman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

FYI, this is not the only ticket open for this problem. Also, ya'll are getting nasty. Take a chill pill, either use Google Sheets, or stop whining.

That being said, this is a serious problem. We've had to stop using our shared file altogether, we have ways around this, but if it can be implemented, our efficiency and productivity would go WAY up. Microsoft Team, Please let us know what we can do to make this happen.

https://excel.uservoice.com/forums/304921-excel-for-windows-desktop-application/suggestions/31976935-filtering-needs-to-work-in-co-authoring#{toggle_previous_statuses}

We need this desperately as well. But so far I see less then 1000 votes. Can you guys call your users to vote?

• Sean Beatty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sep 2015 - "We like your suggestion and we're planning to build it"
        January 2018 - "We will update with our response plan soon"

Looking to updates as this is a major blocker for our team.

"We are reviewing this request and will update with our response plan soon". Well, we are now 9 months later, dear Excel Team. Let me suggest that you download all suggestions in a spreadsheet so you can filter them according to urgency. So the team can work together on the list.

Oh wait, that's not working...

Or did you mean "soon" as in "since the creation of earth..."?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Feedback and Knowledge Base