Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Allow for personal user views/filters

When using Excel Online, if you add a filter, everyone using that spreadsheet in Excel Online will see that filter. Can you please add an option for only the one user to see that filter?

1,257 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Joseph shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminExcel Team [MSFT] (Admin, Office.com) responded  · 

Thank you for your continuous feedback over the last few months. I’m glad to update you that this work has now been planned.

To help us design the feature to properly serve your sort/filter needs in your collaboration workflows in Excel, please help to fill in this short questionnaire – https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=v4j5cvGGr0GRqy180BHbR4rWDU67-bdHnMt3Vmrztn9UNjJZUFg5UkxSSVFEQVJHQ1JDT1RCMkJLSy4u

303 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very useful feature. Please add this to the product. Most of our customers are asking this feature.

I would also agree with Anonymous, I would not recommend this workaround for data integrity and file size reason. If it may work for you and your team, I am still hoping they could implement something better soon!

thats not even a workaround!! your now duplicating the data? which one is most up to date, what if a user makes changes to one tab - crazy!!

We figured a workaround - to right click on the tab to duplicate the tab, one for each user. we can filter and merge the data together when we are done. As long as you are not filtering and editing the same lines/cell this should work.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have followed this request with much interest for several years. I have been using the equivalent feature in Google Docs (or whatever the latest name is) for many years, guessing 10 but certainly a long time. There, it just works as you’d expect and makes me chuckle that MS can take so long to implement such a basic requirement. But equally interesting is how many businesses clearly chose to stick with MS for so long when there are better cheaper alternatives out there. We even found Google docs was more compatible with MS files than MS itself (eg if users of office cant open old versions we converted them to google docs then re-exported as excel - worked every time)!

• RJS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need this to happen PLEASE!
        We feel it would make the collaborating concept useful.

• Scoot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All, it's pretty clear that Microsoft and their Excel team are not willing to commit to a delivery schedule on this.None of us can wait around for this to happen. If in Corporate environment it's doubtful you will be permitted to use G-suite from Google. Therefore, explore the other options. I have seen PowerBi products that allow write-back - which allow multiple users at once. I have successfully moved one of my Excel Online into a Powerapp just using one of their 3 screen templates and it works very well.

Yes, this improvement is critical to co-authoring and collaboration. We are very pleased with "co-authoring" capabilities, but this issue is a big limitation.

• Vh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update regarding ETA for this new development?

• Adam Robinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be amazing if this feature was added asap, it is included in shared spreadsheets so I find it fascinating that it has not been included yet. Glad to hear that it is planned as this will make a lot of difference to our team.

• Laura commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Excel Team, Can you provide ETA for this planned update? Thanks!

Please do this, i have essential shared work book systems with filters on old legacy xl. On server, would love to move to 365

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16

Feedback and Knowledge Base