Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

To prevent accidental "cutting" of format on a protected sheet, I wish I can disable the "Cut" command when the workbook sheet is protected.

The "Excel Online" is so excellent!!! The protected sheets and structures when uploaded to Excel Online are still protected. Computations are fast as well. It is indeed an online version of the offline excel.
However, I wish you will grant this request:
-The "cut" command on a cell which is "not protected" but under a sheet which is "protected" must be disabled also. I observed that If the sheet is protected the cells which are "protected" disable the "cut" command but the "cut" is still enabled on cells which are "not protected". I wish the "cut" command on cells which are "not protected" under a "protected" sheet were disabled also if I "protect" the sheet. I love creating a "system" in excel (non-macro) and I want the format or formula on "unprotected" cells under a "protected sheet" to be safe from "cutting" when I share the "system" I've created to users. I hope you will grant my wish. Thank you.

1 vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Richard shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)