Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Trendline with Excel Online

Excel online needs the capability of adding a trendline to a graph. How is this not possible when it should be a basic function of any excel program? With my present job there's really no point in using excel online when it can't add a trendline. If google sheets can add trendlines then excel online should be able to also.

26 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ryan Roberts shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My school board's ICT department strongly pushes the use of O365 apps, but its frustrating when a line of best fit or a trend line can't be done in the online version of Excel. Microsoft needs to respond with a solution.

And before anyone says that you can simply right click on any one of the data points that gets populated onto the scatterplot in order to obtain the trendline, i have already tried that and the points are not able to be interacted with on the online version.

Excel Online is ********. I agree you cannot obtain a trendline or else I cannot find it. Also, working from a Mac and downloading the Excel program doesnt help because now I cannot add the XLminer data toolpak so I cannot get to the linear regression functions. I have had to use the combination of the two just to get my work done. Stupid. Make it either more user friendly to add what is needed or just add it already to the online addition. You guys need help. Serious help. And so do I.

Feedback and Knowledge Base