Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

two or more users in one excell file can use different filters

two or more users in one excell file can use different filters

24 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tomasz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps a way to differentiate between filters that will apply only to the specific user (visual/read only filters) and filters that will apply to the sheet as a whole for all users.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@amy-lynn corey If you use it that way it doesn't make sense to use Excel Online for Collaboration at all because the file will be locked and read only for everyone who doesn't open it first...

I agree with @Tomasz and @Mansoor on this issue.
    We track projects in an excel list where 20-30 persons need to access their own document entrys and global filtering is a huge hindrance if you have to comb through 1k-2k entries to find those which are assigned to you. How the new collaboration feature works right now may be suitable for one to three users on a small spreadsheet, but for bigger teams with heavy workload this is almost unusable. The old Excel collaboration had the option to let everyone have their own filters, I can't comprehend why you removed it and replaced it with a minor functionality

• Amy-lynn Corey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

File > Options
    Quick Access Toolbar: On the Choose Commands From, select "Commands not in ribbon"
    Scroll down to "Share Workbook (Legacy) and add it to your toolbar
    Click it and select "Use the old shared..." and OK
    Tell it to pound sand when it suggests going to collaboration mode. DONE.

• Mansoor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every user action supersedes, that shouldn't happen the every user can work simultaneously without having any problem. (i.e., first person filter shouldn't disturb second person action)

Feedback and Knowledge Base