Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Excel online- More Colors!

More colors and more themes. Please!

169 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Debby Hester shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having three variations of blue to choose from in the Theme Colors and only two basic reds in the Standard Colors is ridiculous. At least change two of the blues to red and purple and have all of the basic rainbow colors available in the theme.

• Karen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What happened to the customize colors? I want to customize fill color as well as font color. I can't find any option for that. All that shows up is standard colors.
    Why?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need more colors ! How is it you can't even get pink online but you can on the desktop version! Please give the online version the same color allowance as the desktop version please!

• Bridget commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pleaseeeeeee we need more color options! This affects our staff schedule as we have switched over to using Excel online for our daily task schedule.

Extremely annoying to set one colour on the desktop version and not be able to set the same colour in the online version. I end up with spreadsheets with a mismatch of colours which should be the same.

• Erika commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Incredibly frustrating to move into the online version of Excel and suddenly have such limited color options. Why are there three different blues, but no purple or teal? I don't need 15 blues, but a few other colors (Custom colors like everything else???) should be bare minimum rather than one pigeon-holed color theme.

• MissM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pink, I feel like we have a lot of not very attractive colors on excel. I feel like in the Theme colors we should have all the colors on the color wheel plus the lighter versions. Mustard brown is not a very popular color... but we need more female color options. Thanks

• Larry D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please enable the ability to set custom colors with RGB codes like the desktop version.

• pranavaditaya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ok frnds one small request that pls send the comments for the 2.0 powerpoint and pls do not

make any issue according this

[thanku]\\\\\

• pranavaditaya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

its good and very usefu; I am the head of powerpoint of version 2.0 ok

thanku frnds for ur support

The colors in Excel Online are trash. Why is this hard? Why do I need to "vote" for the same color palette that already exists in both Drive and standard Excel. Get it together, Microsoft.

• Udo Eckardt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The old Color choice table under further colors should be available again. The Theme Colors in Exel Online are not very tasty and dont fullfill the nessecary wide range.

not enough light colors, i.e. dark purple is there, no light purple that could be used for shading

Feedback and Knowledge Base