Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

I would like to have more color options or the ability to make custom colors. (when highlighting cells)

I use Excel to color code our schedules for work and It would be really helpful if there were more color options or the ability to create custom colors.

27 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jessica shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Robert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Giving us "More Colors" in the fill and font dropdown. Just like it is in Excel. I also like it in Excel, when you choose a cell that has the color you need, and you choose more colors, and it gives you the color that is in that cell already. So you don't have to find it. Also, I would be even happy if i could make my custom colors in Excel and they would be a option in the Browser version. But the full "More Colors" would be very helpful.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously kind of upset that ya'll changed the color scheme back to the good colors, and then this morning it's that effing grey scale theme again. Get rid of it. It's ridiculous.

• Katlyn Dupuis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely Agree Deborah - it's been a huge negative impact on our workflow. TBH, I'm shocked anyone thought THAT much grey was necessary. It's a completely illogical change.

• Deborah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Eeek! The colors have changed to even less colors it's almost a black and white palatte! In order to use Excel, the colors are VERY important!!

• Katlyn Dupuis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES THIS!! You guys just changed the theme colors in Excel online, and now the options for color-coding are even more limited. It's actually required me to completely change how we organize our work. Please please - color-coding is so important to my job. Get the old pallet back, and allow custom colors.

Feedback and Knowledge Base