How can we improve Excel Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Select all

Please put the select all cell option in the upper left corner into the Online version. I miss it.

175 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Just AJust A shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Richard BarryRichard Barry shared a merged idea: Can we PLEASE have the Select All button for Excel Online? The one between Row A and Column 1?  ·   · 
    Mark AlmasiMark Almasi shared a merged idea: Please add "select all" button or enable Ctrl+A function.  ·   · 
    Katherine GKatherine G shared a merged idea: Add a box in the top left that selects everything. It can help change the size of the boxes and you can make pixel art.  ·   · 
    WESTWEST shared a merged idea: Select All  ·   · 
    completed  ·  excelonlineteamAdminexcelonlineteam (Admin, Office.com) responded  · 

Happy to share, Excel Online now supporting the ability to Select All cells in a range, a table, or sheet; by using Ctrl+A or by clicking the triangle at the top left corner. You are welcome to try it and provide us feedback through the service (File → Help → Provide feedback to Microsoft)

Tamar [MSFT]

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Katherine GKatherine G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It can help change the size of the boxes and you'll be able to make pixel art. This is a feature on other computers but not for chrome. I'd also recommend that you can zoom in and out on the boxes. This is also a feature shown on other computers. Thank you!

• WESTWEST commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you add the feature to select everything by clicking the little box in the top left corner of the worksheet like in regular Excel?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
      • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
      • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
      • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
      • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
      • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.