Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Links between spreadsheets in Excel Online

It would be nice for links between spreadsheets on my One Drive to work.

1,098 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

245 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Trần Đức Mạnh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

google spreasheet have the function Importrange that help connect the data from diffirent file and sheet on real-time base. Hope that excel online will have that
    Right now to connect my excel online file i have to use the Microsoft flow which cause a lot of time to make when i have multi data file to connect

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

not just when using Excel online but also when accessing files in OneDrive from a different desktop computer. It seems that as soon as the xls are put into OneDrive the links are lost and have to be reset even if accessing rfom a desktop via the local OneDrive folder.

• Loic STALIN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would really be helpful being able to link two wordbooks on Sharepoints. For now, the only possibility is to copy paste the URL in a formula but then you need to open the two excel files in order to charge the updates. This is not really practical...

• Cindy Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know this change is planned, but please put a rush on the planning. This is really needed by many company's that use this product.

• Stefano Patriarchi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understood this. I also understood the use of Onedrive. But I did not understand why they removed the functionality that worked from 2007 until 2013-16 could also let it work as it was .. and after designing the operation for onedrive, if it worked it could have communicated in the next update. But to stop it so suddenly is wrong, even if it had small bags, but it would have been better than nothing. Regarding Onedrive it would have been easy to say, that some features still don't work, instead of taking away what they had already done and that millions of customers have been using for years, Simple!

• Jesse Hawks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Last I spoke with a support representative, he said they still had not made enough progress to determine a delivery date on this functionality, but that he would relay my concerns to his development team.

5 months of work since December you planned this work we arrived in May, gentlemen Microsoft do you have any news for us? you would be very kind to inform us thanks

• S. Finken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hallo Zusammen, wir sind gerade auf SP umgezogen. Leider haben wir nun das Problem, dass wir Ziellisten haben, die sich per Verknüpfung auf eine Quelldatei beziehen. Das geht nun gar nicht mehr und das ist richtig dumm. Zudem gibt es in keinster Weise ein Möglichkeit das mit einer anderen Möglichkeit zu kompensieren. Also entweder sollte es möglich sein über eine SP-Liste mit automatischen Flow etwas aus einer Quelldatei zu erstellen oder per App oder es muss eine Möglichkeit des Hyperlinks zu einer SP-Quelldatei geben. Also irgendwas wo Verknüpfungen gehenh. Aktueller Zustand ist noch nicht mal einen Stern wert.

I never understood with what concept they removed this function that worked from 2007 to 2016, even if it didn't work very well it's always better than nothing ... I would have let it work even with some gaps. But deciding to remove it completely waiting for nothing is incapable, doing so was a lack of respect for thousands of companies regardless of the work of others ...

• S H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have two clients who are keen to do this, both multi million dollar transitions from g docs etc. Neither can investigate further until this is resolved.

• S.C. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am really disappointed that it looks like that MS doesn't take these votes and comments seriously. Many top voted features are on top for years now. New comments weekly, sometimes daily. And not feedback of MS on the road.

• Jesse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has apparently been a ploy to retain 365 users in the hopes it will be implemented soon. This request has been up for four years now with no signs other than this veiled statement that it is being worked on.

Really? You have the ability to come out with a whole number of products and updates in four years time, what really is the holdup?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Feedback and Knowledge Base