Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Limitation of 50MB should be increased

The limitation of 50MB makes Excel for the web useless for our purpose, it should be increased to at least 400MB, or be made adjustable for the company.

Furthermore is the error message misleading and confusing, it says that the data model is optimized for online viewing and that one can press cancel to view, but it leads to a blank screen.
    It should just say "The report is too big for Excel for the web to open, please open in Excel app", and then a button to open and cancel to go back.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Could not be getting download excel file from SAP. Always trying to download directly to desktop excel. Which is being unlicensed

Still I could'not find any idea other than coping columns and paste a new spread sheet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Could not be getting download excel file from SAP. Always trying to download directly to desktop excel. Which is being unlicensed

Still I could'not find any idea other than coping columns and paste a new spread sheet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When a user walks away and leaves themselves in a working document, if you are the document owner, you should be able to force them out.

If you are a document owner and a user leaves themselves in the document; you should be able to kick them out of the document so you can continue working on it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Provide an option to always use the App and never use the online version.

SharePoint tends to open the web version. Better to default to the app and never the web version for users who have no use for the web version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. in MSTeam enable to export excel to PDF, able to sync files with onedrive

would be great if in MSTeam able to export excel to PDF, able to sync files with onedrive. people could work more on MS Team without switching windows and reduce steps

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Encrypted workbook in windows unable to open on a mac

Currently, working from the office and home. At the office we use windows and when i am at home i use a mac. Unfortunately, if i encrypt a workbook in windows, i only have access to read-only the workbook on a mac. I've attached a photo of what windows has access to and missing from mac version. I spoke to someone already and there is nothing that can be done. Case# 1004012456 This would be a very helpful upgrade due to some of us working from both home and work.Hope this is an easy fix. Please advise.

Thank you,
    Edwin

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I have three "Document folders" . I have a One Drive, Local PC and Default.

Please provide colorful icon options for External, System and Manual Folders. We should not need to use brute force memory to locate our most recent version of a file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please back to the previous page immediately after opened the excel files on the other screen

Please back to the previous page immediately after opened the excel files on the other screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I can't get in!

I have to be on Teams for work, but I can't open excel files from Teams in my personal version of Excel. It's infuriating.

Just let me open it!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add ability to share Excel files via onedrive without having the unsupported features removed

If I share an Excel file it always opens in Excel Web removing the unsupported Features. I would like to have the ability to share a file on OneDrive so it opens on the users Desktop without removing the unsupported Features

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow linking out of excel for the web to network shared folders

Allow linking out of excel for the web to network shared folders (curretly only cloud links function). Some data cannot be imported into onedrive due to corporate data policy.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Need to be able to access spreadsheet with more than one person at a time

If someone is in this spread sheet no one else can work. We have a dead line and we need more than one person to access the spread sheet at the same time

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Can't open Slide 9 OOR file because it's too large.

Need to reduce file size so others can actually open the file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be really useful to have the ability to create shortcuts on the Teams landing page to quickly access regularly used files.

Many of my regularly used files in Teams are many levels deep so navigating to them can be time consuming. Having the ability to create shortcuts on the landing page in Teams would save a lot of time as you could quickly access these files instead of laboriously having to drill down though each level.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. please increas file size limits from 5mb to 50 mb to open excel online

when ever try to open open online store excel file its can't open bigger data file because of file size limitaion is 5mb .

so please increase file size to open online excel

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. open in desktop app

pressing open in desktop app should not need another pop up for approval to open in desktop app

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base