Feedback by UserVoice

Excel Online

Welcome to the Excel Online feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Encrypted Excel doesn't work online

I want to use Encrypted EXCEL without download it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. make a ******** version history

make a ******** version history.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to create major versions from within Excel Online (511 minor versions limitation)

There is no option to create a new major version while inside a Excel Online spreadsheet--you have to go out to the document library and publish a major version, then go back in. This is problematic when you are coauthoring a file and you reach the 511 minor versions limit--no one knows what happens next in a coauthoring scenario (does everyone have to get out and go back in?), and there is no documentation about this scenario other than the warning that the last version will simply be overwritten going forward (does everyone get the error message?).

Alternatively, you could…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. If a file is too big to open in excel online, it should just launch excel without me having to

If a file is too big to open in excel online it should simply launch Excel without asking me if I want to do that. If I clicked on the file to begin with, I obviously want to open it, regardless if it is online or in the desktop app

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Include capability to display charts.

Would prefer not to have to open excel app to view spreadsheets with charts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! NOTHING WORKS CORRECTLY!!!!!!!!! YOU HAVE TO OPEN TO EXCEL TO ACTUAL WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Excel file attachments in Hotmail email

When Excel protected files are attached to Hotmail, create a feature where in Hotmail the file can be opened with a password

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hide Columns once opening Excel

It helps ease the load of the information. Not all how use file are doing it for view purpose. When one editing they don't need all data to be loaded. So this option of show data will help fast data adding.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Improve locked files

If I accidentally leave a file open on another computer, I should still be able to edit it on the next computer/online program. I signed in with the same accounts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Have a way to create multiple excel, or word documents at one time

I have to create a excel doc. for every day of the year. and improvements happen, or changes are made I then have to re-label, and save new documents.
    but....
    if there was a way to save one file, and create multiple copies at one time that would be a game changer/time saver.

i.e.
    01-02-2019
    01-03-2019
    01-04-2019
    01-05-2019

and so on, and SO ON.....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Excel Online should be able to open a XLST file properly

If I have a stored template file in OneDrive Excel Online should be able to handle it properly, i.e., it should open a file based on the template and prompt to name it. Then it should behave as normal. Not having this function seems bizarre.

I want to store a couple of template files in OneDrive so I can always get at them and use them from wherever I am working. Easy.

Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Excel Files

If files are bigger than 5mb, at least give choice to download please

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I am not able to download/open excel file from sharepoint

We should be allowed to download and save excel files which have been uploaded by the other user since last updated. When i download computer asks me username & password which even after filling I cannot open the file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. don't let me enter data if I can't save it

when an excel spreadsheet opens up, it allows data entry but you can't save your work. You need to Open it in Excel. Why allow the user to waste time entering things they can't save

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Setting "Starred" or "Favourites" for some frequently use Excel/ Word file

A short-cut folder for my frequently use Excel/ Word file.
    Thus, we will able to open the said file in few second.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Literally stop existing.

That way, my employer won't prevent me from using Google Sheets.

Google sheets is better in every single way. Your *only* advantage is that you somehow convinced my employer to use sharepoint instead of Google Drive.

Please, please stop existing and let me get back to work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Option to close Online window / tab when Open in Excel desktop is used

When in Excel Online, if i Open in EXcel, most of the times i do not want to return to the Online Window , so i would like the option to Open in Excel and close my online Tab .
    This would make it look smoother and remove the need for this funny pop up that is displayed etc

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow larger file size

Larger file size. 30 MB does not allow for a reasonable data model. It would be far more practical if Excel Online could handle 150-200 MB files without having to open Excel desktop.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. How about making it possible to auto save as I am working instead of providing useless message to create an offline version

How about auto saving work as it is done instead of posting a useless message to download a version and then upload - perhaps you could label it as an 'online cloud feature' like Salesforce does

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base