Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Having a default starting point when opening an existing file

The starting point when opening and editing existing Excel files on SharePoint currently depends on what cell was clicked on last. While that makes sense for continuing where one left off, I find it cumbersome if I'm 45 lines down and need to see what my defining top row is, and have to scroll back to the top and then back to where I was to resume.

I think it would be easier if the default opening would be at the top of the first book (if multiple books), and have the last section worked on highlighted, or some other…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. allow individuals who are microsoft 365 owners to open web based documents

if a user has a valid Office 365 subscription it would be helpful if they were permitted to open documents in the desktop environment. Blocking this, reduces our ability to use your software and will lead us to use a different platform.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. PROGRAMMERS ACTUALLY HAVE TO USE THE THING

MAKE THE PROGRAMMERS ACTUALLY HAVE TO USE EXCEL OUTSIDE THEIR PROTECTED WORKPLACES SO THEY CAN SEE WHAT THE REST OF US ARE SUFFERING WITH.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Excel online opening to the last cursor spot vs top left

When I open excel online it opens to an odd spot in my document. It appears the last spot my cursor was left is now the top right of where it opens. For example if I'm working in a document and leave my cursor on the far right of my page (there is no more data on the right) the next time I open it my file opens with that far right cell now as my top left cell shifting my document. When working in multiple files and opening and closing it makes the constant having to scroll extremely annoying.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Would be good to be able to download large files...

I get that Excel online can only open files up to 5 MB, but if the file is larger I do not see the option to download it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Error

The only problem while using the excel sheet is that multiple users cannot use it simultaneously

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Provide a history log for excel and feature to revert back to that version of excel before it was modified

Provide a history log for excel and feature to revert back to that version of excel before it was modified

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It takes very long to open file as it downloads from the server, it should be online

It takes very long to open a file as it downloads first. Please make it faster.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Excel is great, but using Ecel to load a file from SharePoint iiissss sooooo slllooowwwww. Make that faster, please.

Excel is great, but using Ecel to load a file from SharePoint iiissss sooooo slllooowwwww. Make that faster, please.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Can you please add feature to lock the individual sheets in the Excel online and version history as well.

Can you please add feature to lock the individual sheets in the Excel online and version history as well.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. when a colleague has locked a file and then parts on holiday we cannot do anything. There should be a max duration of locking, e.g. 24h.

when a colleague has locked a file and then parts on holiday we cannot do anything. There should be a max duration of locking, e.g. 24h.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Encrypted Excel doesn't work online

I want to use Encrypted EXCEL without download it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. make a ******** version history

make a ******** version history.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to create major versions from within Excel Online (511 minor versions limitation)

There is no option to create a new major version while inside a Excel Online spreadsheet--you have to go out to the document library and publish a major version, then go back in. This is problematic when you are coauthoring a file and you reach the 511 minor versions limit--no one knows what happens next in a coauthoring scenario (does everyone have to get out and go back in?), and there is no documentation about this scenario other than the warning that the last version will simply be overwritten going forward (does everyone get the error message?).

Alternatively, you could…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. If a file is too big to open in excel online, it should just launch excel without me having to

If a file is too big to open in excel online it should simply launch Excel without asking me if I want to do that. If I clicked on the file to begin with, I obviously want to open it, regardless if it is online or in the desktop app

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Include capability to display charts.

Would prefer not to have to open excel app to view spreadsheets with charts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base