Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I can't open a file that is "View Only" in On-Line Excel. Have to copy the file using File Explorer to make a copy of the file.

We use files saved in SharePoint as "templates" for various things. The templates are set up as "View Only". If you try to save one to your one drive, it gives an error message or if you try to "Open in the desk top application", it gives an error. The only way I have been able to make a copy of a file like this is to use file explorer to copy the file from SharePoint to a different location, then open using the desk top application! Please fix it!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. excel

I had a read only version of Excel up from Teams. I tried to edit the workbook in teams and it informed me I had the workbook locked even though I had a read only version of it opened.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. bad expericne on open excel on desktop

bad expericne on open excel on desktop. Tried many times and not working

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. How about when I download the Excel file you make don't have the spreadsheet appear upside-down and in a mirror image. It would be much mor

Excel files shouldn't open upside down and mirror image! Crazy idea, I know. But I'm not dyslexic enough to work on mirror image spreadsheets - just not a talent of mine!

Also - how about a Save As function that would save the document? I know you have better ideas than I do about what to do with my documents, but please just let me be me!

Overall rating of Office 365 at this point is 0 stars out of 5. You people are failing. Completely.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I can't add row in my excel sheet. Could you solve that problem for me. Thank you.

I can't add row in my excel sheet. Could you solve that problem for me. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I can't add row in my excel sheet. Could you solve that problem for me. Thank you.

I can't add row in my excel sheet. Could you solve that problem for me. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. ******** thats what this is

why pay for * especially from some large animal such as a bull

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I entered my email addresses why does it keep telling me I might not have permission to do that. I am Mike Yaden and I'm Owner of Mike Yaden

I am the owner of this business and it keeps doing crazy things like telling me I don't have permission. Why ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Prevent removing Allow Filter Option in protected sheets

I have a protected Excel file on SharePoint with Allow Filter Option. If an of the user press Ctrl+Shift-L the filters get removed automatically and since the file is protected, users are able to reapply the filters again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Name Conflict error

It's very, very annoying to keep receiving the Name Conflict error. Please fix it ...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The DC DMV fee calculator is missing the Excise tax calculations

Excise tax is missing in DC DMV Fee calculator

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. prompt to open in desktop first. everyone i know opens in desktop, so would be good to get this open early as possible

prompt to open in desktop first. everyone opens in desktop, so would be good to get this open early as possible

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. You should be able to insert copied cells with out getting an error. This is a standard practice for the desktop version.

You should be able to insert copied cells with out getting an error. This is a standard practice for the desktop version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Open in Microsoft Excel

It would be nice if when in Teams and click on "open in Microsoft Excel" that it would then actually open in Microsoft Excel. Very frustrating...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. MAKE IT SO YOU CAN RE-OPEN XLMINER. YOU CLOSE IT BY ACCIDENT AND YOU CANT REOPEN IT, THEREFORE, FAILING THE ASSIGNMENT.

MAKE IT SO YOU CAN RE-OPEN XLMINER. YOU CLOSE IT BY ACCIDENT AND YOU CANT REOPEN IT, THEREFORE, FAILING THE ASSIGNMENT.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. excel online : Changer le séparateur décimal pour la France

Pour excel online en France, prévoir l'utilisation du séparateur de décimal "," à partir du clavier numérique (à ce jour, c'est un point et la saisie est considérée comme du texte)

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base