Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. what is this

hey will u plz help me in understanding this excel sheet.
    Some of them are microsoft employess.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. i suggest you make copy/cut selections larger. and auto align all cells if that doesnt already exist.

i tried to select 1 million cells to cut to a new document and it wouldnt let me so i suggest increasing the size or ammount of cells you are allowed to copy. also when you have 365 cells across it is a pain in my butt to align all of them by hand when the dates are wider than the preset offset. also i suggest that you increase the maximum size of the files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. A new product: Excel Dynamic

I think Microsoft have a hug opportunity to improve Excel by introducing an icon-based add-on to Excel. This add-on will be used to do dynamic calculations (i.e. any calculations where you are looking at how things are changing over time) and will use the notation from system dynamics software (for examples, see sysdea.com or stella architect by iseesystems.com). The add-on will collapse the time series for any variable into one icon, and will make use of arrows to show causal connections between variables (rather than using confusing and error-prone cell references). These icons will make an important visual distinction between…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. maybe you should state how to range the data ugh

U SHOULD SAY HOW TO RANGE IT CAUSE I KEEP GETTING NOTIFICATIONS SAYING THAT I AM DOING IT WRONG, thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add univariate scatterplots

For small sample sizes, it is better to show all the data. This is a movement in how data is being presented in the life sciences. Right now, it is hard to make this type of graph in Excel. There is a template someone made (http://journals.plos.org/plosbiology/article?id=10.1371/journal.pbio.1002128) but it would be great to have it as an option in Excel in general (especially the online version which allows better real-time collaboration).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m not sure I understand. I read through the article which speaks to the need for showing discrete data in the form of scatterplots, box plots, and histograms instead of bar and line graphs. We have always supported scatter charts in Excel and have recently added box plot and histogram in Excel 2016. Could you further clarify your request?

Thanks,
    Scott [MSFT]

8. ability to create multiple versions of the same chart for a different variable

or, make statistical analysis easier
    or, take ideas from SAS JMP and Tableau

One of the tools for analysis is showing the same chart but for different sub-sets of the data. for example. a scatter chart...but then a scatter chart for each subgroup. (so, if you're looking at X, then also look at X for ages 0-25, 26-50, 51-75, 76-100) (and you end up with 4 charts all should the same thing except one for each subgroup)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting idea. Thanks for the feedback. We’ll consider this in our next round of planning for a future release. Please continue to vote on this feature idea.

Thanks,
    Scott [MSFT]

9. Fix Charts inconsistencies which require you to delete items to fix them.

I run into bugs where changes I make on a chart in excel don't make it to excel on-line. For example, I changed font characteristics of 3 data labels for a chart. On excel on-line, 2 where changed and one wasn't. To fix, I had to turn off all the data labels and recreate them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Please provide further details on what you are referring to. Are you ask for maps to be supported in Excel Online or some other functionality?

Thanks,
    Scott [MSFT]

11. Allow customization of Power View charts exactly like "normal" ones

In Excel 2013 and still in the preview of Excel 2016, when you are creating a new power view chart, you can only choose existing themes to set the colors of your data. It would be really useful to be able to individually choose the colors for each element like you can do in Excel. This way, I won't have to use different themes for charts just to have the correct colors. And please transform it in HTML5 so it won't crash every 2 or 3 launches.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is good feedback. However, with the release of PowerBI desktop, we are no longer enhancing the features of Power View within Excel. However, we are working on migrating the core features of Power View to native capabilities of Excel.

Thanks,
    Scott [MSFT]

1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base