Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Map Charts available in Excel Online

Make Map Charts charting feature available in Excel Online.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. TRENDLINES ASAP

Without trendlines this program is essentially rendered useless in academic applications.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Graph Problems

1. Why the doesn't pressing control and dragging the mouse select multiple different cells, why the isn't this a thing? LibreOffice, a free program does this.

2. Another superiority of LibreCalc: 3-D graphs, I mean I don't even understand why you offer this to students without these simple modifications. A free excel like program offers this and this garbage, so called free online excel version doesn't even do that? I can't even label a series properly in this thing. If I didn't have a class that required the use of Excel and only Excel I wouldn't even bother!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. cell colors in excell online

I am somtimes using excell online and find it a little annoying that I can't color cells.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I NEED TO CREATE A TRENDLINE FOR MY BIOLOGY GRAPH AND I CAN’T!!!!

This is really upsetting. Can you pleaseeeee just add a feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Linking Charts

Hi there
    I hope this message finds you well
    I think it would be a great idea that users have the opportunity to link charts from one file in another
    For example to link a chart from Excel in a Word file
    That would make it easier to upload information and summarize it, especially information including numbers.
    Thanks a lot for your time
    Have a wonderful day :D

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Colored Highlighters

I don't understand why they don't have different colored highlighters this is usually used for business and numbers the highlighter would help to separate the work.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. should be insert charts

It would be great if you could insert charts from data info in sheet

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. More options on type of graphs and help text for the same

Need to have additional type of graphs with help text

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Can we please customise the ribbon or have the developer tab in excel online

Sliders are brilliant in excel but you can only access via the developer tab which can only be accessed by changing the ribbon.
    Maybe there is another way to get the same result/function with the above. Either way I am just looking for this functionality.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please allow me to add a trend line in Excel online.

Please allow me to add a trend line in Excel online.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add Explore function like in Google Sheets

Feature to ask a question about our data, without typing any formula. See Google Sheet.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. add different type of regression lines you can use when you select a scatter chart

add different type of regression lines you can use when you select a scatter chart

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I need to be able to have a dashboard workbook reading data from other workbooks.

I have a dashboard workbook that I need to populate with data from several other workbooks. I need to map to individual cells. This works fine in normal excel when the documents are on my local machine, but they break when they are on the cloud. I have people using tablets who need to be able to update document that need to be displayed on the dashboard workbook, but this only works when I open the documents on my local machine to have them update.

Is there a way to map to a cloud document and have it pull data…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. TELL ME HOW TO ******* SELECT DATA FOR A CHART.

Maybe have an actual dialog and/or an ability to click on the sheet itself and select. If you simply must keep your tiny text box with no help or guidance or interface whatsoever, at the VERY *** LEAST have some sort of guide on how to enter data ranges available EASILY and OBVIOUSLY.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Tab colors

Be able to change the tab colors at the bottom.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Select different data at the same time

I would like to be able to select one piece of data and add another at the same time to insert into a table. Like using CTRL to select both.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base