Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. zoom feature

zoom feature

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. right click paste options

Currently in Excel desktop when you copy something to your clipboard the right click menu includes a Paste Special drop down menu, as well as icons for paste, paste values, paste formula, etc etc

In Excel online the only way you can access Paste Special options is the long way round on the Home menu. Can the Paste Special drop down menu be added to the right click (or better still the icons)?

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Cursor controls that are unique to individual spreadsheets

How about making cursor controls unique to individual spreadsheets rather than having just one global setting. I use several spreadsheets at any given time -- having the cursor move to the right after hitting ENTER is good for some of them, but having the cursor move down after hitting ENTER works for others.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Instead of autosaving

Instead of autosaving option manual save through online will be helpful in online

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. dont use dell laptops ever in your life. ( this model especially )

to buy some proper laptops which work properly

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Easy Check boxes

Please make it easier (or even possible) to insert a check box into a field.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Trendline with Excel Online

Excel online needs the capability of adding a trendline to a graph. How is this not possible when it should be a basic function of any excel program? With my present job there's really no point in using excel online when it can't add a trendline. If google sheets can add trendlines then excel online should be able to also.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fire the product managers asap

Fire the product managers asap. Apparently they don't have a clue how to run business. And I bet you no one will ever read this because MSFT its not investing in USERVOICE. And don't get me started on reliability issues. QA is dirty word for MSFT. The users are providing free QA. While MSFT keeps announcing dummy useless feature trying to get some market share. All of that is simply because of greed. We must feed too many of them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Right Click option

When right click in excel - you should be able to have an option to move selected to another tab.
    I currently have to select - right click copy or clt+c and then click the tab to enter then select the next empty line and paste... I wish there was just an easier way...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. generic sheets from all office products in a single container to handle projects.

Would be nice to have the possibility to open sheets about any of the office products and not to be restricted to the excel ones. Actually I can open more "tabs" but I wanna have a ms word's sheet in the excel file. Ideal would be to have a generic container of sheets coming from the various office products.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Update the wording on Paste Specials option for the new terminology of 'Comments' being a 'note' no longer a 'comment

In the Paste Specials box, suggest to update the wording on the 'Comments' option for the new terminology of 'Comments' being a 'note'. Or have both options.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make the webversion fully functional

This is the message I got from Microsoft: "This feature is not available in Excel for the web. If you have the Excel desktop application, you can use the Open in Excel button to open the workbook and print rows with column headers."

The only problem is that, even though I have installed Microsoft Office 365 on my PC about 7 times now, Office never works on my PC. I cannot even access my documents when the wifi is running a bit slow. I live in a 3rd world country so the internet is mostly slow here. I daily regret…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Mirroring all the features and function from on-premise MS Excel to Excel online

I decide to name an array of data on cloud-based Excel but in vain.
    However, I can do it on google sheets which is your competitor.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Excel for my desktop computer is too expensive!! I dont know if im looking at the wrong app or whats the matter, but i think 130 dls for Exc

Excel for my desktop computer is too expensive!! I don't know if I'm looking at the wrong app or what's the matter, but I think 130 dls for Excel is too much!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. larger number support

Excel is still stuck in the 1990's as far as number support. Numbers greater than 15 digits lose subsequent digits. DEC2HEX, HEX2DEC and the whole family of related functions can't handle larger values (over ~5bytes). I find that I have to use Windows Calculator to do these more complex values -- it's hard when the free calculator has greater range than what should be a premiere calculation tool.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Flash Fill wants an example submitted, but does not allow you to enter anything! Iwant to fill a series of dates.

explain how to function with the stuff you put out. You have really screwed things up! I need to put together a file and send it to my doctor. I am unable to do so now.
    My IDEA is to re-think this whole thing! PS: Your "terms of service" are not for the user, they are to protect you rear end.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Island Name

Entered Island Name: Malta/Gozo/Comino

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I hate the online excel! Hate hate hate it... On the flip side - I love regulary excel :) - Thanks for the opportunity to provide feedback.

Idea - Make it work the same as the regular file... Not mind blowing advice, but you did ask :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please allow searchable dropdown list in data validation

If there are too many selections, it is time lengthy to find out where is it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)