Feedback by UserVoice

Excel Online

Welcome to the Excel Online feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. online excel to support zoom in and zoom out tables

online excel to support zoom in and zoom out tables

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the zoom features

Add the zoom features cells data

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add the zoom features

Add the zoom features cells data

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. add a zoom icon for excel online

Add a zoom feature for excel online

108 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Zoom level slider

Need the ability to zoom in Excel online.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. zoom features

add feature to zoom in/out documents/workbook

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide an option to disable Excel Online and default to desktop version

Excel Online continues to disappoint new users and is hampering adoption of both SharePoint and Teams. Even if the library and site collection are set to "Open in client application", every Excel file that isn’t opened directly form the library in SharePoint or files tab in Teams, opens in the garbage online version, then has to be change to desktop, then user has to close the useless window of the online version.

There is no option to open in the desktop version for a file attached to a planner task embedded in Teams, so then it is either jump through…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Zoom % should be actual

The zoom % in Excel online is always 100%. It would be good to load the file with the actual view size saved in the file. Secondly, there is no zoom option available in the screen. We have to use the browser zoom option to do the same.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enable Full screen mode and zoom slider

Enable Full screen mode and zoom slider

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Row and column highlighter

Row and column targeting highlighter. I would love a feature that when I point or click on a cell, the entire row and column is highlighted with a
    color that I can choose from a pallet. This feature would confirm when entering values into a specific cell, that you can ensure you are working on the right row or column because often sheets are very large and making sure you enter a value into the right cell can be a problem especially after hours of staring at a spreadsheet with many values. This feature can of course be turned on…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. If the online version would work at all that would be great.

I'd like it if I could open anything. Excel, pptt, and it would allow me to use it. It does nothing but freeze and stop in the middle. Basically expect only the basic use of this and even that is not working.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Improve filter functionlaity

I would use Excel Online more if the filters worked the same way as in the Desktop version

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Need style pattern in filling cells

style pattern in filling cells is not visible in Excel Online. It's a problem

We need to access options format cells (number / alignment / font / border / fill / protection)

More features online !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. "Chat" function in Excel

The "Chat" function should open on the recipient's display automatically when a message is sent when both parties are editing a workbook at the same time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. cursor visibility

Please improve the online edition for cursor visibility? We still have a poorly visible cursor (green and has no editable options) in Office Excel 365 due to the restrictions on not allowing Windows schemes it appears. It may seem not to be a problem when looking at a simple sheet. But for very large complex sheet with colour this is major issue. This is a problem for partial colour blindness, and especially where the cursor must be used on coloured sheets. No contrasting colour is applied. Can we have an option to have -
    1). A larger cell cursor line…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ctrl End or Ctrl Arrow Down should just make the spreadsheet jump to the end of available data instead of scrolling over all the rows.

I'm working on a spreadsheet with over 7k rows, if I press Ctrl End or Ctrl Down, Excel would happily scroll through all the rows (unnecessarily) and take its time when all I wanted was for it to jump to the last row.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add the ability to view and edit Excel Online and other Office365 documents in full screen

It's great to be able to view and edit Office documents in the browser without having to rely on the native applications, but it would greatly improve productivity if the user were able to work on files online in full screen mode, as currently ribbons for both browser and the office web app take up much of the screen real estate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Have a collapse button that hides EVERYTHING except the cells

Have a collapse button that hides EVERYTHING except the cells - IE the internet bar, tabs, top of the excel doc, all the options and menus and formula bar - If I'm going to use Excel online rather than Excel proper, it's probably because I just want to read something and maybe add comments. But with all the extras at the top and bottom, the working field is very small, so I NEVER use it, and ALWAYS open in full excel... A collapse button would mitigate this, and still be easy to swtch back if a function was needed

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Freeze bottom worksheets from moving by freeze panes selections

Freeze bottom worksheets from moving, movements caused loss of sequence and hard to follow sheets during meeting

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base