Feedback by UserVoice

Excel Online

Welcome to the Excel Online feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Define Name for a range

Name a range in Excel Online and make available to use in formulas in other workbooks

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add "Define Name"

Add Define Names and the Formula tab

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. there should be a shortcut for paste special or an option when you right click the mouse

shortcut for paste special or an option when you right click the mouse

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Where is custom sort?

Would really like to have the custom sort feature on the online version.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. probably formula function should be available for online excel

IF function not working in online excel but working in local excel. Probably it should be provided for online excel as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Will the new Dyanmic Array features be coming to Excel Online (Sort / Sequence / Filter / Unique etc)

Hi,
    I'vev just heard about the new dynamic array formulas that are coming to Excel very soon (monthly channel).

Sort / Sequence / Filter / Unique etc

Will these also be added to Excel Online? These features are extremely powerful and I would love to utilise these formulas on spreadsheets that I share with my colleagues with.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enable VBA for Excel Online

Enable VBA for Excel Online. Others have suggested a scripting language like google sheets has (which is javascript). No, keep it VBA.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. improve WYSZUKAJ.PIONOWO

WYSZUKAJ.PIONOWO in polish use ; but in subscription is , and it doesn't work properly the subscription.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. YOUR PRODUCT ******* SUCKS

SHUT IT THE **** DOWN!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Summation of cell counts by doing multiple select.

In desktop excel version, summation of numbers is provided after selecting multiple numbered cells at adjacent or non adjacent location. But in case of drive online version we can select adjacent cell but cells at non adjacent location can not be selected hence it does not give the count summation.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. ctrl+f not working

1. ctrl+f not working
    2. total no. shown after selecting the no. of columns

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Return on Investment

It would be nice to have ROI in the financial formulas

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Name management needed

Please port name management to Excel on the web, so that we can name tables and ranges and use the names in formulas.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. MINV does not seem to work in browser version. Tried both the legacy way and the new way.

MINV does not seem to work in browser version. Tried both the legacy way and the new way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. incorporate "undo" functionality into the online version to reduce potential errors

Allow the use of "undo". This creates a huge issue when a mistake is made and the user cannot undo what was just done.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. "Subtraction" formula and NOT just adding negatives

It is my view that it would be a lot easier to just have a subtract formula instead of having to add negatives to the SUM formula. This would especially be helpful when you are pre-adding formulas onto the spreadsheet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Excel online needs to have the option to freeze individual cells not restrict to only top, side etc,

online Excel needs to have the ability to freeze individual cells.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. i have a big formula and around 10 sheets of excel with the formulas , the excel online is running too slow which is really dissappointed.

i have a big formula and around 10 sheets of excel with the formulas , the excel online is running too slow which is really dissappointed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow to easily change the Online Excel formula language

I'm not able to find a way to change Online Excel (Offce 365) formula language (I believe it picked up a standard from my account which I would like to change)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base