Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can't open Slide 9 OOR file because it's too large.

Need to reduce file size so others can actually open the file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It would be really useful to have the ability to create shortcuts on the Teams landing page to quickly access regularly used files.

Many of my regularly used files in Teams are many levels deep so navigating to them can be time consuming. Having the ability to create shortcuts on the landing page in Teams would save a lot of time as you could quickly access these files instead of laboriously having to drill down though each level.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. please increas file size limits from 5mb to 50 mb to open excel online

when ever try to open open online store excel file its can't open bigger data file because of file size limitaion is 5mb .

so please increase file size to open online excel

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. open in desktop app

pressing open in desktop app should not need another pop up for approval to open in desktop app

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. There is no way to close Teams after excel launches

After excel launches you must close Teams instead of going back to the Teams message.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. ACTUALLY GET VERSION CONTROL TO WORK.

It's been what- a decade or more? - since you made ShitePoint. How about you actually get it integrated into Office and Windows Explorer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Save As Should Give Option To Remove Existing File

Here is my scenario where I'm always ending up with duplicate workbooks and have to delete the original.

I often start an excel sheet and it auto saves it to my OneDrive. But being that I intend for that workbook to be saved to Sharepoint. So when I do a save as to get it to Sharepoint, I get a duplicate file. I get the original auto saved on my OneDrive and then the one on Sharepoint that I did the Save As with (the only one I really want). So now I have 2 workbooks and I really only…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Excell should launch directly without opening the browser

Excell should launch directly without opening the browser

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. VERY VERY SLOW in oepration if we open in cloud

Excel File should open directly without asking to download the file once we click on link ( for files kept in could folders)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Identify individual using spreadsheet opened in Excel on their computer when in SharePoint

When in SharePoint, someone has an excel file open and others cannot update until they close the incident on their computer. Best to update spreadsheet in browser, but when it is opened in Excel on their computer, allow the name of individual so team can ask them to close it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add Teams option - open files by default in desktop apps

Please foresee in Teams the option to open office files (Word, Excel, etc.) by default in the Office application.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Need to know name of user who has file open

unless I know who has the file open I can't get them to close it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. if we could add the onedrive excel shared by other with link on desktop it would be helpful

if we could add the onedrive excel shared by other with link on desktop it would be helpful

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Let me give you the enscription.

Can I give you the word to remove the encryption?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base